Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Asking For Help

Old Glory

Legendary
Founder
I do not know this family but one of my coworkers just shared this story from a school near me so I'm sharing because any little bit will help them.

April 21st Cooper was doing one of the things he loves most, playing baseball. While trying to tag the runner the two actually collided instead. What can only be described as a freak accident Cooper was knocked unconscious for about 40 minutes. Luckily, the other player walked off the field uninjured. Cooper was rushed to the ER. He suffered a traumatic brain injury along with heart and lung complications. He has had numerous scans and test repeatedly to ensure there was no further damage to his brain. He was in the PICU for 6 days and just moved into a regular room on the 28th. He will need physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy upon leaving the hospital to help the progression of recovery which may take 6 months to a year to achieve.

As we all know hospital bills can reach astronomical amounts even after insurance has paid. Please consider making a donation so Cooper’s parents Kris and Christy along with his sister Kalleigh don’t have to worry about medical bills and can put all of their focus on his recovery.

Kris and Christy would like to extend a special thank you to Dana S. the doctor at the game who rushed over to help Cooper, Coach Michael C, the entire Portland St. Pats baseball organization and their families, the Bath baseball organization and their families and the entire Bath community. They are amazed by the love and support they have received. They would also like to extend their gratitude to the amazing pediatric doctors and nurses at Sparrow Hospital especially PICU Nurse Rachael.

It would be an amazing gift of hope to help out this family, friend, neighbor, coworker, team member, or acquaintance or even someone you have yet to meet during this difficult time. Thank you.

Update Today: Good Morning, I wanted to give a update. It is with a very heavy heart I am letting everyone know that Cooper unexpectedly passed away Sunday morning at his home. I am asking for donations for the additional expenses for his funeral. I want to thank everyone for the outpouring of love and support. I ask that you continue to keep Cooper's family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
I do not know this family but one of my coworkers just shared this story from a school near me so I'm sharing because any little bit will help them.

April 21st Cooper was doing one of the things he loves most, playing baseball. While trying to tag the runner the two actually collided instead. What can only be described as a freak accident Cooper was knocked unconscious for about 40 minutes. Luckily, the other player walked off the field uninjured. Cooper was rushed to the ER. He suffered a traumatic brain injury along with heart and lung complications. He has had numerous scans and test repeatedly to ensure there was no further damage to his brain. He was in the PICU for 6 days and just moved into a regular room on the 28th. He will need physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy upon leaving the hospital to help the progression of recovery which may take 6 months to a year to achieve.

As we all know hospital bills can reach astronomical amounts even after insurance has paid. Please consider making a donation so Cooper’s parents Kris and Christy along with his sister Kalleigh don’t have to worry about medical bills and can put all of their focus on his recovery.

Kris and Christy would like to extend a special thank you to Dana S. the doctor at the game who rushed over to help Cooper, Coach Michael C, the entire Portland St. Pats baseball organization and their families, the Bath baseball organization and their families and the entire Bath community. They are amazed by the love and support they have received. They would also like to extend their gratitude to the amazing pediatric doctors and nurses at Sparrow Hospital especially PICU Nurse Rachael.

It would be an amazing gift of hope to help out this family, friend, neighbor, coworker, team member, or acquaintance or even someone you have yet to meet during this difficult time. Thank you.

Update Today: Good Morning, I wanted to give a update. It is with a very heavy heart I am letting everyone know that Cooper unexpectedly passed away Sunday morning at his home. I am asking for donations for the additional expenses for his funeral. I want to thank everyone for the outpouring of love and support. I ask that you continue to keep Cooper's family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.
How does one make a donation?

St8's Gr8

Poster
Founder
Donated

I graduated from Portland St. Patrick and just heard about this story over the weekend. What a terrible accident to happen while playing a game that he loved. I feel bad for the family having lost their son at such a young age and for the PSP kid that is going to have to live with this for a while.

Top Bottom