Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Should welfare recipients be tested for drugs?

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
The latest polling says 68% of Americans say yes, and 26% say no.

I think that any welfare recipients that test positive for illegal drugs should immediately have their payments suspended. The goal is to give one money for food while one finds a job, not get high!

STMF2X

Elite
Founder
Get ready for this to dominate tv and radio

200.gif

BigBucnNole

Elite
No. Waste of time.

Most welfare benefits spent go towards legitimate food and household goods. The people that buy the drugs and liquor are the ones that sold their ebt card in the first place.

Better option is make them non transferable.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
I would love to make highway cleaning programs mandatory for welfare recipients. Give them 2 huge garbage bags and a stretch of road and make them fill those 2 bags twice a week while collecting benefits. My brother at least fixes something or cleans something for me whenever he "borrows" money from me.

Sikness23245

Elite
Would rather employers stop testing ahead of time. It's as much a waste of money as testing people for welfare benefits. It's easy to get around and provides no benefit to anyone.

mrt

Elite

I think that any welfare recipients that test positive for illegal drugs should immediately have their payments suspended. The goal is to give one money for food while one finds a job, not get high!
Only if the testers are tested first. Half the teachers in the US are potheads and worse, if they were graduated in the late and mid 70s the number could be higher altho most would be retired now and some holding important positions, like say Union slugs etc

imprimis

Legendary
Founder

One of the scams I saw several years ago from a Sec 8 Welfare recipient...

She got her monthly food benefit card. Immediately bought all the food she had money for. Then went to every free food place in town and got as much as she could. Single woman but had every nook and cranny in her apartment full of food---literally more than anyone could eat in years.

She then sold or traded the food for drugs. Then sold the drugs for $$. Then used the $$ to buy her booze and to live on. She did this every month.

mrt

Elite
10 15 years ago on nightly news they filmed the lady responsible for handing out the guberment cheese and she took a whole trunk load home in her personal car. That was almost as bad as the video in the 90s that showed a fast food worker separating sliced cheese for the burgers, there was a very tall stack of cheese and he would lick his fingers each time he peeled a new slice of cheese eeww

TTUcamper

Elite
Sounds nice but kind of like putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound. So many more greater issues with welfare. I'd rather start with not incentivising people to stay on it forever.

Top Bottom