Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Official Nikola Tesla Thread

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Nikola Tesla (/ˈtɛslə/; Serbian Cyrillic: Никола Тесла;[2] pronounced [nǐkola têsla];[a] 10 July 1856 – 7 January 1943) was a Serbian-American[5][6][7] inventor, electrical engineer, mechanical engineer, and futurist best known for his contributions to the design of the modern alternating current (AC) electricity supply system.[8]

Born and raised in the Austrian Empire, Tesla studied engineering and physics in the 1870s without receiving a degree, gaining practical experience in the early 1880s working in telephony and at Continental Edison in the new electric power industry. In 1884 he emigrated to the United States, where he became a naturalized citizen. He worked for a short time at the Edison Machine Works in New York City before he struck out on his own. With the help of partners to finance and market his ideas, Tesla set up laboratories and companies in New York to develop a range of electrical and mechanical devices. His alternating current (AC) induction motor and related polyphase AC patents, licensed by Westinghouse Electric in 1888, earned him a considerable amount of money and became the cornerstone of the polyphase system which that company eventually marketed.

Attempting to develop inventions he could patent and market, Tesla conducted a range of experiments with mechanical oscillators/generators, electrical discharge tubes, and early X-ray imaging. He also built a wireless-controlled boat, one of the first-ever exhibited. Tesla became well known as an inventor and demonstrated his achievements to celebrities and wealthy patrons at his lab, and was noted for his showmanship at public lectures. Throughout the 1890s, Tesla pursued his ideas for wireless lighting and worldwide wireless electric power distribution in his high-voltage, high-frequency power experiments in New York and Colorado Springs. In 1893, he made pronouncements on the possibility of wireless communication with his devices. Tesla tried to put these ideas to practical use in his unfinished Wardenclyffe Tower project, an intercontinental wireless communication and power transmitter but ran out of funding before he could complete it.[9]

After Wardenclyffe, Tesla experimented with a series of inventions in the 1910s and 1920s with varying degrees of success. Having spent most of his money, Tesla lived in a series of New York hotels, leaving behind unpaid bills. He died in New York City in January 1943.[10] Tesla's work fell into relative obscurity following his death, until 1960, when the General Conference on Weights and Measures named the SI unit of magnetic flux density the tesla in his honor.[11] There has been a resurgence in popular interest in Tesla since the 1990s.[12]

MikeHunt78

Poster
Nikola Tesla (/ˈtɛslə/; Serbian Cyrillic: Никола Тесла;[2] pronounced [nǐkola têsla];[a] 10 July 1856 – 7 January 1943) was a Serbian-American[5][6][7] inventor, electrical engineer, mechanical engineer, and futurist best known for his contributions to the design of the modern alternating current (AC) electricity supply system.[8]

Born and raised in the Austrian Empire, Tesla studied engineering and physics in the 1870s without receiving a degree, gaining practical experience in the early 1880s working in telephony and at Continental Edison in the new electric power industry. In 1884 he emigrated to the United States, where he became a naturalized citizen. He worked for a short time at the Edison Machine Works in New York City before he struck out on his own. With the help of partners to finance and market his ideas, Tesla set up laboratories and companies in New York to develop a range of electrical and mechanical devices. His alternating current (AC) induction motor and related polyphase AC patents, licensed by Westinghouse Electric in 1888, earned him a considerable amount of money and became the cornerstone of the polyphase system which that company eventually marketed.

Attempting to develop inventions he could patent and market, Tesla conducted a range of experiments with mechanical oscillators/generators, electrical discharge tubes, and early X-ray imaging. He also built a wireless-controlled boat, one of the first-ever exhibited. Tesla became well known as an inventor and demonstrated his achievements to celebrities and wealthy patrons at his lab, and was noted for his showmanship at public lectures. Throughout the 1890s, Tesla pursued his ideas for wireless lighting and worldwide wireless electric power distribution in his high-voltage, high-frequency power experiments in New York and Colorado Springs. In 1893, he made pronouncements on the possibility of wireless communication with his devices. Tesla tried to put these ideas to practical use in his unfinished Wardenclyffe Tower project, an intercontinental wireless communication and power transmitter but ran out of funding before he could complete it.[9]

After Wardenclyffe, Tesla experimented with a series of inventions in the 1910s and 1920s with varying degrees of success. Having spent most of his money, Tesla lived in a series of New York hotels, leaving behind unpaid bills. He died in New York City in January 1943.[10] Tesla's work fell into relative obscurity following his death, until 1960, when the General Conference on Weights and Measures named the SI unit of magnetic flux density the tesla in his honor.[11] There has been a resurgence in popular interest in Tesla since the 1990s.[12]
David-Bowie-The-Prestige-Nikola-Tesla-2006.jpg

Cazvol

Poster
Founder
There's a lot of time given to him on the History Channel series "The Men Who Built America". He was brilliant. I read that he wouldn't mess with women because it would distract him from his work. He was a protégé of J.P. Morgan who funded a lot of his early work when he left Edison to strike out on his own.

