Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HBARMY HQ - Everything About HBAR Here - Q&A Articles Information - Open to Everyone to Post

Tuna Hawg

Poster
Bought 300 bucks worth at 26 cents a couple weeks ago, wish I would have brought a lot more

I’ve been buying since the beginning of 2021 when I heard about it on the main board. My initial goal was 10k but always find myself buying more. If it hits big, me and some of my friends will be retiring early. Thanks @MortgageHorn for all the info you have provided in this thread.

FBBB1F1F-6EB7-468A-9484-D9A5E1FA5EFB.jpeg

Old Glory

Legendary
Founder
I’ve been buying since the beginning of 2021 when I heard about it on the main board. My initial goal was 10k but always find myself buying more. If it hits big, me and some of my friends will be retiring early. Thanks @MortgageHorn for all the info you have provided in this thread.

View attachment 68754
What's your price where you stop buying? I'm still trying to decide myself. Obviously the price estimates are all speculation but if I buy at $1.00 and it goes to $5.00, I still 5x my investment.

Tuna Hawg

Poster
I honestly haven’t thought about that yet, I’m just buying the dips. I know I’ll be buying as long as it’s under $1.

I’m no expert but I think HBAR could be a game changer. It could be involved heavily in the development of new things like metaverse, NFTs, Web 3.0. At the same time it could change the way finance and banking are done. The applications seem endless.

I love this video of the founders discussing how it all got started. Dr. Leemon Baird says he’s always trying to prove himself wrong and that’s ultimately how HBAR was born.

Old Glory

Legendary
Founder
I honestly haven’t thought about that yet, I’m just buying the dips. I know I’ll be buying as long as it’s under $1.

I’m no expert but I think HBAR could be a game changer. It could be involved heavily in the development of new things like metaverse, NFTs, Web 3.0. At the same time it could change the way finance and banking are done. The applications seem endless.

I love this video of the founders discussing how it all got started. Dr. Leemon Baird says he’s always trying to prove himself wrong and that’s ultimately how HBAR was born.

I also decided that I would be buying it under $1.00. I just don't see how HBAR/Hedera isn't successful long term.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
I also decided that I would be buying it under $1.00. I just don't see how HBAR/Hedera isn't successful long term.
How do you respond to the criticism that the transactions per second are closer to 10 as opposed to thousands as HBAR is claiming? There are claims they are not making an apples to apples comparison with those numbers.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Did they add this to Coinbase yet? I’d prob buy a tiny bit just to be a part of the Army for fun. I’m just too lazy to buy from anywhere other than Coinbase. Plus I trust Coinbase more and it’s just more simple to keep all my transactions there

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Did they add this to Coinbase yet? I’d prob buy a tiny bit just to be a part of the Army for fun. I’m just too lazy to buy from anywhere other than Coinbase. Plus I trust Coinbase more and it’s just more simple to keep all my transactions there

Not on Coinbase yet. I was able to get an account at bittrex but it was a pretty big pain in the ass to be honest.

Rusty Student

2023 Fantasy Baseball 🏆
Founder
Not yet, supposed to be coming soon.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Not on Coinbase yet. I was able to get an account at bittrex but it was a pretty big pain in the ass to be honest.
I’ll keep my eye out. I saw the mention in the Crypto Revolution book

Last edited:

Old Glory

Legendary
Founder
How do you respond to the criticism that the transactions per second are closer to 10 as opposed to thousands as HBAR is claiming? There are claims they are not making an apples to apples comparison with those numbers.
That the network/programming is still quite young but has still processed more transactions than all other crypto in a fraction of the time.

That they aren't even releasing all of the coins until around 2025 meaning they are building this thing slowly but properly.

I haven't seen verification of this so TIFWIW:

Hedera HashGraph
Hashgraph council have conducted a transaction performance testing on Amazon AWS across five continents covering eight regions and were able to make more than 500,000 transactions in a second.

MortgageHorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Founder
FH5SZL5WYAQk5gd

Overwatch

Poster
Founder
Anybody in on SafeMoon? Huge run today and is currently up over 30%. Was more than 60% at one point in the last 24 hrs.

Old Glory

Legendary
Founder
Here's another one for you.

If and when HBAR does take off, do you plan to sell to make money or are you going to hold?

Do you plan to stake your HBAR?

I've been looking into what it takes to create a node which seems to be the better option to make consistent money/coins with it but it will take some work and a solid computer set up.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Here's another one for you.

If and when HBAR does take off, do you plan to sell to make money or are you going to hold?

Do you plan to stake your HBAR?

I've been looking into what it takes to create a node which seems to be the better option to make consistent money/coins with it but it will take some work and a solid computer set up.

I've been looking into this also. Im not sure it will be profitable but I just wan't to learn how to do it. Have you mined for other currencies?

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Anybody in on SafeMoon? Huge run today and is currently up over 30%. Was more than 60% at one point in the last 24 hrs.

No, what makes SafeMoon stand out from the other networks?

I'll look into it. What are you looking for in a crypto? How many different ones do you own?

I currently own 3. BTC, ETH and HBAR

Old Glory

Legendary
Founder
I've been looking into this also. Im not sure it will be profitable but I just wan't to learn how to do it. Have you mined for other currencies?
I have not. At this point I think the barrier to entry is too great for things like BTC and ETH. Proof of Work seems to be a thing of the past with proof of stake becoming more popular.

