Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Question for y’all, my boss at work served in

Esso Club

Elite
the Afghanistan war, I believe, and has expressed to me only he had a mental breakdown, I don’t know when, and was in a psychiatric hospital for two months. Said he really lost it. What are the chances he has post traumatic stress disorder or maybe some other diagnosis? For the record I’ve self admitted myself to the same psychiatric hospital twice, the first time I was REALLY SICK, the second time a little suicidal.

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
I would think that he has PTSD. Could be something else, but this has to be the most likely reason for the breakdown.

that being said, I’m no psychiatrist. My aunt is though, and at a VA hospital so I should be qualified to make this diagnosis

CurtOFD78

Elite
I would say the chances of PTSD or PTS in general are very likely. I believe I had post traumatic stress without the disorder part from a very bad (and highly publicized) call that we had here in central Florida a little over 4 years ago. People love to downplay the role that stress plays upon a person an their mental health, but I can assure you that prior to that call I was 1) a much nicer person and fare less jaded and 2) I had a much longer fuse with stressful things. I sought out counseling and it was helpful, but quite frankly, I'm not completely done with the feelings I had/still have resulting from 21 years of seeing horrible shit while working in the fire service.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
My best friend since 4th grade was the VA Psychologist murdered at the El Paso VA Hospital several years ago. He was convinced that many of the people diagnosed with PTSD were really suffering from blast injuries to their head and neck areas. His appraisal was turning heads in the VA system when he was murdered. He did not discount PTSD but did discount that it was the "easy - go to" diagnosis and that blasts played a part in some injuries. He was having success in treating for blasts vs PTSD.

grimm515

Elite
Founder
You better make him recall his experiences to make sure it isn't stolen valor.

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
My best friend since 4th grade was the VA Psychologist murdered at the El Paso VA Hospital several years ago. He was convinced that many of the people diagnosed with PTSD were really suffering from blast injuries to their head and neck areas. His appraisal was turning heads in the VA system when he was murdered. He did not discount PTSD but did discount that it was the "easy - go to" diagnosis and that blasts played a part in some injuries. He was having success in treating for blasts vs PTSD.

I agree with this take

Peach-head

Poster

you think he was killed fir that reason?

Latest posts

Top Bottom