Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

Long Cat V2.0

Legendary
Something is really wrong here. Idaho is mostly conservative outside of Boise. Even so, Albertsons (includes Safeway, Vons, more brands), is one of the largest grocers in the country. For true grocers they are second only to Kroger. Albertsons is based in Boise. You can’t convince me they don’t have the influence to stand up for Idaho farmers…
I think this is pretty simple. Money can buy influence, it’s that simple. A new data center is a big economic deal, which means lots of money to buy politicians/elections. A million square foot data center is a multibillion dollar facility just inside the fence. Plus you need significant water and power infrastructure to supply the site (potentially billions more $). Plus you need people to work there which means housing development, commercial development etc. Lots of developers, contractors, engineers are getting rich. So not only does Microsoft have neverending cash supplies (relative to buying politicians), but all of those people who are also making money kick some back to elections too.

i aware of one Microsoft data center that is only being limited by water infrastructure. $250 million to increase their water supply by 10x was just deemed to expensive. Instead they are going with the 3x option which is much more reasonably priced and can be ready in a couple years instead of 6-8 years. The data center is going to use three times the water of all other users in the municipality combined. This location has a robust water supply compared to the population so it’s not the same issue as Idaho.

s-ou-thern

Legendary
Founder
I think this is pretty simple. Money can buy influence, it’s that simple. A new data center is a big economic deal, which means lots of money to buy politicians/elections. A million square foot data center is a multibillion dollar facility just inside the fence. Plus you need significant water and power infrastructure to supply the site (potentially billions more $). Plus you need people to work there which means housing development, commercial development etc. Lots of developers, contractors, engineers are getting rich. So not only does Microsoft have neverending cash supplies (relative to buying politicians), but all of those people who are also making money kick some back to elections too.

i aware of one Microsoft data center that is only being limited by water infrastructure. $250 million to increase their water supply by 10x was just deemed to expensive. Instead they are going with the 3x option which is much more reasonably priced and can be ready in a couple years instead of 6-8 years. The data center is going to use three times the water of all other users in the municipality combined. This location has a robust water supply compared to the population so it’s not the same issue as Idaho.
Don’t get me wrong. I agree money is buying influence at the expense of the voters that made Idaho what it is/was. This is just a complete sellout of an industry in order to line political packets and placate big tech.

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
Sky News Australia has turned radically pro-Trump the last two months. It's owned by Rupert Murdoch. James Murdoch is on the board of Directors of Tesla. Elon was at a meeting in LA with Rupert Murdoch and other big donors. David Sacks and the All-In guys were pushing for Tulsi Gabbard as VP. Long way of saying I think the pick is in for VP...

‘All sorts of chatter’ about former Democrat becoming Trump’s VP pick​

Hell no. We don’t need a diversity hire that will probably sell out again

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

68824044-98f0-43f1-882c-73fe874f7ba5.jpg

793e8ced-e8a5-4e21-b5f1-5d8a1c7420c3.jpg

orng_blud

Legendary
Founder
https://www.msn.com/en-us/channel/s...12af2124952a896fb078c95ea19&ei=7&sc=shoreline

Senior House Dems tell Jeffries they're privately calling for Biden to step aside​

At least four senior House Democrats told House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries on Sunday that they are calling on President Joe Biden to step down from the presidential race, according to several sources with knowledge of the discussion on the private call.

Reps. Jerry Nadler, Mark Takano, Joe Morelle and Adam Smith stated Biden should step aside and no longer continue his campaign, sources told ABC News.

This is notable — it means the top Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee, the ranking member of Veteran Affairs, the highest Democrat on the Administration Committee and the ranking member of the Armed Services Committee have privately conveyed Biden should step aside.

Rep. Don Beyer of Virginia, whose wife was a major Biden fundraiser in 2020, expressed some concerns about the president’s path forward, according to multiple sources. A spokesman posted on X that Beyer "supports President Biden and said so on this call and any reporting to the contrary is a misunderstanding of what he said and what he believes."

U.S. President Joe Biden greets supporters and volunteers during a campaign stop at a Biden-Harris campaign office in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, on July 7, 2024. (Photo by SAUL LOEB / AFP)

U.S. President Joe Biden greets supporters and volunteers during a campaign stop at a Biden-Harris campaign office in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, on July 7, 2024. (Photo by SAUL LOEB / AFP)© Saul Loeb/AFP via Getty Images
MORE: Biden countering RNC with battleground state travel
Jeffries did not express a position, according to one person on the call. That person tells ABC News the Democratic Leader said that he would engage with the caucus throughout the week, starting with these senior Democrats to solicit views on the path forward.

ABC News has reached out to reps for Beyer, Nadler, Takano, Morelle and Smith for comment.

Cletusnow

Made the run from Texarkana to Atlanta
Founder
Don’t get me wrong. I agree money is buying influence at the expense of the voters that made Idaho what it is/was. This is just a complete sellout of an industry in order to line political packets and placate big tech.
The uber rich don’t think like we do. They don’t have to throttle their actions when thinking about their families. They know as long as they play the game they won’t have to worry about meals, travel, and security. The Idaho pols that are bought and paid for, believe they are in the club now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom