Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Gym (Not Really) Injury Question

AgEngDawg

Legendary
I have been working hard on leg day lately. I was a little sore yesterday and had a little pain in calfs.

This morning I was backing out of the door to lock it and I put my foot done and I felt pretty intense pain on the inner side of my calf on that leg. Don't think I felt a pop.

It did subside a little, but I am limping when I walk. Do I need to go see a Doc? or just walk it off the next few days.

Old Glory

Legendary
Founder
I have been working hard on leg day lately. I was a little sore yesterday and had a little pain in calfs.

This morning I was backing out of the door to lock it and I put my foot done and I felt pretty intense pain on the inner side of my calf on that leg. Don't think I felt a pop.

It did subside a little, but I am limping when I walk. Do I need to go see a Doc? or just walk it off the next few days.
Obviously no one can tell you 100% over the internet but you may have fatigued your muscles beyond what they are used to recovering from and it's just a side effect of doing too much too quickly if you have been going really hard on them. If you can walk on it (even if just light pressure), it could be just extreme soreness and walking will help it go away faster. Immobilizing soreness or tenderness can sometimes prolong how long it takes to recover from. If it's not better in a few days then go see a doctor just to be certain.

Source. I follow lots of doctors who lift. Also I'm not a doctor and this is not medical advice.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Obviously no one can tell you 100% over the internet but you may have fatigued your muscles beyond what they are used to recovering from and it's just a side effect of doing too much too quickly if you have been going really hard on them. If you can walk on it (even if just light pressure), it could be just extreme soreness and walking will help it go away faster. Immobilizing soreness or tenderness can sometimes prolong how long it takes to recover from. If it's not better in a few days then go see a doctor just to be certain.

Source. I follow lots of doctors who lift. Also I'm not a doctor and this is not medical advice.

Gotcha. I will never back out of the front door with my gym bag and work bag in the dark again also.

As long as I will not lose my leg to some crazy thing like compartment syndrome or other shit, I am good to go.

JordanPetersHorn

I’m a Fucking Captain Dammit
Founder

Stretch it out. That’s all they will tell you to do along with taking ibuprofen if there’s no pop.

TJHall1

Legendary

tumblr_oakt2gsJHe1qel2lbo8_250.gifv

Astragalus

Poster
Founder
I’d recommend seeing a doctor. Probably a calf strain, but could be a rupture of the plantaris tendon. Less likely is an Achilles rupture. Usually a calf strain or plantaris rupture will heal fine, but might need to be rested in a walking boot, sometimes with a heel lift to unload the muscle. If it’s an Achilles rupture, they’ll most likely recommend surgery, but those can be treated non-operatively too, depending on the circumstances.

My two cents. And, yes, I’m a doctor.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Gotcha. I will never back out of the front door with my gym bag and work bag in the dark again also.

As long as I will not lose my leg to some crazy thing like compartment syndrome or other shit, I am good to go.
Thought I was gonna lose my nuts the other day. No clue what it was but I had pain in both balls, both thighs, the abdomen on both sides and the mid back all at the same time but coming and going every 20-30 mins.

Fucking awful shit.

I’d wait a few days. Signed somebody who consistently waits too king to go see a doctor.
This.

It's a way of life unfortunately.

Being raised by my grandparents with their depression era mindset really did a number on me with this topic.

The masks and Wuhan Charlie shit don't help.
Petershorn is right tho. Doctor ain't gonna do shit for you. Stretch it carefully and do heat/ice. Booze when needed.
PTs are far more helpful with this shit.

Mom is one and the difference between what a PT can tell you about muscle related injuries vs a Doc is scary.

Not shitting on our Forum docs but facts are facts.

Pediatrists are the exception on this.

Astragalus

Poster
Founder
Thought I was gonna lose my nuts the other day. No clue what it was but I had pain in both balls, both thighs, the abdomen on both sides and the mid back all at the same time but coming and going every 20-30 mins.

Fucking awful shit.

This.

It's a way of life unfortunately.

Being raised by my grandparents with their depression era mindset really did a number on me with this topic.

The masks and Wuhan Charlie shit don't help.

PTs are far more helpful with this shit.

Mom is one and the difference between what a PT can tell you about muscle related injuries vs a Doc is scary.

Not shitting on our Forum docs but facts are facts.

Pediatrists are the exception on this.
With respect, as an orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in foot and ankle/lower extremity surgery, I’d like to think I know what I’m talking about.

Top Bottom