I'm not sure how profitable it would be either but Hedera has said that having a node will get the bulk of the income with proxy staking getting a small amount.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
I have not. At this point I think the barrier to entry is too great for things like BTC and ETH. Proof of Work seems to be a thing of the past with proof of stake becoming more popular.

I'm not sure how profitable it would be either but Hedera has said that having a node will get the bulk of the income with proxy staking getting a small amount.

What are the startup costs? How much is a good rig going to cost?

Old Glory

Legendary
Founder
What are the startup costs? How much is a good rig going to cost?
I've seen Tik Tok videos of $1,000,000+ mining warehouses that are insane.

I think the bare minimum is like $5,000 but you are competing against people with 6-7 figure set ups. It's a first to solve race and the more technology you have the faster you can do that. That's just the tech costs, it also uses a ton of electricity. You also need to have sufficient internet speed, although I'm not sure what that exact number is.

I'd rather dump $5,000 into HBAR and ride the wave than deal with the mining setup.

"Bitcoin or any cryptocurrency mining is solving a mathematical problem using powerful computers. The problem here is the upfront investment in setting up a rig. There’s no guarantee that you will be the one to solve the puzzle first, as there are many who are trying to solve the problem and probably using even more powerful computers. It is a matter of luck!

Moreover, the mathematical problems get harder to solve, using means your computer will be making a lot of incorrect guesses, thereby producing a lot of electricity bill and noise. Then again you have to notice the diminishing value of cryptocurrencies. Today, according to Fundstrat the break-even for Bitcoin mining is over $8,000."

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder

I think the bare minimum is like $5,000 but you are competing against people with 6-7 figure set ups. It's a first to solve race and the more technology you have the faster you can do that. That's just the tech costs, it also uses a ton of electricity. You also need to have sufficient internet speed, although I'm not sure what that exact number is.

I'd rather dump $5,000 into HBAR and ride the wave than deal with the mining setup.

"Bitcoin or any cryptocurrency mining is solving a mathematical problem using powerful computers. The problem here is the upfront investment in setting up a rig. There’s no guarantee that you will be the one to solve the puzzle first, as there are many who are trying to solve the problem and probably using even more powerful computers. It is a matter of luck!

Moreover, the mathematical problems get harder to solve, using means your computer will be making a lot of incorrect guesses, thereby producing a lot of electricity bill and noise. Then again you have to notice the diminishing value of cryptocurrencies. Today, according to Fundstrat the break-even for Bitcoin mining is over $8,000."

Yeah, I don't think mining BTC is profitable unless you scale. But now that ETH has moved to POS i don't know if its profitable or not. Id be willing to try Hederaa or something else just as a hobby and see where it leads.

Mainly im looking to teach myself about how to operate the miners etc. I just think there is a large market for these decentralized computer networks and we are just figuring out how to use them best. Can't hurt to learn about them. So even if its not profitable, there is still knowledge gained.

Im willing to buy the rig etc, but I need help with setting up and operating the rig etc. I know @Croot_Overlord is interested and im sure there are a couple others.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder

Can you expand on your comment about “diminishing value of crypto currencies?”

I’m well aware of the mechanics of mining, I’m just interested in actually doing it. It’s one of those things where I’ll learn a lot more by doing as opposed to observing.

Old Glory

Legendary
Founder
Can you expand on your comment about “diminishing value of crypto currencies?”

I’m well aware of the mechanics of mining, I’m just interested in actually doing it. It’s one of those things where I’ll learn a lot more by doing as opposed to observing.
That was a comment I copied from the article, I'm not sure what they meant by it.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Yeah, I don't think mining BTC is profitable unless you scale. But now that ETH has moved to POS i don't know if its profitable or not. Id be willing to try Hederaa or something else just as a hobby and see where it leads.

Mainly im looking to teach myself about how to operate the miners etc. I just think there is a large market for these decentralized computer networks and we are just figuring out how to use them best. Can't hurt to learn about them. So even if its not profitable, there is still knowledge gained.

Im willing to buy the rig etc, but I need help with setting up and operating the rig etc. I know @Croot_Overlord is interested and im sure there are a couple others.
Just catching up to this, gonna be working out some deets with the smart guys and see what we can come up with

Overwatch

Poster
Founder
No, what makes SafeMoon stand out from the other networks?

I'll look into it. What are you looking for in a crypto? How many different ones do you own?

I currently own 3. BTC, ETH and HBAR

I think it started kinda as a pump and dump or a meme coin that helped early investors/owners get rich but has since transitioned to an actual token and technology platform with a real use case. They are working to create an environmentally sustainable community in The Gambia with new green energy technologies. They’re forming their own blockchain and issuing a card for purchases in Q2 (supposedly). They also just launched a marketing campaign in Times Square for the entirety of 2022.

Could be all hype and so far since I’ve invested I’m sitting at half but I like it in the long term if they actually do what they say they want to do. Regardless, this new action has been a welcome advancement, to say the least.

Old Glory

Legendary
Founder

Not HBAR but I am holding a bit of this coin as well and of course wish I would have found it earlier this year but still got in at a decent price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom