Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

Jayhacker

Legendary
Founder
A missionary to Mexico my church supports was speaking at my church a few years ago, and he said that he was in Mexico City, and he met Salma Hayek at breakfast in the hotel restaurant. He said something like at 5:30 in the morning with no makeup, she looked worse than most of the roads in Mexico.
Can't imagine what the trashians look like crawling out of bed.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Great stuff. I wish him luck. I'm always interested to hear recruiting process stories. It's a nasty, tough process. Sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders and is thinking things through well.
It was easier for Max. His older sister went D1, so he watched and learned. He knew he could take his time. Any coach that pressured him to commit on the spot? No. He knew he had time. If they wanted him last March (and pay any real attention to him) they’ll want him now. If they don’t? No loss.

The hardest part? (And I promise I’m not purposefully bragging) making the final decision he is truly done with football. (He is) He is still getting coaches trying to get him for football, this late. He has had so many football coaches coming hard after him. MY email is still blowing up. I can only guess what his looks like. I know he’s really done and he’s politely responded to them that he’s playing lacrosse, but thank you for the interest. It’s d1,2 and 3.

We had a long talk last week. One school, both the football and lacrosse coaches want him. Theoretically, he could play both. (It was a discussion…coaches, my husband and Max) We told him to make sure. He doesn’t have to play anything, but we want him to have no ‘what if’ regrets. If he thinks there might be a chance he wants to play fb, call the coach. He took a couple of days and said he’s done. As much as he loves the game, it’s just not what he wants. It’s all lacrosse. And he called the coach to tell him personally and thank him.

He’s had other interest from other schools just for football. D1, but not Ohio State or Texas d1 (that would be a game changer. (but not Michigan😂😂😂😂) . Not going to happen unless he wants to try to walk on. He does not) But still fbs. No interest. He made his decision. He figured out he wants a smaller school with a really good lax program and what he’s looking for as far as education, contacts, and opportunity and a life. He’s planning on double majoring in business and sports management.

I’ve got a really good idea where he’s going to go. And I’m thrilled for him. (Either of his top 2 will be perfect) He’s making his decision this week.

Last edited:

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
It was easier for Max. His older sister went D1, so he watched and learned. He knew he could take his time. Any coach that pressured him to commit on the spot? No. He knew he had time.

The hardest part? (And I promise I’m not purposefully bragging) making the final decision he is truly done with football. (He is) He is still getting coaches trying to get him for football, this late. He has had so many football coaches coming hard after him. MY email is still blowing up. I can only guess what his looks like. I know he’s really done and he’s politely responded to them that he’s playing lacrosse, but thank you for the interest. It’s d1,2 and 3.

We had a long talk last week. One school, both the football and lacrosse coaches want him. Theoretically, he could play both. (It was a discussion…coaches, my husband and Max) We told him to make sure. He doesn’t have to play anything, but we want him to have no ‘what if’ regrets. If he thinks there might be a chance he wants to play fb, call the coach. He took a couple of days and said he’s done. As much as he loves the game, it’s just not what he wants. It’s all lacrosse. And he called the coach to tell him personally and thank him.

He’s had other interest from other schools just for football. D1, but not Ohio State or Texas d1 (that would be a game changer. (but not Michigan😂😂😂😂) . Not going to happen unless he wants to try to walk on. He does not) But still fbs. No interest. He made his decision. He figured out he wants a smaller school with a really good lax program and what he’s looking for as far as education, contacts, and opportunity and a life. He’s planning on double majoring in business and sports management.

I’ve got a really good idea where he’s going to go. And I’m thrilled for him. (Either of his top 2 will be perfect) He’s making his decision this week.
One of my buddies kid just got a really good scholly to play Xbox in college. He does Halo or Call of Duty tournaments that are sanctioned by the ncaa. Dude made over $10000 his first year of college. He told me they get to keep any prize money they make at these tournaments. We were laffing at the absurdity of it. He turned down a baseball scholly here in KY to play xbox somewhere out west. LOL.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
One of my buddies kid just got a really good scholly to play Xbox in college. He does Halo or Call of Duty tournaments that are sanctioned by the ncaa. Dude made over $10000 his first year of college. He told me they get to keep any prize money they make at these tournaments. We were laffing at the absurdity of it. He turned down a baseball scholly here in KY to play xbox somewhere out west. LOL.
Crazy enough, it’s not absurd at all.

Think military, IC.

What does the very near future of warfare look like? Who better than a a generation of kids who can master the game?

I know it seems ridiculous for the casual player, but anyone who is serious and skilled enough as your friend’s kid? He’s already on the radar of who they want and need. And if we’re honest, we all need him.

As long as he uses his powers for good. 😂

***The discussion of did we raise a generation of kids who are so detached from reality that real war is just a video game is another topic that bleeds into so many others. ****

Top Bottom