Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Is this a brown recluse?

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
giphy.gif

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
I found it at my parents house, my cat was trying to eat it. I've attached multiple doggy style and missionary pictures for your viewing and categorizing.

View attachment 20613View attachment 20614View attachment 20615View attachment 20616
Yes.

Now burn the house and the surrounding 10 acres to the ground. And then salt and lye the burnt remains.

If that's still not enough, go get a small nuclear warhead and make sure that thing is d-e-d. Dead.

Seriously, yes, that's a fiddleback. That's how you can tell it's a brown recluse without letting it bite you and awaiting the results of said bite. Fiddle on the back.

JerBearr

Damn, what part of the country are u in?
This is in Tennessee. Since 2008 when my parents built this home we have found many of them here, which is why I thought it was. I havent lived at this house in years, so it has been awhile since I have seen one. Wanted to confirm.

JerBearr

Yes.

Now burn the house and the surrounding 10 acres to the ground. And then salt and lye the burnt remains.

If that's still not enough, go get a small nuclear warhead and make sure that thing is d-e-d. Dead.

Seriously, yes, that's a fiddleback. That's how you can tell it's a brown recluse without letting it bite you and awaiting the results of said bite. Fiddle on the back.
This makes me squirm. I dont get scared of insects but brown recluse make me disgusted.

JerBearr

I’ve been bit by one. Get out of that house. Almost lost a leg.
Damn. Yeah theyve been in this house for years. Only find one a year I feel like. I guess this year it was me that found it. I wish my cat wasnt trying to eat it!!!

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
This is in Tennessee. Since 2008 when my parents built this home we have found many of them here, which is why I thought it was. I havent lived at this house in years, so it has been awhile since I have seen one. Wanted to confirm.
Pull back and shake out your bedding before you set one little piggy in that bed.

Same with your shoes and clothes if you leave them laying out or thrown on the floor.

I'm serious.

TheGratefulReb

Neanderthal in Chief
Founder
Theyre really fast, for spiders. Would always come across tons of them moving firewood from the stack outside. Had to meticulous pick each piece up, rotate, inspect.

Theyre still just a bug that aren't fast enough to not catch a flip flop

racernhra

Elite
Founder
I hope one crawls in your mouth tonight and lays its eggs on your uvula.

(i don't really mean that)
I’ve been bit on the waist/ass cheek and spent a couple of days in the hospital after surgery. Then weeks of going to the hospital for IV antibiotics for 1-2 hours a day. Couple of days prior the ER dr drained it by slicing and squeezing and I nearly passed out from the pain.

I can joke about it now but it was serious, painful, and miserable.

Ddub

Poster
I’ve been bit on the waist/ass cheek and spent a couple of days in the hospital after surgery. Then weeks of going to the hospital for IV antibiotics for 1-2 hours a day. Couple of days prior the ER dr drained it by slicing and squeezing and I nearly passed out from the pain.

I can joke about it now but it was serious, painful, and miserable.
That sounds awful. It's amazing how much discomfort can come from something so small.

But enough about things my ex has told me...

RHT 3

Elite
Theyre really fast, for spiders. Would always come across tons of them moving firewood from the stack outside. Had to meticulous pick each piece up, rotate, inspect.

Theyre still just a bug that aren't fast enough to not catch a flip flop

Yep. Never, ever pick shit off the ground without gloves on and without looking first.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Yes. Classic violin marking on its head. Why it's also called a violin or fiddleback spider. Be sure to shake out shoes and clothing which haven't been worn in a while. Also get your home exterminated periodically as it kills the insects they feed on. Silverfish are a preferred meal.

Never, never, never stick your hand in anything in closets or attics that you haven't opened (storage boxes) before looking.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder

Joe Kings

Legendary
Founder
Listen here you little shit, the lighting was bad and a macro lens doesn't work well in bad lighting!
You couldnt even get it center frame.
Im gonna beat your ass. Youll learn how this all works. Then buy you a wine cooler of your choice.
I understand the lighting issue. My picture taking rivals your shitty picture taking. I was accepting you to the club.

JerBearr

You couldnt even get it center frame.
Im gonna beat your ass. Youll learn how this all works. Then buy you a wine cooler of your choice.
I understand the lighting issue. My picture taking rivals your shitty picture taking. I was accepting you to the club.
Hahah yeah I definitely understand that. Though I will say that due to the lighting and the spider reflexes still moving a little bit, getting the macro to focus actually was a challenge. I did have to move the camera in all funky ways to get it to focus haha. I will definitely take a wine cooler though.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Sprat permytherin and bifen. Proem solved also kills moswuitos, ticks andfleas and thewood eater that you need a bond for
90.o for battery operated 2 gallon pump
2p for permytherin quart.25 for biferen last 2months. 1oz to 1 gallon. Pest patrol is 150.00 per application by pros
No danger to mammais but the permytherin mayem kill a cat when wet spray before a cat can just get on it or itll kill. Let area dry to let cats lie.
An .03 of permytherin is what thw use on dogs for file and ticks at walmart It is per package. Buy at horse or feed and seed

Attachments

• 20210512_155531.jpg
    20210512_155531.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210512_155511.jpg
    20210512_155511.jpg
    429.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210512_155653.jpg
    20210512_155653.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Latest posts