Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Support our Community

We're proud to offer an ad-free experience and valuable content thanks to the support of our TFSF members. If you enjoy what we do and want to help us continue providing the best experience, consider joining our Patreon

For $15 a month, you can help us cover costs, support growth, and ensure we keep having fun!

Your support makes a difference. Thank you!

Bloodborne and Dark Souls fans -New vidya game: Elden Ring

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Didn't look that appealing to me, though it appears I'm alone in that regard. Dodge 50 times, hit. Dodge 20 more times, hit. Repeat sequence another 15 times and giant monster finally dies.
Nah, much more to it. Bosses can be somewhat like that, but all the regular mobs are just a few hits. Lots of ways you can fight to.

You can some spirits and things to help fight too

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Didn't look that appealing to me, though it appears I'm alone in that regard. Dodge 50 times, hit. Dodge 20 more times, hit. Repeat sequence another 15 times and giant monster finally dies.
I guess it’s got the challenging souls combat, but this one is massive open world

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Been trying to decide between this and Horizon Forbidden West for the ps5. Been playing FF7 remake the last month or so have to close to the end of it. Never played the other games from this line

Last edited:

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Been trying to decide between this and Horizon Forbidden West for the ps5. Been playing FF7 remake the last month or so have to close to the end of it.
FF7 original is my favorite game ever. I played the remake some but lost interest before I finished.

If you ever played bloodborne or souls and enjoyed them this is the game to get

If you never played those games, this is still the game to get.

We can exchange e bro tips

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
We can exchange e bro tips

16363931.gif

khael-hawk

One of the Main Maniacs for Sure
Founder
What level are you guys? I just hit 40. This game has been consuming me
Amazing game. Been playing it since about 30 min after it opened. I have it on Steam. Level 31, but not really trying to level. I tend more to buy up stuff off vendors because I hate going around to vendors later on for stuff I wish I had bought earlier.

Long Cat V2.0

Legendary
I want to get the game but I know my 11 year old will take over the game, playststion and tv if I do. He easily put 1000 hours on breath of the wild and ocarina of time as an 8-9 year old.id love to play it myself but I just don’t have the time for a game like that.

Did I read you can play it multiplayer too?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I want to get the game but I know my 11 year old will take over the game, playststion and tv if I do. He easily put 1000 hours on breath of the wild and ocarina of time as an 8-9 year old.id love to play it myself but I just don’t have the time for a game like that.

Did I read you can play it multiplayer too?
Multiplayer doesn’t work the same way in this game though. Definitely can’t play on the same console and generally it’s only for boss fights.

Here was my solution:

5919C0F7-EA82-4C59-8F5F-EE992A8629C2.jpeg

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Amazing game. Been playing it since about 30 min after it opened. I have it on Steam. Level 31, but not really trying to level. I tend more to buy up stuff off vendors because I hate going around to vendors later on for stuff I wish I had bought earlier.
I’ve been playing on Xbox. I love the souls games and this is the best game (at least up to this point, for me) that I have played since Skyrim initial release

Im trying to gear up to take out the second castle because I want to respec. I wasted a lot of stat points early on, but I made up a build I really like that is really good. (Blood ash of war sword in the left, and reduvia dagger in the right). Pretty unique setup because they both scale with arcane and you don’t need strength or dex

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
@Croot_Overlord not really digging this game, have tried 3 big fights and get wrecked every time. Played it for 303 minutes and ready to quit. Picked Mage but now thinking I need to quit and start over with another class.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
@Croot_Overlord not really digging this game, have tried 3 big fights and get wrecked every time. Played it for 303 minutes and ready to quit. Picked Mage but now thinking I need to quit and start over with another class.
(Thought I had responded earlier but never pushed send)

Which bosses did you fight or are trying to fight? Have you played the Souls games before?

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
(Thought I had responded earlier but never pushed send)

Which bosses did you fight or are trying to fight? Have you played the Souls games before?

Honestly have no idea, when I came out of the starting area there was an asshole on a horse that killed me then I had to sneak around him went into two caves and both had mist you walk through and a boss that just wrecked me.

And no I have not played a souls game b4

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Honestly have no idea, when I came out of the starting area there was an asshole on a horse that killed me then I had to sneak around him went into two caves and both had mist you walk through and a boss that just wrecked me.

And no I have not played a souls game b4
Yeah you don’t want to mess with the guy on the horse.