muchandmore

Elite
Founder
OP we could dig in more if not for one J Edgar Hoover and our friends at the FBI (they aren’t our friends). Tesla had the idea of the iPhone in the 1900s. I’ve read just about every biography and autobiography on Tesla and every time I see one of those piece of shit Elon Musk cars sporting his name it makes me think: how would Tesla perceive our progress when we are using a vehicle based on his designs from like 130 years ago. That said he most likely would have cracked the earth in two or some haphazard test he performed on some new epiphany he had.
His biggest failure is that he didn’t write sh!t down because he didn’t need to. His story of being trapped against a damn blows my biscuits. I remember the story of how Westinghouse shut down one of his demonstrations because they’d be accused of witchcraft.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
OP we could dig in more if not for one J Edgar Hoover and our friends at the FBI (they aren’t our friends). Tesla had the idea of the iPhone in the 1900s. I’ve read just about every biography and autobiography on Tesla and every time I see one of those piece of shit Elon Musk cars sporting his name it makes me think: how would Tesla perceive our progress when we are using a vehicle based on his designs from like 130 years ago. That said he most likely would have cracked the earth in two or some haphazard test he performed on some new epiphany he had.
His biggest failure is that he didn’t write sh!t down because he didn’t need to. His story of being trapped against a damn blows my biscuits. I remember the story of how Westinghouse shut down one of his demonstrations because they’d be accused of witchcraft.
We’ve got a ton of EEs on this board. Nothing stopping us from starting from first principles and trying to understand something.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
I’ll post about it more some day when I’ve got the time.

Its hard to even prove that this book exists, but I own a copy:

View attachment 4533
Seems like it could go both ways. The perfect frequency for a given task would likely solve nearly anything.

Exposure to the wrong frequency.... not so much.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Seems like it could go both ways. The perfect frequency for a given task would likely solve nearly anything.

Exposure to the wrong frequency.... not so much.
Yeah. I think we are about to see a breakthrough in using RF energy for wound healing. But in the same ways that some frequencies and waveforms are beneficial, some are not.

What everyone always wants to focus on is the heating effects of very high energy waves, but there is much, much more to it.

Very low power pulsed waveforms can have very interesting effects on biological systems

America 1st

Founder
Yeah. I think we are about to see a breakthrough in using RF energy for wound healing. But in the same ways that some frequencies and waveforms are beneficial, some are not.

What everyone always wants to focus on is the heating effects of very high energy waves, but there is much, much more to it.

Very low power pulsed waveforms can have very interesting effects on biological systems
Growth and the resulting division is what you're alluding to here obviously?

Also the reverse in cases of cancers and so on?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Growth and the resulting division is what you're alluding to here obviously?

Also the reverse in cases of cancers and so on?
Edit: didn’t understand the question completely. But I haven’t seen anything on reversing cancers (however I’ve seen the inverse) but I’ve seen some studies on improving healing time on external wounds.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Lower frequencies could be used to stymie cell function, and therefore division, no?
I’m not sure how it would play out on that level. Depends on what you mean by low frequency.

I’m a bit rusty, but the waveforms that most interested me in these biological studies were very low power and in the GHz range (high frequency) with high PRF (pulse repetition frequency - lots of little tiny pulses of energy happening very fast)

I do remember there being some kind of connection with leukemia type cancers with the lower frequency stuff

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
@Croot_Overlord I may be an EE but I’m not a nerd. I’m a power system guy, we’re like the jocks of the engineering world.
RF is my specialty, but I understand things in a very strange way. I can build any type of system to create any RF waveform you could imagine. I’ve also helped in reverse engineering some very complex systems, including encryption and encoding, but can barely explain circuits 101

Long cat

Elite
@Croot_Overlord I may be an EE but I’m not a nerd. I’m a power system guy, we’re like the jocks of the engineering world.
What kind of power systems?

like I said in the other thread, Tesla is very interesting but his work is almost just above my comprehension level. You can take his concepts and work with them, but it’s just crazy to try to actually understand what is happening.

Peach-head

Poster
RF is my specialty, but I understand things in a very strange way. I can build any type of system to create any RF waveform you could imagine. I’ve also helped in reverse engineering some very complex systems, including encryption and encoding, but can barely explain circuits 101

I had a microwave eng classes that was the hardest class I ever took. I just don’t get it. Of course I barley went to it because I was so wrapped up in building a robot for senior project. It was my last class and all I needed was a D in it to graduate. I figured out that I only needed like a 20 on the final to gtfo. Never been so proud to fail a class in my life.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I had a microwave eng classes that was the hardest class I ever took. I just don’t get it. Of course I barley went to it because I was so wrapped up in building a robot for senior project. It was my last class and all I needed was a D in it to graduate. I figured out that I only needed like a 20 on the final to gtfo. Never been so proud to fail a class in my life.
Lol. The trick I figured out was just completely ignore the theory and start hooking shit together

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Wondering what ya'lls thoughts are on the 60 Ghz range and the mesh required.
60 GHz is heavily attenuated over the air, so not very useful in long range transmissions - if you look at the chart below you can see the green peak is very high at 60 GHz (meaning oxygen will take a lot of the power out of that signal). What do you mean by mesh specifically?

