Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Firearm recommendations

Astragalus

Poster
Founder
Sig P938. It has an extension on the magazine that fits a larger hand comfortably. Also has very nice night sights. Slick little pistol. Was my favorite 9mm. Before the boating accident...

1622506324319.jpeg

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Does anyone have thoughts on a CZ-75 SP-01 vs. the blue CZ Shadow II? Is spending the extra money worth it?

I don't have 1st hand experience, owning or shooting those particular models, just read alot about them and am kind of a gun nerd. What are you wanting this gun for? The CZ-75 platform is excellent, very comfortable, accurate, and reliable...but those are 2 different animals you are talking about. I'd absolutely love a Shadow 2 SAO for a range toy. If it was going to be my bedside gun, I'd probably go with the SP-01.

Rusty Student

2023 Fantasy Baseball 🏆
Founder
I don't have 1st hand experience, owning or shooting those particular models, just read alot about them and am kind of a gun nerd. What are you wanting this gun for? The CZ-75 platform is excellent, very comfortable, accurate, and reliable...but those are 2 different animals you are talking about. I'd absolutely love a Shadow 2 SAO for a range toy. If it was going to be my bedside gun, I'd probably go with the SP-01.
Thanks for the response. I'm going to go with a SP-01.

PleasureMoose

Legendary
Serbu Super Shorty 12gauge
Screenshot_20210930-121357_Chrome.jpg

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Serbu Super Shorty 12gauge
View attachment 50757

Don't understand how that isn't a short barreled shotgun, but who the hell can figure out the feds bullshit rules.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
The rules really are ridiculous and insanely arbitrary. Can't have too short of a barrel on a shotgun or rifle because it can be concealed too easily(16" for rifle, but 18" for shotgun), however if you also take the stock off, making it even shorter and more concealable, that is fine.

Shame you can't have a shotgun with a stock, and a 14 inch barrel for home defense...have heard it called a riot gun by cops, sounds about right. This would be quite handy in hallways, doorways, etc., also getting out of a car, for cops.

712.jpg

Mossberg-590A1-14inch-12-Gauge-Short-Barrel-Shotgun-SBS-NFA-51689_101437962_23034_BEDDCA8214B358EF.jpg

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Think I am fixing to switch from my Ruger LCP to a Kimber Micro for my CC. Coworker has one and I really like it. Will still keep my LCP in the car because it is so small and can fit in your pocket and looks like a cell phone outline.

Kimber
View attachment 5334
Ruger LCP-LM
View attachment 5335
Ended up with the Sig P365 XL instead of this kimber Micro

365xlzero-hero-web.jpg

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder
Going to a Gun shop/range here in Jax where they do everything for the CWP. said theres a 6 month wait right now.
shot the G19 this week and liked it. May look at the P365 as well.

Fansong63

Poster
This is the first pistol I ever bought around 1980 and when I carried this was it. It has never malfunctioned, is easily concealable and very accurate. I highly recommend.
HKP7M8

HK-P7-left-side.jpg

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Going to a Gun shop/range here in Jax where they do everything for the CWP. said theres a 6 month wait right now.
shot the G19 this week and liked it. May look at the P365 as well.

lol it takes 15 minutes to get a CCP in Alabama, you go to the Sheriffs office pay like $100 for 5 years and pass a background check (no felonies or pending charges) and you walk out with your CCP.

Rusty Student

2023 Fantasy Baseball 🏆
Founder
lol it takes 15 minutes to get a CCP in Alabama, you go to the Sheriffs office pay like $100 for 5 years and pass a background check (no felonies or pending charges) and you walk out with your CCP.
Is there constitutional carry in Bama?

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
You can also get a class 3 (fully auto) in a few weeks by using a gun trust instead of a class 3 personal license. You can also name other people on the Gun trust. Think of it like an LLC for a class 3 license

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
This is the first pistol I ever bought around 1980 and when I carried this was it. It has never malfunctioned, is easily concealable and very accurate. I highly recommend.
HKP7M8

HK-P7-left-side.jpg

Sick pistol, you got there. Never handled one, but a classic H&K, and from everything I've ever heard, it was one of the best compact service pistols ever made. Accurate, easy to shoot, incredibly reliable. A Glock before there was Glock.

With its low bore, fixed barrel, and large beavertail, it seems like something made today, not 40 years ago.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Did you end up getting anything OP? Also lol @ 300-500 better double that figure for a good CCW. Sig is the best on the market but kimber has a new Mako out that may knock it off the pedestal

There are plenty of good ccw guns under $500 these days IMO. I have 2- a S&W 442 and Beretta Pico. Also LCP, M&P Shield, basically every Kahr, and tons of other great ccw guns are under $500. Hell, if you shop around you can find a Hellcat or P365 (edit to add a Glock, also) for right around $500.

Last edited:

TriggerHappyJack

Random Average Guy
Founder
Wife bought me a Tristar 12 gauge semi auto to shoot clays with for Christmas. Other than that, I haven’t gotten anything new lately.
Anyone got anything amazing lately?

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Wife bought me a Tristar 12 gauge semi auto to shoot clays with for Christmas. Other than that, I haven’t gotten anything new lately.
Anyone got anything amazing lately?

Haven't bought anything amazing in a long time, but am getting ready to get a new carry gun of some sort. Trying to decide what I want, but thinking hard about a Kahr P380 for a new pocket gun. Want a Sig P365 also, maybe with a Wilson Combat grip module to go with it.

PleasureMoose

Legendary
Haven't bought anything amazing in a long time, but am getting ready to get a new carry gun of some sort. Trying to decide what I want, but thinking hard about a Kahr P380 for a new pocket gun. Want a Sig P365 also, maybe with a Wilson Combat grip module to go with it.
FN 509 Combat
1644147569112.png

I'm saving up for the FN 509 combat tactical now..pic below
1644147795687.png

Last edited:

PleasureMoose

Legendary
Looks like a nice choice. Never handled one, but looks like alot of gun in a small, but not too small package.
its right at the same length as the P365 you're looking at. I've got a 9mm Ruger compact that's why I'm looking at the FN 509 tactical

22*43*51

Boob Enthusiast
Founder
Did you end up getting anything OP? Also lol @ 300-500 better double that figure for a good CCW. Sig is the best on the market but kimber has a new Mako out that may knock it off the pedestal

Came here to post this.

They have the Mako priced pretty high. I likely will wind up with one, because you know stuff and things. But, you can get into Hellcat and Sig for less.

Top Bottom