Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

**** School Shooting — 14 children and 1 teacher dead ****

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
How can we prevent these types of attacks in the future? Guns will always exist in America. Wonder what gun crime looks like when compared to gun regulations? That is, places like Chicago have high gun regulation, yet still extremely high gun crime.

Thinking out loud it seems as if at least part of the problem is that schools are soft targets. Here in SC the governor signed a bill placing a police officer at every school. However, that probably would not have been enough to stop this shooter (or anyone else) who was intent on causing harm.

We need to think about placing fencing around every school. I saw someone on twitter who estimated that cost at about $15 billion. In addition schools could be hardened with bullet proof glass for all outward facing windows. Metal detectors and auto-locking doors for entrances.

Gun control, in my opinion, will not solve the problem. There is evil in the world and someone intent on causing harm is going to be able to do it with or without guns. The way the government has behaved during the pandemic reinforces why we need to be an armed citizenry.

To me it seems a large portion of the answer lies in hardening the security of the schools.

Also, the decay of the nuclear family and the mental health crises caused by "gender fluid" thinking is confusing the shit out of these children and causing them to be mentally unstable.

Last, stop reporting on the assholes that do this. Don't say his name or give him any attention. Any press should be focused on the victims and their suffering alone. Of course we need to find out why he did it, but keep that out of the mainstream media to avoid glorifying these mentally unstable people.

Thoughts?

Mostly agree with every point, but especially your last point. The media sensationalizes these shootings so people with mental health disorders decide their best way out is to shoot up a school or a club or a restaurant so they can become famous.

Quite frankly, the media is the root of the majority of our issues in this country. We need to have real talk as a country about that. But when the media is basically state controlled, it's hard to have those discussions.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
This is exactly where I am. There is indisputable and irrefutable proof over a pretty significant length of time that he is not a real poster. He is here solely to troll and to try to get a rise out of people. To me he is bastardizing the free-speech notion And taking advantage of the good faith ideas that this site is based upon. There was no one else here who does that. In essence he is one of those people who in a crowded theater yells “fire!” just to generate the response. That sort of speech does not deserve protection. Fine line? Most likely yes. But in this case his purposes here are patently obvious.
I like you SO please be careful.......You sure sound alot like Carl Cameron.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-police-monitor-Fox-News-Tucker-Carlson.html

Astragalus

Poster
Founder
How can we prevent these types of attacks in the future? Guns will always exist in America. Wonder what gun crime looks like when compared to gun regulations? That is, places like Chicago have high gun regulation, yet still extremely high gun crime.

Thinking out loud it seems as if at least part of the problem is that schools are soft targets. Here in SC the governor signed a bill placing a police officer at every school. However, that probably would not have been enough to stop this shooter (or anyone else) who was intent on causing harm.

We need to think about placing fencing around every school. I saw someone on twitter who estimated that cost at about $15 billion. In addition schools could be hardened with bullet proof glass for all outward facing windows. Metal detectors and auto-locking doors for entrances.

Gun control, in my opinion, will not solve the problem. There is evil in the world and someone intent on causing harm is going to be able to do it with or without guns. The way the government has behaved during the pandemic reinforces why we need to be an armed citizenry.

To me it seems a large portion of the answer lies in hardening the security of the schools.

Also, the decay of the nuclear family and the mental health crises caused by "gender fluid" thinking is confusing the shit out of these children and causing them to be mentally unstable.

Last, stop reporting on the assholes that do this. Don't say his name or give him any attention. Any press should be focused on the victims and their suffering alone. Of course we need to find out why he did it, but keep that out of the mainstream media to avoid glorifying these mentally unstable people.

Thoughts?
All valid points, and some very good ideas. Restricting access to school grounds, hardening the schools themselves, and having armed officers at every school are common sense solutions. I’d even support allowing teachers to be armed, provided they are appropriately trained. I’m sure local law enforcement agencies would get behind training teachers to be constables, etc. The truth is that murder begins in the heart, and you can’t legislate that away. Legislators and society have repeatedly turned a blind eye to those who are clearly mentally unstable and have intent to carry out these despicable acts. Politicians constantly scream about taking guns off the street, which really means taking weapons out of the hands of law abiding citizens who would then be left defenseless. The Left’s solution is to punish the majority (responsible gun owners) for the terrible actions of a few evil individuals. How about we address the mental health crisis and moral vacuum in our society that has led to this?