1615166135269.jpeg

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Wondering what ya'lls thoughts are on the 60 Ghz range and the mesh required.
Oh ok, you are talking about the 60 GHz mesh networks I assume. Like I said above, 60 GHz is not useful for long range applications but could be effective as a local wireless network.

The higher the frequency you go, the more potential bandwidth you have - meaning you can get more data packaged in the signal. It doesn’t mean you will have a faster data rate because speed in the end is going to be limited by how fast an individual processor can go

America 1st

Founder
Oh ok, you are talking about the 60 GHz mesh networks I assume. Like I said above, 60 GHz is not useful for long range applications but could be effective as a local wireless network.

The higher the frequency you go, the more potential bandwidth you have - meaning you can get more data packaged in the signal. It doesn’t mean you will have a faster data rate because speed in the end is going to be limited by how fast an individual processor can go

Rubix

Lurker
Time travel, portation, invisibility, U,F,O's, wireless etc is real not conspiracies. If its one thing i learnt is if the gouverment has you for consipracy then your gone they will have you as a protester and malevolence and you don't want that to happen, Do you? so just believe true are these things do not stay on conspiracy higher education and more sought defining what to be of these things improve your accuracy and judgement. It took me so so long to understand this so please give it time if you know how your benevolant helps you, then it is wise to be informed without the counsil of being trapped in the wrong place but in the most wrong of leaving a trace, how? just by agreement on how the ability works should you not fight it and mess around and that it because we always find something to be fooled with but you should be visioned to this through the middle. What is the difference to all of these well what happenes when you say that it is real and not a conspiracy, truly? you put it back onto the goverment and dont let the trick of becoming a protester give you a bad mark next to your name. Okay, then it is easy to understand that there is a time travel consiracy but surely it could be just time travel real thing. See!

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
I geek out over this subject. Unfortunately I only know the conspiracies. I wish I had the smarts to recreate his briefcase that powered his electric car.

He did it using parts from a local hardware store. Every home could have had one that powered everything wirelessly.

The conspiracy surrounding John Trump being one who went through the belongings government stole within hours of his death is fascinating.

The time traveling adventures of Baron Trump

The Last President

The tower being exactly where Trump tower is.

Drawing of Baron resembles Baron

It’s a crazy theory and fun to read about.

Rubix

Lurker
Morally there is no conspiracy till a person discusses what they know then the just throw someone off margin will break then the government has to guess what happens when it all make war possible war itself is the ultimate cospiracy because nothing would outline the most saddest visualisations that seem to decay morally cannot fix the nation through this verbose line of things that leaves politics open and for that someonebody out of every few find it hard to make it stop without being to political
. Securely of odds that calculate it back to the begining after something has happens to reconstruct a world affair has no refrain on so farth that has impenched a dragon on the throat at enlightenment thus it maybe rules whwere wars seem to go thinking and shrinking it fit can only speed the time up of certain involving races but who do serioussly we know in this day for that all the esteem to the client rally to ever settle for is found where ever lust has either been weave at and dove bye to all the lustor carry of decay so htat involes a number roll throughout the decades of time. I hold this a fully of which i imbelish to believe and truley choose to support of all matters hearby that seem clarity to not begoen of this un purity to found be here decay of saddening to impench farth the throats of dragon by lust holdeth any human up by the involvence to shrink the odds of vision and look forth for the nation into the esteem hath suit be by values that not astain discounted dreams in the people remain the judge by God who is best to controll you absoluteness and control what to be when it is unsolved with the state that see me there.

Rubix

Lurker
I mean that if I'm a hippocritical thinker by this, then what is bearely in this lucritive decay without shooting through the mold a bit sticking to the anxiety plane as i'm doing this and bet there ain't a thought to me given meaning already tooken to be negotiate wortwhile or somethin that could begin as taking so for as much total peeling to say it stuff that it truly is a different calculation the transistor on decay. Major tom to ground control but does every boy and girl know that issue of no bowls second in the real world these days within the sandman off springs as i when i was young do notice what i dont do is that my absolutness has not come to this day in any poorness that people give me the drift is the way that i think they are coming of Lust and there esteem wonders like that of being in a real long shop all to gether by them. Viewing coment please religous political one will be interesting finding answer.

Nikola Tesla, while followed by many naysayers out there, did change the world with his ACin duction motor. Without that, the world would not be anywhere near its current place.

While I am not an electrical engineer, or anything close, I do know why there is a difference between scientific theory and law, unlike Gen Zers.

Electrical theory, is exactly, to this day a theory. There are many circumstances where as understood electrical properties and principles are not predictable. There are many "unknown" variables to electrical energy that I think has been hidden from the public, for many reasons, most of which is $$$$$.

Some think that much of his accomplishments were bullshit, such as the resonance experiments whereas he shook a few NYC blocks. I for one do not think it is BS.

I think Tesla was on to some serious things, and for whatever reason, they are hid from the public......probably for good reason.

As i understand, the neon bulb is still the most efficient bulb, even today, and that in itself is an accomplishment.

Top Bottom