Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BATMAN

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
True.
Never watched those twilight movies, and I reckon Pattinson played a reasonably solid character in that lighthouse movie alongside Willem Dafoe.
This probably ruins it for me a little, had a daughter that was that age so I got drug to them, my dog is named Bella for gods sake. She is 12 years old (dog not daughter)

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
Best Riddler to ever hit the big screen. It actually showed how genius and maniacle he is. The map with the lights where explosives were was right out of the game but explosives rather than frequency jammers.

Penguin was good, believable.

Cat woman was good

The fighting style was straight out of the video game as was the crime scene investigation.

May be my favorite batmobile.

Bale is by far still the best Bruce Wayne. Not sure Pattinson can really grow into outdoing it.

Thomas and Martha Wayne, that plot twist was pretty awesome.

This is overall the best Batman to hit the big screen imo. The rookie mistakes, anger, psychological challenges etc were great.

I was a little disappointed they offed Falcone

The Joker intro has me excited about the second one. Especially with him and Riddler becoming “friends.”

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Best Riddler to ever hit the big screen. It actually showed how genius and maniacle he is. The map with the lights where explosives were was right out of the game but explosives rather than frequency jammers.

This is overall the best Batman to hit the big screen imo. The rookie mistakes, anger, psychological challenges etc were great.

I was a little disappointed they offed Falcone

The Joker intro has me excited about the second one. Especially with him and Riddler becoming “friends.”
giphy.gif

PleasureMoose

Legendary
True.
Never watched those twilight movies, and I reckon Pattinson played a reasonably solid character in that lighthouse movie alongside Willem Dafoe.

Recently watched the Val Kilmer biography, quite interesting to learn he turned down the Batman role for a sequel to Batman Forever.
Apparently one reason was while wearing the bat suit he wasn't able to hear or move much.
Pattinson has been in alot of great movies. The majority of normies only know him from Twilight tho

Val is also a classically trained actor.. he also said he only did Batman because of his son and absolutely hated every moment of doing it

Teddy Jack

Elite
As far as Batman/Bruce Wayne’s, Bale is still the best.

Bale
Keaton
Pattinson
Affleck
Will Arnett
Kilmer
Clooney
Just one thing to remember also while ranking these Bruce Wayne character…reeves and Pattinson did something completely different. One of the criticisms of this movie was that Bruce Wayne almost didn’t exist. He was in Batman mode all the time. It’s a strange criticism when that’s exactly what Reeves was going for. He wanted a Bruce Wayne so broken that he’s in this Batman experience 24/7. Bruce Wayne doesn’t really exist in the Batman.

I think we will see a transformation to the playboy persona with Pattinson over the course of the next two movies.

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
Just one thing to remember also while ranking these Bruce Wayne character…reeves and Pattinson did something completely different. One of the criticisms of this movie was that Bruce Wayne almost didn’t exist. He was in Batman mode all the time. It’s a strange criticism when that’s exactly what Reeves was going for. He wanted a Bruce Wayne so broken that he’s in this Batman experience 24/7. Bruce Wayne doesn’t really exist in the Batman.

I think we will see a transformation to the playboy persona with Pattinson over the course of the next two movies.

I think so too

Teddy Jack

Elite
Just finished watching it. Not bad, but I like Batman Begins and The Dark Knight with Christian Bale better. They did good with the Riddler and how it all laid out up to the end.
Glad you liked it. I totally get you still liking begins and TDK more. They are just very different styles than this version. I’m curious to find out if reeves goes with more of an action version for films 2/3 of the trilogy versus the detective noir for this one. That aspect made this film feel so different from any other Batman movie. That’s why I personally like it so much. Also, not a lot of CGI. The action was very real.

And maybe I’m in the minority on this too, but the bat suit for this Batman is my favorite. I love that it’s more practical and you can see the different pieces of armor. And yes, the prequel book covers some of the tech Bruce was utilizing for his suit. Same with the contact lens stuff.

PleasureMoose

Legendary
Him and Jack are 1a/1b for me, Jack played the character of Joker better imo but Ledger was cawt damn frightening and played the psychopath to a T.

Also honorable mention for Phoenix he killed it as a blossoming Joker and really showed you how his mind was broken as fuck.
not a big fan of casting Barry Keoghan as the joker.. he just comes off as some edgy mongoloid teenager. Not when you have William Dafoe sitting there whos already express interest in playing joker idk maybe Dafoe is just too old to move forward w a new franchise

1646572028753.png1646572051364.png

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
not a big fan of casting Barry Keoghan as the joker.. he just comes off as some edgy mongoloid teenager. Not when you have William Dafoe sitting there whos already express interest in playing joker idk maybe Dafoe is just too old to move forward w a new franchise

View attachment 83707View attachment 83708
Yeah age is an issue, I mean they can de-age him but if he kicks the bucket there is a lot of money involved.

