Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

****official Deer hunting thread 2023****

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I hit a doe with my car on redstone arsenal a few weeks back. Fortunately for me I just side swiped her, but still put a solid dent in my door. No damage to the front end

Unfortunately for her I was going about 30 mph and it was her head that hit the door. I don’t think I killed her, but she’s definitely permanently retarded now

I hit a doe with my car on redstone arsenal a few weeks back. Fortunately for me I just side swiped her, but still put a solid dent in my door. No damage to the front end

Unfortunately for her I was going about 30 mph and it was her head that hit the door. I don’t think I killed her, but she’s definitely permanently retarded now

d-tiger45

I run shit around here
Founder
I’ll post a pic of my door later for reference. My car is a lease, and I’m not gonna pay to fix it, so looks like I’m buying out the lease now
where do you live? Most insurance companies don’t raise your rates for damage from a deer.

Acorns. Corn, vegetation, etc. biggest around here is 160-175. Most idiots shoot them before they get more than 100lbs.
Gotcha. 200-260 are normal bucks here. I’ve seen one shot that weighed 325. Insane size.
Don’t have rifle season here tho, so that probably makes a difference too. Sneaky big boys stay alive longer munching on the high protein crops.

What are you gonna do with the meat?

d-tiger45

I run shit around here
Founder
Gotcha. 200-260 are normal bucks here. I’ve seen one shot that weighed 325. Insane size.
Don’t have rifle season here tho, so that probably makes a difference too. Sneaky big boys stay alive longer munching on the high protein crops.

What are you gonna do with the meat?
Half burger, rest cube steak. We took the back strap out and I’ll smoke them. If I get another I’ll do a shitton of jerky

Edit:: will make sausage also. 15lbs deer, 10lbs pork and season it.

Half burger, rest cube steak. We took the back strap out and I’ll smoke them. If I get another I’ll do a shitton of jerky

Edit:: will make sausage also. 15lbs deer, 10lbs pork and season it.
Deer jerky is better than any jerky.

That deer/pork *sausage sounds delicious. Put anything in with it?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom