Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

catfishpunter

Elite
Founder
That twitter account is nuts, but in this case, I'm sure it's right.

GWB had the all star team of "let's start a war", Jim Baker, Dick Cheney, Don Rumsfeld, Bob Gates.

I'll never forget the course I took at The University of Texas right after 9/11. I just happened to be signed up for a class on US/Middle East foreign policy to fulfill a social studies requirement for my degree. Our class was packed with tons of students auditing it, all trying to make some sense out of our "new world" and the "war on terror."

Our professor lived in the ME for a million years, and was the president of a university in Beirut during the 80s. He had been around the block.

He was very pragmatic and clear in this teaching. He told us one thing in particular that has always stuck with me. I'll paraphrase below. He said this in the early Spring of 2002:

"Now, you all need to pay attention. I'm going to tell you exactly what's going to happen over the next year. Watch and see. You'll start to see reports in the news media that Saddam and Bin Ladin planned this together, that they were co-conspirators, and that Saddam is planning even bigger attacks on the US. None of this is true. Saddam and Bin Ladin abhor one another. If you put them in a room together, they'd try and kill each other the moment they had the chance. Get ready for stories to be created as a reason to send us to war with Iraq."

Of course, everything played out exactly as our professor predicted.

FreeMiner

Legendary
Assaults on officers enforcing vaccination occurred, and riots periodically broke out. This quote 1874 quote from Emeritus Professor F. W. Newman encapsulates the mood of the time: “Decorous and admissible language fails me, in alluding to that which might have seemed incredible thirty years ago—the commanding of vaccination on a second child of a family, when vaccination has killed the first; and then sending the father to prison for refusal.

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

d856c259-0131-4859-b106-30ecd2647877.jpg

9b33b395-21ee-4c8b-98a6-5a6b89c89a6b.jpeg

1dc97d08-d211-48e2-8e01-ff0911b358c9.jpg

MortgageHorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Founder
It’s called “opening the door” and you should never do it for your opponent . . . knowingly or unknowingly.

Here's the Deal "Team Hillary" Are All "Intellectuals" "Bureaucrats" "Academics" That Think They Are Above It All - They Don't Understand How The Real World or a Real Trial Works

As Q Said They Will Bring Their Own Downfall

MortgageHorn

Founder
FTTN7SQWUAIDf2N

MortgageHorn

Founder
Now that's one I can't remember. He was a pretty old guy when I took his course, at least in my 21 year old mind.

Had to Be Him I Took Same Course - Dude Knew The Middle East Like the Back of His Hand

In Your Class Did He Teach About the 2 Different Sects of Islam Sunni and Shiah

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

catfishpunter

Elite
Founder
Had to Be Him I Took Same Course - Dude Knew The Middle East Like the Back of His Hand

In Your Class Did He Teach About the 2 Different Sects of Islam Sunni and Shiah

Yeah, he did. He was fantastic. It was the first course I had taken on that region. He went into historical US foreign policy, even going all the way back to Operation Ajax.

TTUcamper

Elite
If 80-90% of the people who got the Polio Vaxxes had come down with Polio afterwards, the outcry would have been of epic proportions. That's what has happened with Wuhan Jabs.

Polio vaxxes actually didn't make much of a difference. What really helped is when they stopped spraying ddt everywhere. Magically polio went away after that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom