Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Buc - eeees

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Yessir I do. Drive through on my way to the hunting camp. I’ll have to drop some brisket off on my way down this winter. I’ll have to get @tiderollsonu address as well since it seem good brisket is hard to come by in those parts
Lol no we have lots of good bbq but for a interstate gas station theirs is pretty damn good. Sauce is mediocre though.

Also you'd have to go a lot further south to find me.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
If we’re judging brisket in the gas station category, Rudy’s is the champion. It’s not debatable.

I don’t even consider Buc-ees a brisket source. It’s a place to shit and get a taco. If you need gas you can get that, too.

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
Brisket sammich was better than I expected for gas station BBQ. We stopped last year on the way home from Myrtle beach at the one in Ga. People are right that if you want it, they probably have it. We fucked around and dropped a hundred without really trying.

They have on in Richmond KY, and are building one 2 more in the state.

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder
If we’re judging brisket in the gas station category, Rudy’s is the champion. It’s not debatable.

I don’t even consider Buc-ees a brisket source. It’s a place to shit and get a taco. If you need gas you can get that, too.
Gas Stations BBQ Champ = BBQ 65 in the Shell Station on Pineapple Hiway in Greenville AL.

Lol no we have lots of good bbq but for a interstate gas station theirs is pretty damn good. Sauce is mediocre though.

Also you'd have to go a lot further south to find me.

I’ll have to Vac seal and ship. May be a good trial run for me. I’ve thought about shipping within 100-200 mi but never knew how it would hold up. You may have to be a test experiment.

You my friend are correct about Rudy’s. My wife is from Baton Rouge and went to UT Austin for graduate school. Always has to hear about Rudy’s, and it was very good. She used to give me shit the first few years in TN. She would always say you’re stuff is good but it’s not Rudy’s good.

Side note... Went to Albuquerque, asked about local food, and more than one suggested Rudy's. When I told them we have Rudy's at home, they were shocked to learn it was a chain.

To bring this back to buceees discussion... I once wore a different buceees t shirt to work every day for a week.

fliptide

Elite
Founder
Clean bathrooms
over rated BBQ
I prefer the club melt sandwich or spicy signature burrito. Boudin kolache is good as well.
If you have kids, grilled cheese with tots or fries (depends on location) if pretty good (add bacon) and cheap.
fresh apple pie
They have Gatorade at the soda fountain machine. After a long day working outside, can get a giant 44 oz (guessing) fountain Gatorade for $0.99.
20# ice has gone up to $1.99, still usually cheapest around by far.
They do get stupid busy, so busy in fact, that there are some I won't stop at unless forced to. Looking at you Luling, TX.........

Food quality can vary greatly between locations.

Clean bathrooms
over rated BBQ
I prefer the club melt sandwich or spicy signature burrito. Boudin kolache is good as well.
If you have kids, grilled cheese with tots or fries (depends on location) if pretty good (add bacon) and cheap.
fresh apple pie
They have Gatorade at the soda fountain machine. After a long day working outside, can get a giant 44 oz (guessing) fountain Gatorade for $0.99.
They do get stupid busy, so busy in fact, that there are some I won't stop at unless forced to. Looking at you Luling, TX.........

I had that club melt and it was the best of the sandwiches

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Clean bathrooms
over rated BBQ
fresh apple pie

Agreed. We always bypass the Luling location and the New Braunfels location due to traffic. The Katy and Bastrop locations are close to being added to the do not stop list but the parking lot and feeder road design seem to be able to handle the traffic. So far.

I will also add that the banana pudding at Buc-ees is on point and the coffee is always fresh and solid.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Agreed. We always bypass the Luling location and the New Braunfels location due to traffic. The Katy and Bastrop locations are close to being added to the do not stop list but the parking lot and feeder road design seem to be able to handle the traffic. So far.

I will also add that the banana pudding at Buc-ees is on point and the coffee is always fresh and solid.
Fuck yeah see this is the kinda info I was hoping for. Now I just have to get them to build one near me. Apparently there are 2 in all of GA. FML. So I am going to continue to live vicariously through you guys!!

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Fuck yeah see this is the kinda info I was hoping for. Now I just have to get them to build one near me. Apparently there are 2 in all of GA. FML. So I am going to continue to live vicariously through you guys!!

One of my best friends is pretty close with Beaver, the founder/owner. Let me ask him about SE development plans and see if I can get any inside scoop.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
One of my best friends is pretty close with Beaver, the founder/owner. Let me ask him about SE development plans and see if I can get any inside scoop.
My Man!!!

giphy.gif

fliptide

Elite
Founder
Felt the need to add as it drives me crazy. Be prepared to deal with blocked pumps. They may have 100 pumps, but if busy half of them or more are going to be blocked with unattended cars. Folks pump gas then go inside for half hour and too lazy to find a parking spot.

HurricaneBlaze

Elite
Founder
Just stopped at the Warner Robbins location Wednesday b/c of this thread. I was very impressed with it. Definitely took a shit. Grabbed a coffee (house blend) and their version of vanilla wafers (hint of salt to bring out the sweetness).
I'm going to be stopping at the 2 locations on the east coast of Florida on my way back north.
I'll probably do the brisket at the first so that I can unleash fury at the second stop.

I'm a fan of Buc-cees and have not stop talking about it. I'm going to dial it back a bit.

Thanks TFSF

Top Bottom