Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

It is a TREMENDOUS pain in the ass when you change phone numbers and don’t update all your 2fa accounts

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Always keep your old phone for 24 hours before you trade it in to switch those apps over. I tell this to clients all the time. A lot easier to setup on a new phone if you can approve the login on the old phone using wifi.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
I get that and for that reason I don’t plan on ever changing my phone number. I still have a Lubbock area code and I’ve been in DFW for 15 years now.
He's talking about the apps not phone number, most sites use Google 2fa or Microsoft 2fa.

I have like 8 of those damn things on my phone for different applications I have to access. Really need a one app fits all one.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I get that and for that reason I don’t plan on ever changing my phone number. I still have a Lubbock area code and I’ve been in DFW for 15 years now.
Fuckin huge pain in the ass. I’ve changed numbers multiple times the last few years: mostly from changing work cell phones. It was awful this time though because I have 2fa on everything

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Always keep your old phone for 24 hours before you trade it in to switch those apps over. I tell this to clients all the time. A lot easier to setup on a new phone if you can approve the login on the old phone using wifi.
I kept my old one for a month lol but was too lazy to do anything

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Fuckin huge pain in the ass. I’ve changed numbers multiple times the last few years: mostly from changing work cell phones. It was awful this time though because I have 2fa on everything
lol I have had the same cell number since 2004. Have no interest in a company phone for that reason. They just give me $50 a month stipend for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom