Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I seek a religious exemption to wearing seatbelts

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
I thought mandating seatbelts was government overreach.

I resisted the new law. I got tickets.

Now I submit, even though it is against my religion. I am now a sheep of the mother state.
Just wait to you see someone who has shot through their front window and are cut to ribbons. Just wait until you see someone ejected from a car a high speeds. I won't wear a bicycle helmet and look like a dork, but I sure as hell wear a seat belt and look smart.

I respect your right to do as you see fit.

Last edited:

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
I didn't like the law when passed but have seen a woman shoot through the driver's window and get scalped going out.

I don't like when I reach for something and the damn thing locks and keeps me from getting what I am reaching for.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
I used to hate seat belts, fell asleep driving new years eve 2004 and woke up with a broke neck in an MRI booth hearing the nurses singing happy new year. 5 year old daughter was in the backseat with her seat belt and came out with a bruise on her chest.

Leaned my lesson and started wearing it, now I cannot ride in a car without it just feels weird.

Long Cat V2.0

Legendary
Just wait to you see someone who has shot through their front window and are cut to ribbons. Just wait until you see someone ejected from a car a high speeds. I won't wear a bicycle helmet and look like a dork, but I sure as hell wear a seat belt and look smart.

I respect your right to do as you see fit.
My high school soccer coach was killed in a car accident on a 25mph road because he didn’t have in his seatbelt. Other person in the car wasn’t even injured. My car doesn’t move until everybody is wearing a seat belt.

So we should be OK with the vaccine mandate?
We all know what you were getting at. Do better.

WestcampTX

Elite
Founder
I thought mandating seatbelts was government overreach.

I resisted the new law. I got tickets.

Now I submit, even though it is against my religion. I am now a sheep of the mother state.
Wait you wear a seatbelt? I rarely if ever wear one, and have never gotten a ticket. You're doing something wrong.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Just tie selt belt wearing to insurance rates. If you wear one your rates are lower. If you say you do and aren't wearing one when you crash then the insurance co can reduce the payout the cover. Free market will cover all this shit if people would quit being nervous pussies.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
My brother was killed in a car accident not wearing his seatbelt, and had he been wearing it, he likely would have walked away...I still think seatbelt laws are bullshit. I also think not wearing them is dumb as shit, but to each his own. Matter of fact a dumbass friend of mine was thown out of a jeep in a roll over last night. He broke a bunch of bones, but is luckily alive. His choice, imo.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
I can’t wait until I no longer have to hear bitching about these damn vaccines and who has gotten them.

Top Bottom