Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

^^they have obviously never been hit^^

^^Axel Muganwa Rudakubana-BBC tried to say he was Welsh, not enough L's^^

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

imprimis

Legendary
Founder

They know.

^^Did Garland leave out the part that our alphabet departments were aiding them? You know...diplomacy^^

^^Gee, in Philly, wonder who it could be :rolleyes:

View attachment 220281

Looks like Garland is saying, "We missed the first time and will have to get better next time...and there will be a next time."

Watch, they'll throw Trump in jail in the September sentencing to "protect him". Epstein believed the same.

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder
Man. It’s been a while. I Missed this place.
dr-evil-mike-myers.gif

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

1722601342329.png

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

^^From Ghandi to Collyard greens

As a side note, looks like it may be another tough day in the market

44Bobcats55

Elite
Founder
This all goes away when boomers stop being greedy as fuck and stop trying to net a 5 bazillion percent profit on their shit. Prove me wrong.

Price shit in the universe where people can actually fucking buy it. Make yourself a decent profit. Move on. But no - they want to sell a house they paid $100K for in 1990 for $1.7M.

This “market” can eat a fucking dick. I’m happy to see the fall from grace. and I could give 2 shits about the “industry” and the secondary impacts. Those sub-tier enablers are to blame too. Nobody should make 3% on a $700K deal. Flat rate that shit. But no, they won’t. Because they’re just as greedy as the old fucking boomer or the dead boomer’s kids…

Market gonna market tho. Pop your popcorn.
A 10% return on 100k is 1.35m over 24 years. Ttats in 1990 dollars adjusted for inflation the house should sell for 2.7m.

Mungri

Elite

Regarding this 'Democrats' worst fear' meme, I began to already notice as such many years ago.

Liberals try to keep non white people locked into their stereotypes. They affirm that non whites are dumb by ignoring skill and ability focused judgement, and just state 'ethnic = diversity quota'. They box us all into 'You must believe this, you must be in this category, you must follow an alien culture', otherwise we get called coconuts or such.

Improvement and modernisation of non whites is entirely hindered and blocked by liberal thinking.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder

Fatjack33

Poster
Founder
I’ll be the first to admit I had a privileged childhood because of how good my boomer parents had it in the primes of their careers… Becoming a non-boomer adult tho was a sobering journey.

I’ll use my parents as an example. Both born between 1945-1949. Both college educated. Both worked around 30 years and retired in their 50s. Before he passed, my dad had a pension that paid him over $100K per year. My mom has a pension that pays her over $125K a year and she’s collecting social security and Medicare.

I have no idea what their income was when they worked, but they paid $50K for their house in 1980. We had a new car every 2 years staggered (4 years per parent) for my entire childhood. My mom has “gifted” her every-4-year-car to some grandchild for the last 20 years or so.

We went on vacations to Disney world or on a cruise or on some ridiculous national journey EVERY year during our childhood.

All of my siblings and myself had our college room and board paid for by our parents. Some of us had scholarships some didn’t. The ones who didn’t had tuition covered by Mom and Dad.

My mom would get Christmas bonuses every year to the tune of $10-30K her entire career. This is in the late 80s and 90s. Think about how much shit $30K buys back then. Every fucking year she’d get something around this amount.

They paid for 4 fucking weddings. Just wrote a check like it was nothing. Cash in the bank. No financing.

They did all this shit and still were able to retire in THEIR FIFTIES… LULZ…

Growing up in the 80s was an amazing time if you had college-educated parents with good careers. My dad was an Army Officer and later a Civil Servant and my mom was a CPA. Nothing fancy - typical middle class career choices.

I’d argue this was the norm (or at least close to the norm) for two middle class working parents in the 80s and 90s. I had friends who had worse situations and I had friends who we all thought were from rich families. Most middle class folks in my generation don’t get to do that stuff for their kids or for themselves. It’s fucking brutal just trying to invest money for retirement, much less take a vacation every few years. There’s no fucking way I can just “cover” the college tuition of my kid, and I damn sure can’t afford my own house if I had to buy it again now at this point. I’m guessing I make more money per year than both my parents ever did, but adjusted for inflation I’d argue I make about the same as they did - only I can’t afford all the shit they could afford… and FWIW, I’ve been paying into social security for over 25 years! Will I even see that money?

Now those same people, if they’re alive, won’t move out of their fucking houses for less than a 1000% profit on what they paid - meanwhile they’re still enjoying some pension (that doesn’t exist for current workers) and have been enjoying it for 2-3 decades sitting on their asses…

I love my boomer parents and friends, but I respectfully disagree that they aren’t the problem. I’ll agree they’re not the entire problem…

Despite making less income than current workers, Boomers had orders of magnitude more spending power than we have and that’s not even debatable. And younger generations not only don’t have that spending power but are now having to deal with those same mother fuckers trying to become millionaires on a single real estate transaction.

The ancillary argument about spending power biases my POV and maybe I’m pulling a thin line to connect that with the whacky status quo real estate market, I’ll admit that - but I still don’t think I’m wrong about boomers and their real estate mentality. Nobody after them will ever net the profits they are currently netting. Nobody. And what makes it so frustrating is that it’s all so unnecessary. It’s just pure greed. It’s fucked.
I believe we grew up in the same time frame roughly. I was born in 79. My parents journey was very similar to yours. We also 100% agree that things are fucked. The issue I am pushing back on is that boomers not selling an asset for less than value is the problem.

I beg you to look into the amount of residential real estate that hedge funds own. My father in law bought his 6k square ft house for 250k in 2004. Upper middle class area of cherokee county ga. That house just appraised for 750k. That's not his fault or his burden to sell for less for the greater good.

If home building was less regulated and lending guidelines peeled back a little that would help. The real answer though would be to get these big hedge funds out of residential real estate and have a fair market. I have a builder in south GA that sold all 500 houses he was contracted to build sold before ever breaking ground. All bought over asking by vanguard

AbeFroman

Founder
I’ll be the first to admit I had a privileged childhood because of how good my boomer parents had it in the primes of their careers… Becoming a non-boomer adult tho was a sobering journey.

I’ll use my parents as an example. Both born between 1945-1949. Both college educated. Both worked around 30 years and retired in their 50s. Before he passed, my dad had a pension that paid him over $100K per year. My mom has a pension that pays her over $125K a year and she’s collecting social security and Medicare.

I have no idea what their income was when they worked, but they paid $50K for their house in 1980. We had a new car every 2 years staggered (4 years per parent) for my entire childhood. My mom has “gifted” her every-4-year-car to some grandchild for the last 20 years or so.

We went on vacations to Disney world or on a cruise or on some ridiculous national journey EVERY year during our childhood.

All of my siblings and myself had our college room and board paid for by our parents. Some of us had scholarships some didn’t. The ones who didn’t had tuition covered by Mom and Dad.

My mom would get Christmas bonuses every year to the tune of $10-30K her entire career. This is in the late 80s and 90s. Think about how much shit $30K buys back then. Every fucking year she’d get something around this amount.

They paid for 4 fucking weddings. Just wrote a check like it was nothing. Cash in the bank. No financing.

They did all this shit and still were able to retire in THEIR FIFTIES… LULZ…

Growing up in the 80s was an amazing time if you had college-educated parents with good careers. My dad was an Army Officer and later a Civil Servant and my mom was a CPA. Nothing fancy - typical middle class career choices.

I’d argue this was the norm (or at least close to the norm) for two middle class working parents in the 80s and 90s. I had friends who had worse situations and I had friends who we all thought were from rich families. Most middle class folks in my generation don’t get to do that stuff for their kids or for themselves. It’s fucking brutal just trying to invest money for retirement, much less take a vacation every few years. There’s no fucking way I can just “cover” the college tuition of my kid, and I damn sure can’t afford my own house if I had to buy it again now at this point. I’m guessing I make more money per year than both my parents ever did, but adjusted for inflation I’d argue I make about the same as they did - only I can’t afford all the shit they could afford… and FWIW, I’ve been paying into social security for over 25 years! Will I even see that money?

Now those same people, if they’re alive, won’t move out of their fucking houses for less than a 1000% profit on what they paid - meanwhile they’re still enjoying some pension (that doesn’t exist for current workers) and have been enjoying it for 2-3 decades sitting on their asses…

I love my boomer parents and friends, but I respectfully disagree that they aren’t the problem. I’ll agree they’re not the entire problem…

Despite making less income than current workers, Boomers had orders of magnitude more spending power than we have and that’s not even debatable. And younger generations not only don’t have that spending power but are now having to deal with those same mother fuckers trying to become millionaires on a single real estate transaction.

The ancillary argument about spending power biases my POV and maybe I’m pulling a thin line to connect that with the whacky status quo real estate market, I’ll admit that - but I still don’t think I’m wrong about boomers and their real estate mentality. Nobody after them will ever net the profits they are currently netting. Nobody. And what makes it so frustrating is that it’s all so unnecessary. It’s just pure greed. It’s fucked.
The problem isn’t capitalism, greed, or boomers. It’s fiat currency with its inherent temptation to print, subsequent inflation, and eventual catastrophic failure. The market is distorted.

MortgageHorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Founder
Ex Sniper with 33 confirmed kills breaks down the assassination attempt.

More Importantly how to put a team of 10 snipers together that could make it near 100% that you could not get to him.

BTW the PDB Podcast is right up there with Rogan and Tucker

Those are my top 3 by far.

Last edited:

CDDP

Legendary
Founder
Ex Sniper with 100 confirmed kills breaks down the assassination attempt.

More Importantly how to put a team of 10 snipers together that could make it near 100% that you could not get to him.

BTW the PDB Podcast is right up there with Rogan and Tucker

Those are my top 3 by far.

Add the Shawn Ryan Show and All-In podcast to go with Rogan, Tucker, and PBD.

Latest posts

Top Bottom