Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UPDATED The Murdaugh Files. Murder, Fraud, Drugs and more from the influential South Carolina family

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Christmas was fukked this year, I had the rona a couple days before and my wife was sick Christmas day. We were gathering with family a couple hours away so my wife stayed behind while I took the kids to my familes house for Christmas dinner. I have nothing to do with present buying and since my wife wasn't there gift exchanges were kind of a mess.

I ended up venmo- ing my niece and nephew $100 each Christmas money because for whatever reason we didn't have a gift for them. The venmo had my nieces picture on it and she sent me a thank you when she received the cash.

FFWD to yesterday and i find out that she shares that account with her dad and she never got the money. Her words were that it was "stolen."

SO @murdaugh, i kindly ask you to return the money. hopefully it was just a mis-understanding.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Fucking gingers man. Crazy how one douche can bring down an entire family.

giphy.webp

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
^TFSF knew this story months in advance (thanks to @ChicagoFats and some others)

Now it comes down to: do they serve time, or start giving people up
I'm not sure who he could give up except maybe a judge or two. He was a pill Billy that must have had quite an addiction. I'd bet their are some folks sweating and not sleeping well. One thing I do know is he was a big democrat so maybe he does have some Carolina dirt

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
I'm not sure who he could give up except maybe a judge or two. He was a pill Billy that must have had quite an addiction. I'd bet their are some folks sweating and not sleeping well. One thing I do know is he was a big democrat so maybe he does have some Carolina dirt

They were as crooked as the day is long down there. People knew about it but lacked hard proof and its all coming to light under the microscope now.

This is just related to the one Satterfiled case too. I suspect Fleming is involved in many other shenanigans also. I expect more to come related to other cases.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
They were as crooked as the day is long down there. People knew about it but lacked hard proof and its all coming to light under the microscope now.

This is just related to the one Satterfiled case too. I suspect Fleming is involved in many other shenanigans also. I expect more to come related to other cases.
Oh I agree. I knew of them bc I know Joe McCoullugh pretty well. You don't just do that kinda shit once. However long he has been a junkie is how long he has been scamming.
I couldn't live w myself if I had done all the sgit they have done. Just garbage people. Rich white trash

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Supposedly there is blood spatter from the crime scene (i.e. Paul Murdaugh) that is on AM's clothing and this ties him directly to the crime. Breaking news, stay tuned.

Talk about a turrible Criminal. The number of people paid off….for this guy to have gotten away for sooo long…..has got to be longer than “Santa’s list for all the kids in the world”.

I continually shake my head in amazement each time something comes out.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
HAMPTON — State police have informed the Murdaugh family that they plan to bring criminal charges against disgraced attorney Alex Murdaugh in the June 2021 double-murder of his wife and son.

Agents from the State Law Enforcement Division met with the Murdaugh family on the morning of July 12 to deliver the news as a courtesy, John Marvin Murdaugh — Alex’s younger brother — told The Post and Courier.

SLED did not disclose any evidence it has on Alex Murdaugh during the 30-minute meeting, his brother said. The law enforcement agency plans to present its evidence to a grand jury this week, John Marvin Murdaugh said. SLED did not mention any other suspects, he said.

“The entire family has been consistent that regardless of what goes on, we want the truth,” John Marvin Murdaugh said July 12.

SLED spokeswoman Renee Wunderlich said the agency’s investigation into the slayings remains “active and ongoing.” She declined to comment further.

Murdaugh defense attorney Jim Griffin, who has long said Alex Murdaugh didn’t kill his wife and son, declined to comment.

News that state police were planning to move forward with charges against Alex Murdaugh was first reported July 12 by Fitsnews.com.

The charges would come some 13 months after Paul and Maggie Murdaugh were found shot to death outside the prominent family’s hunting lodge.

They would punctuate more than a year of suspense and suspicion that has swirled around Murdaugh as his life systematically collapsed around him amid admissions of drug use and embezzlement. In all, Murdaugh has been accused of stealing almost $8.5 million from former clients and colleagues.

Murdaugh, 53, faces a mountain of criminal indictments related to the thefts and a failed staged-suicide plot on Labor Day — charges that could put him away for decades.

But the June 7, 2021, murders of his wife, Maggie, 52, and son Paul, 22, have remained a constant source of speculation and intrigue that have spawned podcasts, book contracts, television specials and a growing global army of online sleuths and commentators.

Through it all, Alex Murdaugh, who is currently jailed at Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center in Columbia, has remained the only known person of interest in SLED’s investigation of his wife and son’s killings.

Murdaugh reported finding his wife and son shot to death shortly after 10 p.m. June 7, 2021, near a kennel outside the family’s property at 4147 Moselle Road in Islandton. Investigators released scant information on the killings, but word soon surfaced that the pair had been slain with different guns – a rifle and a shotgun. No motive was offered.

NEWS

Murdaugh family hopes for answers as investigation continues in loved ones’ killing

SLED tried to reassure the public that no ongoing threat existed. But how could that be, people wondered, if the killer was still on the loose? That has only fueled public speculation that the gunman was already under law enforcement scrutiny, and that the culprit might be Alex Murdaugh himself.