Also tip of the hat to Defoe as one of the best hung actors in hollywood....

Glad you liked it. I totally get you still liking begins and TDK more. They are just very different styles than this version. I’m curious to find out if reeves goes with more of an action version for films 2/3 of the trilogy versus the detective noir for this one. That aspect made this film feel so different from any other Batman movie. That’s why I personally like it so much. Also, not a lot of CGI. The action was very real.

And maybe I’m in the minority on this too, but the bat suit for this Batman is my favorite. I love that it’s more practical and you can see the different pieces of armor. And yes, the prequel book covers some of the tech Bruce was utilizing for his suit. Same with the contact lens stuff.

My issues with the suit were the clunky boots - they didn't seen very tactical. You heard them when he was simply walking and didn't appear to help with agility. Same with the leathery outfit and the noise it made.

Surprised one of these bad guys hasn't just shot batman in the mouth...

All that said, I enjoyed the movie

Teddy Jack

Elite

View attachment 83707View attachment 83708
If you haven’t watched the killing of a sacred dear I would recommend it. Barry played a deranged kid in it. Shows potential. Same sort of thing in the green knight I believe (although I haven’t seen green knight)

Teddy Jack

Elite
My issues with the suit were the clunky boots - they didn't seen very tactical. You heard them when he was simply walking and didn't appear to help with agility. Same with the leathery outfit and the noise it made.

Surprised one of these bad guys hasn't just shot batman in the mouth...

All that said, I enjoyed the movie
That’s interesting you say that because they designed the suit to specifically allow him to move free. It was more mobile than any other live action Batman suit.

PleasureMoose

Legendary
If you haven’t watched the killing of a sacred dear I would recommend it. Barry played a deranged kid in it. Shows potential. Same sort of thing in the green knight I believe (although I haven’t seen green knight)
I've seen it.. he was good i guess but his acting was hard to judge for me bc Y. Lanthimos style of dialogue is so different. Oh and he's in the green knight for like 30 seconds lol

Barry isn't the worse actor but he also doesnt have enough meaningful material yet in my eyes to carry a film by himself

Teddy Jack

Elite
I've seen it.. he was good i guess but his acting was hard to judge for me bc Y. Lanthimos style of dialogue is so different. Oh and he's in the green knight for like 30 seconds lol

Barry isn't the worse actor but he also doesnt have enough meaningful material yet in my eyes to carry a film by himself
Based on what he’s shown in the limited time, I think he’s got the potential. And after what Reeves has done and the vision cast, I’m not going to doubt him.

Also, I don’t think the joker will carry the next film. It seems like it may set up with a partnership with riddler and court of owls. And of course there is still penguin. Joker may get more run time in the HBO max series they have planned about Arkham asylum. Not sure. Penguins series is going to be good though.

PleasureMoose

Legendary
Based on what he’s shown in the limited time, I think he’s got the potential. And after what Reeves has done and the vision cast, I’m not going to doubt him.

Also, I don’t think the joker will carry the next film. It seems like it may set up with a partnership with riddler and court of owls. And of course there is still penguin. Joker may get more run time in the HBO max series they have planned about Arkham asylum. Not sure. Penguins series is going to be good though.
I've read that Reeves has confirmed a sequel but WB hasn't yet. doubtful they'll get Paul Dano back...but we'll see. didn't Pattinson & Kravitz already drop hints about the court of owls being in the sequel? that would be a great move imo. and also, hasn't Reeves stated he wants Mr. Freeze?

Teddy Jack

Elite
I've read that Reeves has confirmed a sequel but WB hasn't yet. doubtful they'll get Paul Dano back...but we'll see. didn't Pattinson & Kravitz already drop hints about the court of owls being in the sequel? that would be a great move imo. and also, hasn't Reeves stated he wants Mr. Freeze?
They all were reading some fan comments and someone mentioned court of owls and all of them really liked it. Pattinson really seemed to like that idea but as far as I know it’s just a fan question/comment that they commented on. But Reeves certainly set it up for potential court of owls with both Wayne’s and Arkhams potentially being corrupt. I think he could add Hush (and reeves said he’d like to do that) and yes Mr Freeze as Reeves also said he’d like to see that story.

The bottom line (and for which I’m excited) is that this world can explore any and all possibilities in some of the movies and/or spin off shows. And I’m also glad he has no desire to try and pull in other characters from the multiverse. He said he’d get lost trying to do that. I understand his point.

Latest posts

Top Bottom