Jtrain80

Legendary
Meh, ignore feature works pretty well. I see the responses but have no idea what he said.

Free speech means free speech even when you don't like it. He is a troll and his conversation is not genuine. I won't ignore anyone that makes genuine conversation even if i dont agree with him but he is a pure troll and the only person i have on ignore.

Yeah I finally put her on ignore. Hated to do it, but some trolls break my train of thought when reading serious comments.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Absolutely agee that the covid hysteria and isolation fucked some kids up. Especially those with inattentive parents.
I have a young nephew who has ADD or one of the other "alphabet" issues. He has been without any school assistance/"treatments" for over 2 years. It's obscene how these schools have neglected these children. All over a silly common cold virus. Heads should roll.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
OBiden better not visit Uvalde like he did Buffalo. Someone might ask why doesn't he go visit the border since he is so close. I doubt you'll see JJackson or Sharpton appear since the race of the victims aren't in their baileywick.

Juro

Elite
So I had a day to step back and realize what I said may have offended so e. Sorry @TJHall1. Could have sworn it was your @Rube Reaper account from the getgo due to timing of the past and how I watched you troll tMB. If it ain’t you, my bad. But fuck @Rube Reaper’s real person. It’s okay to troll, but goddam, give it a day break after kids get got shot up.

To the guy who called me a cunt, go suck a little dick.

TJHall1

Legendary
So I had a day to step back and realize what I said may have offended so e. Sorry @TJHall1. Could have sworn it was your @Rube Reaper account from the getgo due to timing of the past and how I watched you troll tMB. If it ain’t you, my bad. But fuck @Rube Reaper’s real person. It’s okay to troll, but goddam, give it a day break after kids get got shot up.

Timing of the post??? That account has been around for months you fucking moron.

grimm515

Elite
Founder
Had a discussion with my superintendent about arming school admins that are comfortable with it. He said he would discuss it with the board, perhaps with the district paying for training. I currently hold a CCL, and served in the army, but would always be open to more training.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
So I had a day to step back and realize what I said may have offended so e. Sorry TJHall. Could have sworn it was your @Rube Reaper account from the getgo due to timing of the past and how I watched you troll tMB. If it ain’t you, my bad. But fuck @Rube Reaper’s real person. It’s okay to troll, but goddam, give it a day break after kids get got shot up.

twas me. I'm not into kids penises, but I'll let ya suck on my dogs balls, mine are busy inside your wife's mouth
What do we have here?

What this all about fellas? Resolved?

REMESSIS

Poster
Founder
Those cops need to have their fucking skulls smashed in. How in the fuck do you accost and taze parents outside that school and refuse to go in, do your fucking job, and kill that bastard? Those faggits probably litter their Facebook with sheepdog memes, but when shit gets real they piss down their legs. Cowardice. Complete and utter cowardice, and I hope the shame of their actions force them all kill to themselves. But they won’t, because they have no sense of honor, they already demonstrated that. The worthless pieces of shit.

TJHall1

Legendary
Those cops need to have their fucking skulls smashed in. How in the fuck do you accost and taze parents outside that school and refuse to go in, do your fucking job, and kill that bastard? Those faggits probably litter their Facebook with sheepdog memes, but when shit gets real they piss down their legs. Cowardice. Complete and utter cowardice, and I hope the shame of their actions force them all kill to themselves. But they won’t, because they have no sense of honor, they already demonstrated that. The worthless pieces of shit.
Ya, pretty sad 19 on 1 and they waited for someone with keys instead of breaching a door. I did read there was 1 person, might have been a border patrol, who's wife was a teacher and he busted out a window from outside to help some people escape.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder

Wow, that’s amazing. For $400k it sounds like a no-brainer. It sounds like a good start.

Still would like to see it harder to breach the building initially. One entrance and exit, metal detectors, and security guard at the entrance.

Some kind of security for the playground areas also. Playgrounds seem like a soft target.

$40B to Ukraine. We should have $200B for our kids no problem.

TJHall1

Legendary
I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere, but there's a lot of smoke to it, but I read that it was a border patrol officer that killed the gunman. He drove 40 miles after being text by his wife who was a teacher, 40 MILES, and got into action before officers. What the fuck were those guys thinking?

Top Bottom