- Jan 10, 2021
Smothered Chicken/Pork chops with Mushrooms
- 4 Chicken Thighs/pork chops
- 1 Container of fresh Mushrooms. (Quartered)
- 1 Yellow Onion (Diced)
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- Chicken stock
- ¼ cup Cream or Half and Half
- Olive Oil
- Heat up 2 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp of Olive oil in a skillet.
- Salt and pepper the Chicken and brown on both sides. Remove Chicken from pan. Leaving all the oil in the pan.
- Sauté the Mushrooms until almost cooked.
- Add the Onion to the Mushrooms and sauté for about 3 min.
- Add the Flour to the pan with the Mushrooms and Onion. Constantly stir to create a roux. Cook about 2-3 min.
- Add the Cream of Mushroom soup and stir until combined and starting to simmer. Sauce will be very thick.
- Add about a cup of chicken stock at a time till sauce is at preferred thickness. Make sure to return to a simmer before next addition.
- Add Cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add reserved Chicken and juices back to the pan and cover and simmer on low for 1.5 hours. Stir every 15 minutes. Flip chicken every 30 minutes.
Serve over Rice, Mashed Potatoes, or Egg Noodles.