Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Support our Community

We're proud to offer an ad-free experience and valuable content thanks to the support of our TFSF members. If you enjoy what we do and want to help us continue providing the best experience, consider joining our Patreon

For $15 a month, you can help us cover costs, support growth, and ensure we keep having fun!

Your support makes a difference. Thank you!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

MortgageHorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Founder
F-Xd5mgbgAASFt1

The House passed a GOP-led resolution on Tuesday to censure Rep. Rashida Tlaib over comments critical of Israel and in support of Palestinians amid Israel’s war against Hamas.

The move amounts to a rare and significant rebuke of the Michigan Democrat, who is the first Palestinian-American woman to serve in Congress. The vote was 234 to 188 with four Republicans voting against and 22 Democrats voting in support of the censure resolution.

The resolution, which was introduced by Georgia GOP Rep. Rich McCormick, advanced earlier in the day after a Democratic-led effort to block the measure failed.

Tlaib has defended herself against the censure attempts, arguing that they are an effort to silence her and saying that her “colleagues have resorted to distorting my positions in resolutions filled with obvious lies.”

Following the vote to advance the censure resolution, Tlaib delivered an emotional speech on the House floor and argued that her criticism of the Israeli government should not be conflated with antisemitism.

“It is important to separate people and governments. No government is beyond criticism. The idea that criticizing the government of Israel is antisemitic sets a very dangerous precedent, and it’s been used to silence diverse voices speaking up for human rights across our nation,” she said.

She grew emotional and had trouble speaking after she said, “I can’t believe I have to say this, but Palestinian people are not disposable.”

In August, Ohio voters defeated a measure that would have raised the threshold for passage of ballot initiatives to change the state constitution from a simple majority to 60%. The measure was viewed as an attempt to block the abortion rights amendment, and its failure was seen as a sign that the fall amendment would pass.

According to preliminary results of CNN’s Ohio exit poll, roughly 6 in 10 voters who turned out for Tuesday’s election expressed negative feelings about the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade. About 3 in 10 said abortion should be legal in all cases and about a third said that it should be legal in most cases.

StevenGlansberg

Elite
Founder
While I’d never rule out a 2020 style cheat of solely rigging the top of the ticket…here in Kentucky people actually buy Andy’s aww shucks good ol boy act. He’s a “nice guy” so people couldn’t care less that he had KSP out there getting the plate numbers of the non compliant attending church services during the plandemic. Cameron loss doesn’t surprise me

Joe Kings

Legendary
Founder

Latest posts

Top Bottom