Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TFSF Golf Thread

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Liking several things about LIV golf.

The team competition is pretty cool. Shotgun start is not bad. The music and more boisterous crowds. Announcers seemingly a little more loose. Miked up players and caddy conversations.

Didn't think i was going to like it but watched it a little this weekend and kind of taking a liking to it.

Jayhacker

Legendary
Founder
Liking several things about LIV golf.

The team competition is pretty cool. Shotgun start is not bad. The music and more boisterous crowds. Announcers seemingly a little more loose. Miked up players and caddy conversations.

Didn't think i was going to like it but watched it a little this weekend and kind of taking a liking to it.
I miss the sound of the birds chirping that CBS pipes in the background.

denn

Legendary
Founder
How much money does the NBA take from China?

Until that is addressed I dont want to hear anything from the sports washing people.
The guy who is acting as president of this country was just dapping the Saudis not too long ago. Their virtue signaling means absolutely nothing. China is neck deep with all pro sports in This country

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Again...this is all lies.

They tried to say players will have NO MOTIVATION at LIV b/c they are paid to show up. (Umm.....so all those sponsors on the shirts/hats/bags dont pay players....SURE :rolleyes:) They also magically have found well over a hundred million dollar to add to prize polls for this and next year.

This is disgusting as its a Anti-American Corporate Monopoly acting like true POS's to try to salvage their gravy train.

Like Michelson or not...look at the way they have treated him. Notice when we won a Major a year ago they didnt have a problem with his gambling. But they sure used it to attack him over LIV.

Every single day presents more clearly how disgusting the PGA. (They are the college football of Pro Sports. We don't pay you for your work....only for your success,)

Last edited:

denn

Legendary
Founder
Cam is the #2 player in the world, this is a big get for LIV and a big loss for PGA. PGA is going to need to adjust their strategy of banning players sooner rather than later. Doesn't sound like they can afford to pay what LIV is paying.
The PGA will double down. They are far too proud or better yet, conceded, to do anything else. Ever listen to a OGA your rep at the high levels speak? They believe their shit smells like mommas house on thanksgiving day. The PGA could absolutely pay, they just wont. The percentage of revenue compared to prize money is very disproportionate. The Saudis and Norman are doing something that all tours will do at some point. IMO

BurntJ

Founder

Truly embarrassing behavior. But 🤷‍♂️ b/c PGA PGA PGA. :ROFLMAO:

I dont want to ever hear bullshit about character. Scottie was Mr. Character (always rises above...blah blah blah).....UNTIL HE WASNT.

denn

Legendary
Founder

Truly embarrassing behavior. But 🤷‍♂️ b/c PGA PGA PGA. :ROFLMAO:

I dont want to ever hear bullshit about character. Scottie was Mr. Character (always rises above...blah blah blah).....UNTIL HE WASNT.
If he did that intentionally, which it certainly looks like, I will no longer root for Scheffler. It’s a game of etiquette first and foremost and that’s anything but in golf. There is no room for that BS in golf because a guy wants to maximize his earnings potential in the prime of their career and it doesn’t fit your own agenda. Rise above that crap and be a man about it.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
If he did that intentionally, which it certainly looks like, I will no longer root for Scheffler. It’s a game of etiquette first and foremost and that’s anything but in golf. There is no room for that BS in golf because a guy wants to maximize his earnings potential in the prime of their career and it doesn’t fit your own agenda. Rise above that crap and be a man about it.
That was unquestionably on purpose!

BurntJ

Founder
Perfectly said! I personally do think it was intentional both by CS wtf reaction, plus either was he walked in between the player and ball when at least beginning to eye a putt……..EVERYWHERE I know of, this is minimal unsportsmanlike behavior. Really just petty unless your just messing around.

More interesting we’re these 2 nuggets Rory, Scottie and others were huddled around an iPad watching the ruling. ( They sure seem concerned…..when the FedEx is about to begin.) 2nd was Rory and Scottie didn’t make the cut……def weren’t paying attention to their games.

grimm515

Elite
Founder
Looking at upgrading from my 20 year old irons. Anyone have the new Taylormade stealths? I found a good local deal on FB marketplace.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Scheffler said there was no bad blood, that he was playing so poorly he was rattled and not paying attention to where he was walking.
I don’t know, it’s almost inherent for these guys to follow etiquette rules. Like golf 101. Not buying that explanation.

I could be wrong ….. but in my mind it was on purpose.

BurntJ

Founder
Scheffler said there was no bad blood, that he was playing so poorly he was rattled and not paying attention to where he was walking.
Of course he did. But we’re supposed to believe all the rounds he’s played. This bad round affected him sooo much that he just happens to slap the guy causing the most consternation to the tour.

They are freaking out bc Cam is about to be #1 and Ditch the PGA tour. Not exactly the look of a successful organization. Michelson was never THE CROWN JEWEL. Players like Cam are. Cam especially bc anyone that watches him play……will continue yo follow him.

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
Of course he did. But we’re supposed to believe all the rounds he’s played. This bad round affected him sooo much that he just happens to slap the guy causing the most consternation to the tour.

They are freaking out bc Cam is about to be #1 and Ditch the PGA tour. Not exactly the look of a successful organization. Michelson was never THE CROWN JEWEL. Players like Cam are. Cam especially bc anyone that watches him play……will continue yo follow him.

I don't know. Scheffler said it was unintentional and he and Smith were high-fiving each other during their rounds.

Mickelson was the cornerstone. He gave it legitimacy. If he doesn't go, all those other guys might not have been able to step out on their own. One guy did, Phil Mickelson. If LIV becomes big time, Mickelson will be remembered with Norman as the guys who made it work.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
I don't know. Scheffler said it was unintentional and he and Smith were high-fiving each other during their rounds.

Mickelson was the cornerstone. He gave it legitimacy. If he doesn't go, all those other guys might not have been able to step out on their own. One guy did, Phil Mickelson. If LIV becomes big time, Mickelson will be remembered with Norman as the guys who made it work.
Gotta give Dusting Johnson a little credit too.

Top Bottom