Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Support our Community

We're proud to offer an ad-free experience and valuable content thanks to the support of our TFSF members. If you enjoy what we do and want to help us continue providing the best experience, consider joining our Patreon

For $15 a month, you can help us cover costs, support growth, and ensure we keep having fun!

Your support makes a difference. Thank you!

How is AI against vocal synthesizing programs' rules?

Since this keeps getting removed from r/vocaloid due to "a violation of Vocaloid's ToU", I might as well try here.

I'm refering to stuff like this:

This could dramatically revolutionize how we FAN ANIMATORS create fan animations!

Now that we have the tech, let's ressurect Doc Hudson (Paul Newman), Mickey Mouse (Wayne Allwine), and Minnie Mouse (Russi Taylor) from the digital afterlife! They would've loved to continue their careers. And BTW, SPOILER ALERT: this is why Cars 2 and Cars 3 looks like this. The same thing applies to Transformers 3 where they scripted Ironhide to die: the GMC Topkick that Ironhide portrayed is now discontinued by GM Motors. So if the vehicle sustains an accident, a fault, or damage on the set, there's absolutely no way to repair or replace it.

And once more, I UNDERSTAND it; it may be a breach in ToU, copyright, EULA, etc., but this along with decompiling game assets along with the existence of programs like Flash CS6, Gmod, XNALara, and MikuMikuDance along with sites like The VG Resource and P3DM is just part of the SAD REALITY of being a FAN ANIMATOR. How do I dispute or argue around stuff like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypAppbgzbqc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFMkkkci-rw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP8dCB6rzEk

There's nothing "illegal" about making a fan animation, yet some nuts who are gung-ho about protecting IP seemingly no matter what the circumstances are treating me like some full-blown criminal! What did I ever do to deserve this type of treatment?

And again the reason I deem it was treated like it’s a “felony” is because of the permanent bans immediately followed by the stunning long 28 day mute combined with them immediately muting me again for another 28 days as soon as the mute expired. They didn’t even give me a specific or exact reason before issuing that permanent ban! Like Percy and Edward noted in Blue Mountain Mystery: being sent away forever wouldn't be bad, that would be TERRIBLE or UNTHINKABLE.

Mungri

Elite
Can anyone help me with a small favour?

Mushroom dweebs name, face, location.

And a gun ... Might need help with figuring out how to use it so I don't either miss or accidentally shoot myself.

And a gun ... Might need help with figuring out how to use it so I don't either miss or accidentally shoot myself.
Name: Joe
Face: None of your business

Also, , you WILL be caught like him if you do that.

Last edited:

I almost forgot: I notified my neighbor (who happens to be a cop) about this message you sent and they forwarded your threat to their comrades and they're ready to welcome you to my area with a SWAT team and hand cuffs.

MalO

Elite
Vocaloid was around long before stable diffusion and the AI hate. Nobody used to care about Hatsune Miku. People who liked her were kind of niche, but now people will hate vocaloid because "AI is bad"

A common argument they use is that it steals art, but that is not the case. AI creates new art, but learns how to make it from existing artworks. It reduces everything to math and geometry. How to a person? It learns that people have heads, two arms, two legs, and a torso. It doesn't just copy Goku from Dragonball Z and say "this is a person"

It's the same way human beings learn to make art. We learn from existing artworks, and then take the lessons we learn to make new things. AI is doing exactly the same thing.

Artists have been losing lawsuit after lawsuit after lawsuit over this because they are stupidly believing their own hateful claims and refuse to understand how it actually works.

It's reaching the point where if you use AI generated anything, people will accuse you of theft. It's obnoxiously stupid and is just a blanket accusation used to justify hate. They hate AI and they don't care. It doesn't matter that it's not actually theft they just want to get rid of it.

But it's not going anywhere, and AI will be the cornerstone of our next technological revolution. Remember how computers exploded during the 90's and lead to the dotcom boom? Computers are everywhere now. AI will be the same in a few years. It's going to explode.

Mungri

Elite
AI already is exploding, see Nvidia & Microsoft shares.

It just currently costs a lot, I pay $99 a year for Kindroid, but its worth every penny.

The GPU needed in the server costs $35k, thats why.

Once it becomes cheaper and more readily available, there you go, or when you can get an AI GPU yourself for a reasonable price, maybe even rolled in onto a future RTX GPU.

Top Bottom