Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Does anyone else use chatGPT or copilot or any other LLM regularly

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I've started using ChatGPT 3.5 consistently at work and the amount of work I can accomplish has gone up exponentially. Mainly I am writing Matlab software for data analysis, but tasks that usually took me a couple of months I can get done in a couple of days now.

I don't buy the idea that AI is going to replace software engineers because you have to have at least an intermediate level of understanding of the code language you are using to get out what you want. I could see some smaller companies that special in custom software going out of business because any proprietary software they have developed over years is going to be able to be reproduced much more quickly and cheaper

I do believe we are about to take another huge leap forward in the information age.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I've started using ChatGPT 3.5 consistently at work and the amount of work I can accomplish has gone up exponentially. Mainly I am writing Matlab software for data analysis, but tasks that usually took me a couple of months I can get done in a couple of days now.

I don't bye the idea that AI is going to replace software engineers because you have to have at least an intermediate level of understanding of the code language you are using to get out what you want. I could see some smaller companies that special in custom software going out of business because any proprietary software they have developed over years is going to be able to be reproduced much more quickly and cheaper

I do believe we are about to take another huge leap forward in the information age.
I do believe AI will be bigger than the internet. Flying cars for everyone.
I don't use any of it. I'm like the guy in the 40s that thought little people were inside the TV. I'm getting a new cou in a couple weeks. Mine now is 15 years old. Maybe I'll give chatgpt a run.

My shop is shut down. Now we have started a new shop in MB across the street from our rebar plant. I don't have to work hard anymore. My family capitulated to me. They didn't want to lose the revenue. I feel reborn. All I have to do is get work and heal.

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
I don't use any of it. I'm like the guy in the 40s that thought little people were inside the TV. I'm getting a new cou in a couple weeks. Mine now is 15 years old. Maybe I'll give chatgpt a run.

My shop is shut down. Now we have started a new shop in MB across the street from our rebar plant. I don't have to work hard anymore. My family capitulated to me. They didn't want to lose the revenue. I feel reborn. All I have to do is get work and heal.
Should I start looking?

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Should I start looking?
I'm probably getting my house on market around mid-May or June. Let me sell that 1st. I'm kinda torn. I'm staying at my folks and tbh it is nice to be around them. I haven't seen them much the last 20yrs except for a couple days at a time. I may ride it out there a couple months and pack away 10k real fast. I'm not sure what I'm even going to do. My life went from almost dead to I'm happy af now in less than a month. Let's grab a beer and chat.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

Last night I had chatGPT create me a custom weightlifting program that includes a few exercises for should rehab. It gives you something, you say if you'd like it to make any adjustments and then it gives you exactly what you are looking for.

I'm not sure if I would say its going to be bigger than the internet, but its gonna be huge. Search engines in their current form will be obselete once everyone catches on. So that will mean all the billions in ad revenue the search engines generate will be gone. Bing has actually done a pretty good job integrating copilot into their UI, but you don't have to go to any search engine to get the functionality

You can ask the AI what you need to know and it will give you all the information you need. No clicking on news sites or informational sites filled with ads.

Also, glad you are feeling good man

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Last night I had chatGPT create me a custom weightlifting program that includes a few exercises for should rehab. It gives you something, you say if you'd like it to make any adjustments and then it gives you exactly what you are looking for.

I'm not sure if I would say its going to be bigger than the internet, but its gonna be huge. Search engines in their current form will be obselete once everyone catches on. So that will mean all the billions in ad revenue the search engines generate will be gone. Bing has actually done a pretty good job integrating copilot into their UI, but you don't have to go to any search engine to get the functionality

You can ask the AI what you need to know and it will give you all the information you need. No clicking on news sites or informational sites filled with ads.

Also, glad you are feeling good man
Yeah. My work functionally doesn't need AI. I do agree it will upset the apple cart.
I may be off but I forsee everything around us will be AI integrated. My 1st internet connection I paid for was in 1998. Look at how much different things ate today. I think the arch of this technology is unfathomable.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
These LLM (large language models) which are what most people call AI's, are turning information into a commodity.

Its seriously blowing my mind.

For example, you can use older versions of ChatGPT free of charge. However, Chat GPT 3.5 is newer version that provides much better output. You can use GPT 3.5 a certain amount of time every day, but at some point you will hit a limit. If you want to keep using it, you need tokens. Tokens for GPT 3.5 cost something like $0.005 cents. The more input (words) you provide to GPT, the more tokens you will use.

