Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lower Back Pain - muscular - Rules Followed

Long cat

Elite
If its truly just muscle pain, buy an e-stim physical therapy machine. Their like $40-50 these days.

You probably tore a muscle and aren't giving it enough rest to recover so it won't heal as you keep reaggravating it.

The electrical stimulation will speed up the healing process. There are tons of websites that will teach you how to do it.
I got this guy after replacing some flooring last year. It’s awesome and cheap, fixed my sore back right up.

Tens unit

But my real advice is to stop running and get a peloton or start swimming. Low impact is the way to go. I was running 5 miles three times a week before I got the peloton. Now I work out 45 min to an hour about 6 days a week. I can do more and it’s easier on my body.

I've dealt with back pain for 15 years or so. It got to be quite debilitating for a while, but I always pushed through it and tried a bunch of things without much improvement. At one point about 4-5 years ago, I went to a chiropractor who recommended that I do a series of stretching/strengthening exercises put together in a book called "Foundation".

I was skeptical at first, because I'd tried strengthening the core with ab workouts, back strengthening, etc, and nothing worked. However, after doing these particular exercises regularly for a week, my pain reduced, and flexibility increased significantly. I got to the point that I no longer needed to go get massages, take advil, go to the chiropractor, etc. Now, years later, anytime my back pain starts to come back, I do these exercises again for a few days and the pain and stiffness go away.

The exercises themselves are a little awkward and funny looking, but they really worked well for me. I know back pain can be caused by a lot of different things, and there's not one solution that fits everything, but IMO, it's definitely worth trying.

Here's the book that goes through the exercises in depth, along with explanation of why these particular exercises work. I bought it and enjoyed it.
https://www.amazon.com/Foundation-Redefine-Your-Conquer-Confidence/dp/1609611004

Here's a video showing some of the exercises (I told you they look goofy).

Hope this helps, and feel free to reply back or DM me if you have any other questions.

The lower back pain hasn't gone away. So I finally gave this video a try. Damn.That is a serious 12 minute workout. I a going to stick with it. Hopefully this will solve my issue. I will let you know. Thanks again for the detailed reply and the info.

mtsuhog85

Poster
Founder
Anyone ever have a cuboid subluxation in their foot? I ran a bunch last year and developed plantar fasciitis which I believe eventually developed into the cuboid issue.

I'm desperate for anything at this point as I've gone to a chiropractor, orthopedic surgeon, and a podiatrists. The latter gave me shots, but never fixed the problem.

Teddy Jack

Elite
I've dealt with back pain for 15 years or so. It got to be quite debilitating for a while, but I always pushed through it and tried a bunch of things without much improvement. At one point about 4-5 years ago, I went to a chiropractor who recommended that I do a series of stretching/strengthening exercises put together in a book called "Foundation".

I was skeptical at first, because I'd tried strengthening the core with ab workouts, back strengthening, etc, and nothing worked. However, after doing these particular exercises regularly for a week, my pain reduced, and flexibility increased significantly. I got to the point that I no longer needed to go get massages, take advil, go to the chiropractor, etc. Now, years later, anytime my back pain starts to come back, I do these exercises again for a few days and the pain and stiffness go away.

The exercises themselves are a little awkward and funny looking, but they really worked well for me. I know back pain can be caused by a lot of different things, and there's not one solution that fits everything, but IMO, it's definitely worth trying.

Here's the book that goes through the exercises in depth, along with explanation of why these particular exercises work. I bought it and enjoyed it.
https://www.amazon.com/Foundation-Redefine-Your-Conquer-Confidence/dp/1609611004

Here's a video showing some of the exercises (I told you they look goofy).

Hope this helps, and feel free to reply back or DM me if you have any other questions.
Just watched and tried a few of the moves along with it. Definitely will give this a shot. I think things like this are probably much more successful than people may think. Thanks for posting.

MortgageHorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Founder
I’m your age also, but trashed my back 15 years ago and can’t run :(..

look up gravity yoga and do the series for 30 days at least. Also full body massage, find a Pilates/PT place that can dry needle, take a yoga class for the view, etc.
you’ll find out what works for you.

Happy Endings help end all pain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom