Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BATMAN

thenick_ttu

Elite
Founder
tenor.gif

t_money86

Legendary
Founder
Saw it last night. Thought it was a good movie. It isn't a traditional comic book movie. More like a Murder Mystery where the guy solving it is in a batman costume. Takes it back to the roots of early Batman. The World's Greatest Detective. It was definitely a detective flick. Very dark. The lame white privilege comment could've gone without BUT in this day n age with horseshit Woke Hollywood, it wasn't filled with woke shit. I really enjoyed it.

Mahozzle

Elite
Founder
Took my 12 yr old and 2 of his buddies.
Theatre was packed and only 1 or 2 masks that I saw.

My boy has seen all the recent Batman movies and said he liked this one the best.

I liked it. It had me glued to the seat and even though it’s long, it never seemed long (175mins)! It’s gritty, dark and It’s by far my favorite batmobile!

Would recommend!

t_money86

Legendary
Founder
Bro do you even Keaton
Batman 89 will always be on its own. But it was a Tim Burton movie which adds the campiness factor to it. So if ranking the movies by story I have my top 3 above. Batman '89 is off to the side in it's own top slot not in comparison to the Nolan trilogy or the beginning of this trilogy simply because it was a totally different genre.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Batman 89 will always be on its own. But it was a Tim Burton movie which adds the campiness factor to it. So if ranking the movies by story I have my top 3 above. Batman '89 is off to the side in it's own top slot not in comparison to the Nolan trilogy or the beginning of this trilogy simply because it was a totally different genre.
Burton did the best Gotham by far, Nolan was close in Begins but turned it into Chicago for the next two movies.

PleasureMoose

Legendary
Batman Forever with Jim Carrey as the Riddler and Tommy Lee Jones as Two-Face and prime Nicole Kidman makes it the best Batman film of all time. Val Kilmer is the man

a close 2nd i got Batman 89 and 3rd i got Batman Returns
i re-watched TDKR the other night and its a complete mess. BB and TDK are my 4th and 5th

skramer100

Elite
Founder
Batman Forever with Jim Carrey as the Riddler and Tommy Lee Jones as Two-Face and prime Nicole Kidman makes it the best Batman film of all time. Val Kilmer is the man

a close 2nd i got Batman 89 and 3rd i got Batman Returns
i re-watched TDKR the other night and its a complete mess. BB and TDK are my 4th and 5th
It worked for me cause I was so in love with Nicole Kidman back then. I wore my dick out to Dead Calm.

Hoppo

Elite
Founder
Movie was different, reminded me a lot of Bladerunner. Had that same feel to it. Some definite white people are racists under tones. Was really a who done it kind of movie. Was a fun movie though but not on par with Nolan's.
I thought it was better than Dark Knight Rises, on par with Batman Begins. Nothing will get on The Dark Knight’s level but that’s a pretty high bar.
I liked seeing Batman doing detective work and crime solving for once. Also liked how it nails Gotham as a corrupt shithole. Feels like it belongs in the same universe as the Joker movie. It kind of lost the plot in the 3rd act a little but I enjoyed it overall.

Teddy Jack

Elite
I’m glad someone started this thread. I was going to bump one of my old ones. Here are some thoughts.

1) I love the deceive/noir aspect. As the worlds greatest detective it should be very detective like. Also, I really enjoyed the voice over narration.
2) it’s dark. It should be.
3) I love how many of the comics he brings into it like ego, hush, year one and earth one.
4) Batman is very psychologically damaged and this film finally covers that.
5) I like that it’s not an origin story for Batman but he’s still young enough to make mistakes and figure stuff out.
6) riddler and penguin were both fantastically done.
7) the Sherlock Holmes and Watson vibe from Batman and Gordon was awesome.
8) maybe I’m in the minority but that batmobile was the most awesome live action batmobile in its simplicity but ability to haunt.

Teddy Jack

Elite
I thought it was better than Dark Knight Rises, on par with Batman Begins. Nothing will get on The Dark Knight’s level but that’s a pretty high bar.
I liked seeing Batman doing detective work and crime solving for once. Also liked how it nails Gotham as a corrupt shithole. Feels like it belongs in the same universe as the Joker movie. It kind of lost the plot in the 3rd act a little but I enjoyed it overall.
So, my question or comment is regarding your “3rd act” comment. Why did you lose the plot?