Since you haven’t played a souls game before there is going to be a bit of a learning curve, but once you get it, they are so fun

I’m taking a quick pre meeting shit, but I’ll send you a short walkthrough to get you going a little better.

I can’t remember the starting classes, but if you started as the one with the staff, you are mostly going to spam glintstone pebble to kill shit

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

^ This is a pretty good starting walkthrough

But the main thing you need to do is find the Site of Grace next to the Gatefront Ruins. Once you rest there, you will get a horse that makes things much easier for getting around

1646859389991.png

The yellow dot that I drew the first line from is the site of grace where you start after clearing the tutorial. Just think of sites of grace as checkpoints and you can fast travel between them

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder

But the main thing you need to do is find the Site of Grace next to the Gatefront Ruins. Once you rest there, you will get a horse that makes things much easier for getting around

View attachment 84540

The yellow dot that I drew the first line from is the site of grace where you start after clearing the tutorial. Just think of sites of grace as checkpoints and you can fast travel between them
not even sure what all teh items are I found, got some dead fingers and bought an eye glass

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
All of the souls games including this one require determination to excel. You will die a LOT. The question is will you learn anything from the encounter to make you better the next time.
Yeah dying is just part of it. Finding a few sites of grace will help you a lot

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Once you find the site of grace next to the gate front ruins, just sit there and fight the troops around there for a bit to level up and get better at playing

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder

View attachment 84540

wtf you sent me into a camp of knights that just wrecked my ass

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
A lady will pop up at the site of grace and give you a horse and take you to a place called the round table hold

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Go back to the church of elleh site of grace and talk to one of the NPCs there and tell them you have your horse and they will give you a bell that lets you summon things for big fights. He will also give you a wolf summon

You can get another summon here:

The first arrow is pointing to the gatefront ruins site of grace. Make your way north east to the site of grace circled here. There is a big dude right when you go through the big gate, but just run past him for now. At the Stormhill shack site of grace, there is a lady in the shack there and if you keep talking to her until you exhaust her dialogue options she will give you a jellyfish summon that can't help tank some bigger fights (it sucks down the line, but good for the first several boss fights)

1647017494634.png

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Once you get the jellyfish you need to get to the next site of grace I circled in red. There is kind of a barricade and I guy on this huge arrow launcher, but just blast past them. Might take a few tries to get through. Once you get through there is a tunnel with a site of grace in an alcove on the left. Stay there and then you can start coming behind the enemies in the barricade and cheap shotting them to get some levels (the reset each time you rest and they are facing the other way.

1647018123701.png

On the opposite side of the site of grace is the first big boss you face. Get some levels and then before you go in there is a shiny thing written on the floor. Read that thing and it will summon a person to fight with you. Once you get in the boss arena you can summon the jellyfish too. Just stay back as much as you can and pop him with pebble and then run until he aggros one of the summons again.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
It's prob going to be tough to beat the boss, but you will get him eventually. Once you get to that point you will be in good shape and can really start to settle in.

After you kill that boss you will want to make your way back east and just explore all this area. This map below does a really good job showing which areas to work as you level. Grind those guys for a while that you can sneak up behind, then try the boss and then if its too much go grind some more then try again

After you kill that boss you don't want to progress any further west until you are leveled in your mid 30s, so just explore all the starting areas and find shit and kill shit, etc

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
If you happen to make it this far I think you will have really started to settle in the groove and start to enjoy it. If not, I guess its not for everyone, but I think it will pay off a ton in enjoyment if you can get this far

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Could you compare it to Red Dead redemption?
Never played red dead redemption, but obviously different thematically (western theme verses dark fantasy)

I would imagine the combat is going to play much different because it’s more melee, skill based and no fast paced shooting.

You improve your character by leveling up and also upgrading weapons in elden ring. There are lots of different builds and play styles you can be effective with

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Could you compare it to Red Dead redemption?
Nothing like rdr, I love that game and it's is a lot more linear progression. Not a fan of this game so far not gonna lie but willing to keep with it to see if it gets better.

They need to at least make it somewhat progressive in action instead of dropping you in front of a bunch of unwinnable fights imo

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Nothing like rdr, I love that game and it's is a lot more linear progression. Not a fan of this game so far not gonna lie but willing to keep with it to see if it gets better.

They need to at least make it somewhat progressive in action instead of dropping you in front of a bunch of unwinnable fights imo
In the end it comes down to this: git gud

Latest posts

Top Bottom