Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fallen Heros Slide Show

croot_lord

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
If you have anyone you would like to submit for the Fallen Heros slide show who served in the military and is no longer with us, please submit their name and any accompanying information that you can provide to me or @JackOfSpeed. We will add them to the slide show to be remembered and receive the recognition that they deserve. We think it's essential to bring honor to those who have fallen in the line of duty or to make sure that everyone that has served receives recognition for helping us to be able to speak freely.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Thank you for listing my Uncle. This is much appreciated. Memorial Day is always difficult for my Mother.
Just a bit more about this man. He was reared to the "thou shalt not kill" Bible. Yet, he was extremely patriotic. He was Battalion Commander in the Corp of Cadets at Texas A&M. Trained as a USAF fighter pilot he went into Reconnaissance where his only armament was a .45 handgun. He served in the Korean War and was one of the first pilots to photograph the Yalu River, a heavily defended river separating China from NKorea, and return to base. His plane was heavily damaged. He was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross. He flew many more missions before returning back to South Texas.

He went to Tindall AFB in Florida as a flight instructor. On Memorial Day, 1953, he took a couple of student pilots on a training flight over the Gulf of Mexico. His plane got into a spin which he couldn't recover from and crashed in the Gulf.

flyerjeff

Poster
Founder
Thomas Alva Walkup Jr.

He was best friend and like an older brother to me. He was killed when his helicopter lost an engine and the other over stressed from the weight. They auto rotated but hit a dirt berm that caused the helo to flip and break up

Latest posts

Top Bottom