Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Flexible Part-Time Remote Work

jaihawk

Poster
I'm a Director of Finance for a District of a Global company. Make good money, but have a lot of down time in my job due to a lot of automation that I've programmed myself (no one really knows that it's automated). I enjoy the downtime, but there's only so much COD you can play, or other things to take up the down time. I was thinking about trying to find something remote that was part-time with flexible hours, that I could earn a little extra cash to pay the kids' tuition off sooner, which in turn would eventually free up cash flow to retire earlier.

From my initial queries online, it looks like there's a lot of bullshit to sift through between scams. I was curious if anyone has come across anything that's legit.

Yes, I'm aware that most of the responses will be bullshit stuff that has nothing to do with my question or posts that try to take shots at me...

RHT 3

Elite
From my perspective it seems that the option for remote work is rapidly going away due to the end of the covid era and these corporations realizing the costs of paying so many people to do jack shit from home for so long.
I will also say I think companies are merely poaching vs recruiting and training.

Many have very specific, very precise lists of pre reqs that barely anyone has. Unless you are in that industry.

If you have 75% of what they need it's not good enough.

I also think using AI and computers to scan and reject applicants is a way to avoid any claims of harassment or discrimination or whatever. Because if you never meet a person how can you discriminate against them ?

I have honestly thought about just faking my resume' just to see what happens lol.

Vercingetorix

Poster
Paying people to do jack shit from home is cheaper than paying them to do jack shit in the office.
True. Companies can save money with remote employees working in hybrid workplaces because they pay less in rent and utilities, travel and relocation expenses, cleaning, security services, and food. Some companies can also see increases in profitability with remote and hybrid workers. Yet this is one side of the coin.

Latest posts

Top Bottom