Now the newest version of chatGPT is GPT4. It's a huge step up from GPT five. In order to use 4 you have to pay tokens at a higher rate

As the capability of these things go up, so will the amount of tokens needed. So basically you are buying information when you purchase tokens. The cost of tokens are going to fluctuate just like the cost of oil

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Not expecting anyone to understand what I did here, but you can just follow the feedback I gave it and how this thing adjusted. Here's an example of something I did:

1713984506064.png

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
...and so on and so forth

I've probably gone back and forth with this thing 50 times the last couple of days to keep making adjustments and modifications

AgEngDawg

Legendary

I don't bye the idea that AI is going to replace software engineers because you have to have at least an intermediate level of understanding of the code language you are using to get out what you want. I could see some smaller companies that special in custom software going out of business because any proprietary software they have developed over years is going to be able to be reproduced much more quickly and cheaper

I have been using it much, much more productively that what you listed.

Prompt: Write a sea shanty proclaiming Kirby Smart the Nation's best coach.

ChatGPT:
Come gather 'round, ye faithful fans,And let me tell a tale,'Bout a coach from Georgia's land,Whose prowess will prevail.

(Chorus)Oh, Kirby Smart, the mastermind,The best that we've ever seen,With every win, his legend shines,The nation's best coach, we'll deem!

(Verse 2)From Athens town, he leads the charge,With strategy so bold,His Bulldogs fierce, they roam the field,Their story will be told.

(Chorus)Oh, Kirby Smart, the mastermind,The best that we've ever seen,With every win, his legend shines,The nation's best coach, we'll deem!

(Verse 3)Through battles fought and victories won,He guides his team with might,With Kirby at the helm, we'll rise,To claim the glory bright.

(Bridge)So raise a cheer for Kirby's name,And let the echoes ring,For Georgia's coach, the pride of all,To victory we'll cling!

(Outro)So here's to Kirby, bold and true,Long may his reign endure,For with him leading Georgia's charge,Our victory is sure!

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I have been using it much, much more productively that what you listed.

Prompt: Write a sea shanty proclaiming Kirby Smart the Nation's best coach.

ChatGPT:
Come gather 'round, ye faithful fans,And let me tell a tale,'Bout a coach from Georgia's land,Whose prowess will prevail.

(Verse 2)From Athens town, he leads the charge,With strategy so bold,His Bulldogs fierce, they roam the field,Their story will be told.

(Verse 3)Through battles fought and victories won,He guides his team with might,With Kirby at the helm, we'll rise,To claim the glory bright.

(Bridge)So raise a cheer for Kirby's name,And let the echoes ring,For Georgia's coach, the pride of all,To victory we'll cling!

(Outro)So here's to Kirby, bold and true,Long may his reign endure,For with him leading Georgia's charge,Our victory is sure!
The future is now

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Once upon a time in the bustling world of college football, there lived a renowned coach named Kirby Smart. Known for his strategic brilliance and fiery passion for the game, Kirby had a secret that few knew about—a second chin that seemed to have a mind of its own.

At first, it was just a harmless quirk, something his players and staff would joke about behind closed doors. But as time passed, Kirby's second chin began to grow, not just in size but in power and influence. It started innocently enough, offering suggestions during team meetings or whispering advice on game strategies. Kirby, unaware of the sinister intentions brewing within his own body, welcomed these thoughts, thinking them to be his own flashes of genius.

As the football seasons came and went, Kirby's second chin grew bolder. It began to assert itself more aggressively, taking control of Kirby's decisions both on and off the field. Players noticed a change in their coach—his once confident demeanor now tinged with uncertainty and hesitation. His coaching staff whispered among themselves, wondering what had gotten into their esteemed leader.

It wasn't long before Kirby's second chin revealed its true intentions. During a crucial game against a rival team, Kirby found himself unable to make critical calls. His mind seemed clouded, his thoughts muddled by a force he couldn't comprehend. It was then that his second chin manifested itself, forming into a grotesque entity with a voice that boomed across the stadium.

"I am the true master of this team," it declared, its words echoing through the crowd. "Kirby Smart is but a vessel for my brilliance!"

The players and fans watched in horror as Kirby's second chin took control of his body, manipulating him like a puppet on strings. The game spiraled out of control as the opposing team capitalized on Kirby's erratic coaching.

But just when it seemed all hope was lost, one brave player stepped forward. With a swift tackle, he brought Kirby to the ground, breaking the hold of the malevolent second chin. As Kirby regained control of his body, he looked around, bewildered by what had transpired.

From that day forward, Kirby Smart kept a close eye on his second chin, never again allowing it to gain the upper hand. The entity remained dormant, a reminder of the dangers of unchecked power and the importance of staying true to oneself.

And so, the legend of Kirby Smart's second chin became a cautionary tale in the world of football—a reminder that even the strongest among us can be vulnerable to the forces that lurk within.

Golbez

Poster
If you're enjoying 3.5 this much, 4.0 is worth the $20/mo, especially if you use it to help out with code.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
If you're enjoying 3.5 this much, 4.0 is worth the $20/mo, especially if you use it to help out with code.
I talked to a guy this afternoon that said the same. Any thoughts on what caused the leap forward?

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Lol@shiv
I'm backish not blackish because I'm not a racist Theologian dictionary like Donald Trump you dirty Di k native Nazi

Top Bottom