To me, this was the point of the movie where Batman finally realizes his vengeance won’t actually change anything. It’s so much bigger than that. The whole water washing away and cleansing is an allegory or picture of a true “renewal” going on mostly within Batman.

Since Grace Randolph mentioned months ago about a weak 3rd act I’ve been interested in seeing peoples response. I thought it fit well to actually engage and complete the first 2 parts of the movie.

All my opinion of course and you’re entitled to yours. Just not sure why you lost the plot with it.

Teddy Jack

Elite
The buildup to him finally getting in the Batmobile was great.

I don't like the fact that they put another little guy in the batsuit but Hollywood is filled with tiny men so it is what it is.

Story was great. The Riddler was reimagined in a fresh fantastic way.
He’s not little for goodness sake.

1646518709716.jpeg

Lots of Batman comics have smaller versions as compared to affleck.

Hoppo

Elite
Founder
So, my question or comment is regarding your “3rd act” comment. Why did you lose the plot?

To me, this was the point of the movie where Batman finally realizes his vengeance won’t actually change anything. It’s so much bigger than that. The whole water washing away and cleansing is an allegory or picture of a true “renewal” going on mostly within Batman.

Since Grace Randolph mentioned months ago about a weak 3rd act I’ve been interested in seeing peoples response. I thought it fit well to actually engage and complete the first 2 parts of the movie.

All my opinion of course and you’re entitled to yours. Just not sure why you lost the plot with it.
I understood all of what the film was trying to say. The themes you enumerated were pretty clear, just thought it was missing some story to get there. It’s a minor quibble, didn’t really ruin my enjoyment of the movie.

Teddy Jack

Elite
I understood all of what the film was trying to say. The themes you enumerated were pretty clear, just thought it was missing some story to get there. It’s a minor quibble, didn’t really ruin my enjoyment of the movie.
I don’t totally understand but I won’t argue with you. Glad you enjoyed it. It was definitely not the typical kind of Batman film.

Hoppo

Elite
Founder
He’s not little for goodness sake.

View attachment 83439

Lots of Batman comics have smaller versions as compared to affleck.
For sure. Affleck very specifically styled his body to be like the Frank Miller/Dark Knight Returns Batman.. I thought Pattinson's aesthetic was pretty appropriate for a young Batman, who only has a couple years under his belt.

Teddy Jack

Elite
For sure. Affleck very specifically styled his body to be like the Frank Miller/Dark Knight Returns Batman.. I thought Pattinson's aesthetic was pretty appropriate for a young Batman, who only has a couple years under his belt.
Totally glad you understood that as well. It’s been a gripe for 2+ years that 1) Pattinson was too small and 2) Pattinson didn’t work out (which was a troll straight from pattinsons mouth) he worked out hard for this film. He just didn’t need to be 230 lbs as year 1.6 Batman.

Teddy Jack

Elite
I’m shocked at the reviews in this thread. Never thought this movie would amount to shit
Ye of little faith. So many folks shit on Pattinson because of Twighlight. Also, reeves has done some great stuff. Listening to his interviews and all the details about this move over the last 2 years I’m not surprised it’s good. But people would rather bitch or be negative than actually look into things.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Ye of little faith. So many folks shit on Pattinson because of Twighlight. Also, reeves has done some great stuff. Listening to his interviews and all the details about this move over the last 2 years I’m not surprised it’s good. But people would rather bitch or be negative than actually look into things.
Looking forward to watching it now.

How’s it going? How are the kids?

D

Deleted member 2886

True.
Never watched those twilight movies, and I reckon Pattinson played a reasonably solid character in that lighthouse movie alongside Willem Dafoe.

Recently watched the Val Kilmer biography, quite interesting to learn he turned down the Batman role for a sequel to Batman Forever.
Apparently one reason was while wearing the bat suit he wasn't able to hear or move much.

Top Bottom