Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Let’s talk about Bama relocation

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I’ve lived in North Alabama my whole life and I think it’s a great place. Cullman would be a good spot to look at - they have pretty good schools from what I remember. If your ballin you could look for property on Smith Lake - not sure how you would feel about having a primarily residence on the lake though.

I’m in Huntsville and it’s a great place to raise a family. Huntsville is blowing up right now and looks like it will continue. Ride from Huntsville to Jasper could be a bit more of a pain than from somewhere around Cullman though.

There are plenty of good areas around Birmingham (but also plenty of bad), but I can’t specify the best places right now. I’m sure some on here could give some advice though

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
At first I thought this thread was supposed to be about Bama recruiting and it was just an autocorrect

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Even if you didn’t get a house on Smith Lake, you could locate yourself in a way you could spend a lot of spring and summer days there

Thenation22

Poster
I’ve lived in North Alabama my whole life and I think it’s a great place. Cullman would be a good spot to look at - they have pretty good schools from what I remember. If your ballin you could look for property on Smith Lake - not sure how you would feel about having a primarily residence on the lake though.

I’m in Huntsville and it’s a great place to raise a family. Huntsville is blowing up right now and looks like it will continue. Ride from Huntsville to Jasper could be a bit more of a pain than from somewhere around Cullman though.

There are plenty of good areas around Birmingham (but also plenty of bad), but I can’t specify the best places right now. I’m sure some on here could give some advice though
My territory would be pretty much B’ham all the way North to the border. I can live anywhere in that area but would prefer to be near the yard. Definitely not balling, middle class as it comes

C13Moridin

Poster
Founder
I grew up just west of Bham on Hwy 78 (connects Bham to Jasper) in Forestdale and Adamsville. Had a place on Smith Lake. Gods country. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
My territory would be pretty much B’ham all the way North to the border. I can live anywhere in that area but would prefer to be near the yard. Definitely not balling, middle class as it comes
You have a lot of really good options then. You can’t go wrong with Huntsville, but it’s a little bit off the path of I65 so that would be a drawback for you. Decatur has some nice spots. Plenty of small towns you could pick from right off of 65 all along North Alabama, but also the more metro options to choose from (and everything in between) with Birmingham and Huntsville

CurtOFD78

Elite
Why in the world would you relocate to BALTIMORE of all places when you can move to cities and states in the south that 1) love America and 2) are no liberal strongholds?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
OP, I think it’s a matter of deciding what kind of community you like best for your family and then go from there. Big city, small town, good academic area, good schools for athletics, you have pretty much the entire range of options

Chris Farley

Misunderstood lurker
Founder

Lulz, anything I have ever heard about Cullman is that it’s a backwoods redneck hick town

Homewood

Elite
Founder
If you need to live just north of Bham, Gardendale isn’t bad. If you want to go north of that and get away a bit, Cullman City and Hartselle are good too. Either way, I’m assuming you will bring a pineapple for your trips to the grocery store. Good luck.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I have family in Mountain Brook, just outside B'ham. It is very nice, and not Birmingham-like at all.

MikeHunt78

Poster
Sounds like I’ll be relocating south. Had my choice between Baltimore or Birmingham. I don’t have to live in B’ham but our yard is near B’ham so I’d like to be within a few hours drive.
I’ve lived in the Vestavia/Mountain Brook area for a couple of years now and have enjoyed it. Great food scene, enough shopping to keep tits happy, and close enough to Atlanta and Nashville if you want to do something in a bigger city one weekend.

The three most popular suburbs to live in are probably Homewood, Vestavia (particularly Cahaba Heights), and Mountain Brook. With four kids, I would look at Vestavia or West Homewood if you’re looking for public schools in the suburbs. Plenty of other options available in the surrounding towns depending on what you’re looking for.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Get a place on Lake Martin, straight shot up 280 to get to Bham and you live on a fantastic lake front.

Sloppy Mexican

Elite
Founder
Welcome to bama opee. If you ever make it down to LA, holla at me for reqs. Titty pics will still be required.

Top Bottom