The case had all the trappings of a made-for-TV movie. The Murdaughs symbolized wealth, power and prominence in Hampton County. Three generations of Murdaughs have served as 14th Circuit solicitor, the chief prosecutor for the state’s southern tip. Alex Murdaugh also worked part time for the 14th Circuit Solicitor’s Office. And the family’s powerhouse law firm made a fortune over the years through civil litigation against railroads, multinational companies and other deep-pocket targets.

Still, months passed with no suspects named in the murder case. And state investigators soon found more fertile ground exploring Alex Murdaugh’s alleged financial improprieties.

Murdaugh’s professional downfall began in earnest over the Labor Day weekend, when reports surfaced that he had been the victim of a shooting himself, receiving a head wound.

NEWS

Questions remain about information, footage reportedly collected on Paul Murdaugh

But investigators soon discounted his version of events and charged Murdaugh with trying to orchestrate his own murder as part of a $10 million insurance fraud scheme. Authorities say the former attorney was actually shot by former client Curtis Smith, who Murdaugh’s lawyers have described as his personal drug dealer. Smith has denied that.

What’s more, his own attorneys acknowledged that the episode had followed Murdaugh being pushed out of his family’s legacy law firm after money had been discovered missing. His great-grandfather had founded Peters Murdaugh Parker Eltzroth Detrick in 1910 and built it into a dynasty. Alex Murdaugh’s legal team blamed his fall from grace on a long-standing, raging opioid addiction.

NEWS

Palmetto State Bank’s Murdaugh ties draw scrutiny from grand jury probes, regulators

In the months that followed, charges rained down on Murdaugh. Authorities accused him of fleecing a host of vulnerable clients whose legal settlements from catastrophic injuries he funneled into a bogus bank account that he used as a personal ATM. Among those whose his fortunes he plundered was the family of his late housekeeper, Gloria Satterfield, who died after a slip-and-fall accident at the same hunting lodges where the fatal shootings took place.

In some instances, Murdaugh channeled settlement money to a fake “Forge” bank account he created to mimic an Atlanta-based firm that manages client investments from legal payouts, according to indictments. In other cases, he is accused of having checks sent from a trust account with his family’s law firm to Palmetto State Bank in Hampton. He allegedly converted some of those funds into money orders, placed others in conservatorship accounts controlled by people to whom he was indebted, and used wire transfers to support other financial needs, the indictments stated.

LOCAL AND STATE NEWS

Ex-Palmetto State Bank CEO Russell Laffitte indicted in Alex Murdaugh case

Those who trusted Murdaugh soon became collateral damage in the case as well.

Beaufort lawyer Cory Fleming, Murdaugh’s longtime friend and college roommate, was indicted by the grand jury on 18 charges in March and again on five new counts in May. Fleming, who is out of jail on bond, stands accused of helping Murdaugh steal nearly $3.5 million from wrongful death settlement proceeds meant for the sons of Murdaugh’s late housekeeper.

Former Palmetto State Bank chief executive Russell Laffitte was indicted in May by the State Grand Jury and also accused of helping Murdaugh siphon money from his legal clients. Among other things, they were accused of conspiring to pilfer nearly $660,000 in settlement proceeds owed to the family of Hakeem Pinckney, a deaf man who was left severely disabled after a 2009 car accident that also injured several of his relatives.

Laffitte also helped Murdaugh steal nearly $1.2 million from accounts he controlled at Palmetto State Bank, including to pay back loans Laffitte had issued him from a client’s account, the grand jury alleged.

Meantime, officials said little about the murders at the family’s hunting lodge, a sprawling property along the Colleton and Hampton county lines known as Moselle.

Rumors became rampant in the void of information. And that left Murdaugh family members frustrated that they didn’t know more about what led to the death of their family members. John Marvin Murdaugh said in a March interview with The Post and Courier that he worried the investigations of his brother’s alleged financial crimes had overshadowed the quest to find out who killed Maggie and Paul Murdaugh.

At the time of the killings, Paul Murdaugh was awaiting trial on boating under the influence charges stemming from a 2019 crash in Beaufort County that killed 19-year-old Mallory Beach, a passenger in the boat. A state grand jury was empaneled last year to investigate how officers investigated the boat crash after records highlighted missteps by law enforcement and questions surfaced about a possible attempt to shift blame away from Paul Murdaugh.

In addition, SLED has opened an investigation into the unsolved death of 19-year-old Stephen Smith, whose body was found with blunt force head trauma on a Hampton County road in July 2015. The agency has said information gathered as part of the Murdaugh double-murder case prompted the new probe.

Rusty Student

2023 Fantasy Baseball 🏆
Founder
A hearing in the double murder trial of a prominent South Carolina attorney accused of killing his wife and son turned into a shouting match Monday as both sides squabbled over what prosecutors called “million-dollar” evidence.

The argument was just the latest twist in the case of Alex Murdaugh, the once-powerful legal scion who also stands accused of stealing more than $8 million from clients, co-running a $2 million money laundering and drug ring, and trying to arrange his own death so his surviving son could collect on a $10 million life insurance policy.

Newman also issued a protective order — barring much of the materials from public dissemination — after prosecutor Creighton Waters made the strange claim that some of the evidence against Murdaugh is worth “over a million dollars to an unscrupulous hand.”

Murdaugh defense attorney Dick Harpootlian — who is also a sitting South Carolina state senator — accused prosecutors of attempting to try his client in secret.

Alex Murdaugh also stands accused of stealing more than $8 million from clients and co-running a $2 million money laundering and drug ring.

Sen. Dick Harpootlian accused prosecutors of attempting to try his client in secret.

South Carolina Assistant Attorney General Creighton Waters claimed that some of the evidence against Alex Murdaugh is worth “over a million dollars.”

“Objection, your honor! … I object to the state trying to hijack this proceeding,” Harpootlian shouted over Waters. “Your honor! I am not done! If I could be heard … and not be interrupted by the state as they continue to hijack this case!

“Every time we turn around, [prosecutors] are trying to hide something,” he yelled.

Alex Murdaugh pleaded not guilty to killing his wife and one of their sons.
Hampton County Sheriff'S Office via ZUMA Press Wire
No information was given explaining the nature of the evidence in question.

Murdaugh, 54, is accused of using a rifle and a shotgun to kill his wife, Maggie Murdaugh, 52, and their 22-year-old son Paul Murdaugh. Their bodies were found last June near a dog kennel at their home in Islandton, a small town with only about 70 residents in the central part of the state.

Alex Murdaugh — a fourth-generation lawyer from a powerful Southern legal family — has pleaded not guilty to the slayings. He placed the initial 911 call, frantically telling a dispatcher he’d returned home to find the bullet-riddled bodies of his loved ones.

Investigators have said they found blood spatter on Murdaugh’s clothing and video that places him near the scene of the crime.

A date has not yet been set for the double murder trial, but it is expected to begin in January.

BurntJ

Founder
A hearing in the double murder trial of a prominent South Carolina attorney accused of killing his wife and son turned into a shouting match Monday as both sides squabbled over what prosecutors called “million-dollar” evidence.

The argument was just the latest twist in the case of Alex Murdaugh, the once-powerful legal scion who also stands accused of stealing more than $8 million from clients, co-running a $2 million money laundering and drug ring, and trying to arrange his own death so his surviving son could collect on a $10 million life insurance policy.

Newman also issued a protective order — barring much of the materials from public dissemination — after prosecutor Creighton Waters made the strange claim that some of the evidence against Murdaugh is worth “over a million dollars to an unscrupulous hand.”

Murdaugh defense attorney Dick Harpootlian — who is also a sitting South Carolina state senator — accused prosecutors of attempting to try his client in secret.

Alex Murdaugh also stands accused of stealing more than $8 million from clients and co-running a $2 million money laundering and drug ring.

Sen. Dick Harpootlian accused prosecutors of attempting to try his client in secret.

South Carolina Assistant Attorney General Creighton Waters claimed that some of the evidence against Alex Murdaugh is worth “over a million dollars.”

“Objection, your honor! … I object to the state trying to hijack this proceeding,” Harpootlian shouted over Waters. “Your honor! I am not done! If I could be heard … and not be interrupted by the state as they continue to hijack this case!

“Every time we turn around, [prosecutors] are trying to hide something,” he yelled.

Alex Murdaugh pleaded not guilty to killing his wife and one of their sons.
Hampton County Sheriff'S Office via ZUMA Press Wire
No information was given explaining the nature of the evidence in question.

Murdaugh, 54, is accused of using a rifle and a shotgun to kill his wife, Maggie Murdaugh, 52, and their 22-year-old son Paul Murdaugh. Their bodies were found last June near a dog kennel at their home in Islandton, a small town with only about 70 residents in the central part of the state.

Alex Murdaugh — a fourth-generation lawyer from a powerful Southern legal family — has pleaded not guilty to the slayings. He placed the initial 911 call, frantically telling a dispatcher he’d returned home to find the bullet-riddled bodies of his loved ones.

Investigators have said they found blood spatter on Murdaugh’s clothing and video that places him near the scene of the crime.

A date has not yet been set for the double murder trial, but it is expected to begin in January.
Post the link next time. If you don’t mind, I had to read that entire post…..to make sure it was something I had already read.

Either way…..I’m ready for this shit to get poppin!

BurntJ

Founder
Finally watching the 20 20 episode
Talk about jumping the shark…… have they even stopped investigating all the criminality that he had going on.

Seems like Fake News to do this before everything has been investigated and exhausted. (Almost like we have him on murder so let’s move it along and not get into all the criminality they he/gov official and lawyers were in.) BUT I have NoT watched yet (I will soon) so I’m probably not the best to judge the 20/20 story yet.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Talk about jumping the shark…… have they even stopped investigating all the criminality that he had going on.

Seems like Fake News to do this before everything has been investigated and exhausted. (Almost like we have him on murder so let’s move it along and not get into all the criminality they he/gov official and lawyers were in.) BUT I have NoT watched yet (I will soon) so I’m probably not the best to judge the 20/20 story yet.
My dad didn't do shit

Top Bottom