Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Shoulder Surgery part 2

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
TLDR: shoulder surgeon pulled a marble-sized piece of bone that was floating around in my shoulder joint last week and I am healed

I had labrum and rotator cuff repair on my shoulder at the end of October 2022. I felt I had a good recovery, but in the summer of this year I felt something pop when I was doing some light-weight chest flies. Bummed me out big time.

Went back to the surgeon and he thought it was related to my biceps. Took a cortisone shot and some anti inflammatory and hoped I recovered.

A month later, popped again, pain again, started feeling better… and then happened again. I got pretty depressed about it because I felt I had been careful about returning to weights.

Finally went back to the surgeon a month ago, and we both agreed something needed to be done. Did an MRI and there was too much inflammation to see what was going on deep in my arm, but could see a “loose body” in there that was estimated to be a few mm.

Had surgery last Tuesday, and he ended up pulling a marble sized ball of bone out of my shoulder joint. It was a bone chip from previous injury that my body kept calcifying and it just kept growing.

Now I’m one week later and basically 100%. Pretty crazy. Like pulling a massive splinter out of my arm.

7F529CFF-3E3A-47F8-BEBF-25842342897A.jpeg

F2F0372D-D987-4275-A9DA-3D2D4C62CE8F.jpeg

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Yikes! I’m slated for shoulder surgery on the 29th to repair my labrum and rotator cuff. How long is your recovery?
Depends on how significant the tears are, but if either needs to be reattached, you are looking at 3 months to get back to where everyday life is normal and then another 6 months until you start feeling strong again

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I heard it's 6 weeks minimum.

Gal I know had shoulder repair. Had to wear a shoulder support that had a foam block that kept her arm slightly elevated. The PT was a bitch she said.
I had the foam block last year.

@MVTPatriot if you wake up from anesthesia with the foam pillow, you are fucked. Last week when I woke up without it I was bragging to the nurses while I was waking up

ShaolinNole

Legendary
Damn that’s crazy. I feel lucky. Over the last decade I have had partially torn rotator cuffs accompanied by frozen shoulders, one worse than the other. Both recovered without surgery, though.

Picked up one of these devices below a month or two back. I was skeptical but it is really improving my strength and range of motion on the recent one that was worse. Good luck with the recovery.

Goldhedge

Legendary
Damn that’s crazy. I feel lucky. Over the last decade I have had partially torn rotator cuffs accompanied by frozen shoulders, one worse than the other. Both recovered without surgery, though.

Picked up one of these devices below a month or two back. I was skeptical but it is really improving my strength and range of motion on the recent one that was worse. Good luck with the recovery.

How does it work?

ShaolinNole

Legendary
How does it work?
Puts centrifugal force on your should from various angles. You progressively add heavier balls to increase strength and spin it in rotations at whatever angles. They suggest 30 clockwise spins out to your side, 30 to the front etc. then counter-clockwise. Try putting a couple of socks inside a longer socks and spin it to get a sense of it. But this is a progressive system.

Latest posts

Top Bottom