Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Support our Community

We're proud to offer an ad-free experience and valuable content thanks to the support of our TFSF members. If you enjoy what we do and want to help us continue providing the best experience, consider joining our Patreon

For $15 a month, you can help us cover costs, support growth, and ensure we keep having fun!

Your support makes a difference. Thank you!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

Bama Fan In AR

Elite
Founder
So this is the true fanboy response. You're exactly the person Tucker is laughing at. C'mon, the whole point to bitcoin was anonymous transactions when it originally came out. That was it's #1 appeal. Not "decentralization". When it first came out nobody was even saying the word "decentralization". They were using it like crazy on Silk Road, which is what gave it it's initial value. That was the business spin that was later applied to it after Silk Road went down. BTC is no longer anonymous. It's traceable. At that point you may as well make it a debit card (Which they do now lol).

You know what Silk Road was run on? Tor. Guess who invented Tor? Yup, as Easy E would say, hail to the n*ggas from C I A. Every OG hacker on the internet back then knew BTC came from the same place, but at the time, it was truly anonymous, so it served it's purpose.

Saying BTC isn't "centralized" is like saying every fucking Tor exit node on the internet isn't run by the Feds, which 90% of them are. Why do you think the VPN business took off? LOL.

I mean, anyone who has done a 5 second google search on BTC knows this - https://www.wired.com/story/27-year-old-codebreaker-busted-myth-bitcoins-anonymity/

By definition, any crypto that is truly anonymous is far more "decentralized" than a traceable currency such as BTC. Use that critical thinking noggin, if you even have that ability.

Right now you're probably listening to CNN eating everything up at face value with that line of thought.

Now excuse me while I listen to some Easy E

it’s Sat and I am not going to go all in with the back and forth rebuttals (plus no energy for that, as we’re on the same side and I don’t watch CNN or Foxnews), so I’ll agree to disagree.

But..the "Bitcoin was just for Silk Road" take is not even half the story. Bitcoin’s main appeal was never just anonymity—it was decentralization from day one. The whole point was avoiding centralized banks, not just making shady deals in dark corners of the internet.

We get it, TOR’s got CIA origins, but connecting that to Bitcoin’s creation is like saying AOL and Facebook are basically the same because they both use the internet. And yeah, Bitcoin isn’t as anonymous anymore (because of 3rd party exchanges), but calling it a debit card? That’s like saying your car is useless because it has license plates.

In the Bitcoin Whitepaper, it clearly states every transaction will be public on a ledger (which is needed for trust and proof of work), however, the identity of the peer to peer owners of the transactions are completely anonymous as long as you hold your own keys. If you’re storing your BTC on a 3rd party exchange, well then you have counter party risk and have exposure to being debased.

BTC is an asset that provides a storage of wealth, as simple as that. It comes with global increasing demand, and a finite supply of 21m. It will only increase your value over time (+25% CAGR conservatively over the next 20 years), while everything else will lose value against it.

22*43*51

Boob Enthusiast
Founder
I need to know when the date of this report was.

Late 2022. When did they plant all the Haitians?
It’s got a community not on it.

Old and from Florida.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
It’s got a community not on it.

Old and from Florida.
If they keep killing animals and eating them with all the money they are being given, it won't be long before people start getting shot. One does not mess with a person's pet. Hope sanity from the authorities stops this carnage but I have my doubts. If I had pets and this happened to them, that would be no bueno.

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder

If Trump is a “dictator,” why is he pushing to dismantle executive branch agencies and reduce concentrated power in Washington?Wouldn’t that make a dictator’s job a lot more difficult?Maybe those pretending Trump is a “dictator” are projecting?

Maybe?

MortgageHorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Founder
And why the fuck is wearing that funny little hat on his head?

GXVWoNvWkAEhUOs

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
it’s Sat and I am not going to go all in with the back and forth rebuttals (plus no energy for that, as we’re on the same side and I don’t watch CNN or Foxnews), so I’ll agree to disagree.

But..the "Bitcoin was just for Silk Road" take is not even half the story. Bitcoin’s main appeal was never just anonymity—it was decentralization from day one. The whole point was avoiding centralized banks, not just making shady deals in dark corners of the internet.

We get it, TOR’s got CIA origins, but connecting that to Bitcoin’s creation is like saying AOL and Facebook are basically the same because they both use the internet. And yeah, Bitcoin isn’t as anonymous anymore (because of 3rd party exchanges), but calling it a debit card? That’s like saying your car is useless because it has license plates.

In the Bitcoin Whitepaper, it clearly states every transaction will be public on a ledger (which is needed for trust and proof of work), however, the identity of the peer to peer owners of the transactions are completely anonymous as long as you hold your own keys. If you’re storing your BTC on a 3rd party exchange, well then you have counter party risk and have exposure to being debased.

BTC is an asset that provides a storage of wealth, as simple as that. It comes with global increasing demand, and a finite supply of 21m. It will only increase your value over time (+25% CAGR conservatively over the next 20 years), while everything else will lose value against it.
I just wonder how long the central banks are going to allow this to trade without them finding a way to control it & alter it. Wars are fought and millions dead in the name of money control and i don’t see them giving up their control this easily

ShaolinNole

Legendary
I just wonder how long the central banks are going to allow this to trade without them finding a way to control it & alter it. Wars are fought and millions dead in the name of money control and i don’t see them giving up their control this easily
They've already reduced scarcity by creating ETFs, Trusts and futures through their banking partners. I've got bitcoin and about 10 other crypto coins. If the market is 100T as Plan B suggests, then we have way bigger issues worldwide, although at least I will pay off the remaining mortgages on my home and properties. But this is how they control it. Not dissimilar to how they manipulate gold through ETF's, although Bitcoin has designed scarcity and gold doesn't.

Goldhedge

Legendary

TIL about Major Wilbert “Doug” Peterson, who managed to perform the first and only air-to-space kill in history when he shot down a satellite with a F-15A fighter jet on September 13, 1985.​

1726326214492.png
On September 13, 1985, at 12:42 p.m., Major Wilbert “Doug” Pearson pushed the “pickle button” in the cockpit of his F-15A, launching a missile high over the Pacific Ocean. He was in a steep vertical climb, flying at just under Mach 1, and was at 36,000 feet. The missile roared toward its target, the Solwind P78-1 satellite moving at 17,500 mph, almost 300 miles above Pearson’s aircraft. As the missile disappeared from view, all Pearson could do was wait—he wouldn’t be able to see if it had hit the target. But his friend Scott in the control room would know. They worked out a code so Pearson could find out when he radioed Scott after the launch.

The rest of the story:

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

Latest posts

Top Bottom