Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anyone give their dog CBD?

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Thoughts? I don't know much about it. My Mom uses the cream occasionally for arthritis in her hands. I have a Dr friend who has alot of patients who swear by it for joint pain. Never talked to anyone who uses it for a dog though.

Ole Jane is 7 now, and had an ACL fixed a few years ago. She is still in good shape, keeps up on 3-4 mile walks, and chases the shit out of squirrels and deer. I do notice her stretching her legs out more these days, and generally a bit grumpier...likes to show her inner chow lol. I'm sure she is just aging, but thinking about daily CBD for help with any possible joint inflammation, and maybe improve her mood a bit.

Cards1968

Founder
Tried it out this past winter on our older bulldogs. Upset the males stomach and didn't have much effect on either's joint discomfort. Switched back to Flexadin for both.

Female has hip dysplasia so bad she's on deracoxib. It's a world changer for her, but expensive. Almost a hundo a month.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Tried it out this past winter on our older bulldogs. Upset the males stomach and didn't have much effect on either's joint discomfort. Switched back to Flexadin for both.

Female has hip dysplasia so bad she's on deracoxib. It's a world changer for her, but expensive. Almost a hundo a month.

Sucks it is so expensive for you, but what else do you do? Jane was a cheap pound dog, but her ACL wasn't cheap. We were just glad WE had her, and not some other person who couldn't or wouldn't pay for that. She would just sit at the bottom of our back steps and whimper, because her knee hurt too bad to walk up the stairs & needed to be carried. I would have paid anything to fix that.

For the CBD, did you use some kind of drops? Or little treats, or something?

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
We give our dog this supplement. Has made nice improvement in her pain and flexibility. View attachment 12193

Thanks, have heard of that...will read up on it. We give her fish oil supplements that are really helping her nails, which randomly went to shit a few years ago, and 3 vets had no idea why. May need to add something else to her daily regimen.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Yes, I do. My Catahoula puppy has hip dysplasia at a young age and when I work her hard, she comes up gimpy and has a little bunny hop in her gait. Give her a CBD treat and she is on the mend that same day.

CBD treats are also great for dogs with an aversion to car travel. Give your friend a treat a half hour or so prior to departure and enjoy a peaceful trip. Works for cats, too.

Cards1968

Founder
Sucks it is so expensive for you, but what else do you do? Jane was a cheap pound dog, but her ACL wasn't cheap. We were just glad WE had her, and not some other person who couldn't or wouldn't pay for that. She would just sit at the bottom of our back steps and whimper, because her knee hurt too bad to walk up the stairs & needed to be carried. I would have paid anything to fix that.

For the CBD, did you use some kind of drops? Or little treats, or something?
Don't have the 'bottle' (plastic jar more like it), but it was clearly marked CBD, noted it was for joint pain, and they were chewable cubes. Had to give them 4 each because of their size.

20210323_092033.jpgWe have an 8 mo. old dog we'll give these to after heavy running around. We stick to the lower end of the dose recommendation. I can't speak for joint effectiveness, but it chills him out for some couch recovery time ensuring he doesn't overdue it the rest of the evening. Always ask him "Hey, wanna get a lil high?"
Disclaimer-Purchased at a truck stop, so who the fuck knows.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Yes, I do. My Catahoula puppy has hip dysplasia at a young age and when I work her hard, she comes up gimpy and has a little bunny hop in her gait. Give her a CBD treat and she is on the mend that same day.

CBD treats are also great for dogs with an aversion to car travel. Give your friend a treat a half hour or so prior to departure and enjoy a peaceful trip. Works for cats, too.

That's awesome that it helps so well with the pain. My late uncle bred catahoulas. Good dogs...as for the car, I will pass that on to a few friends for their pets. Sweet Jane loves riding in a car, boat, golf cart, pretty much anything. Really, as long as she is with a human being, she is content lol.

yankmenoodle

Elite
Thoughts? I don't know much about it. My Mom uses the cream occasionally for arthritis in her hands. I have a Dr friend who has alot of patients who swear by it for joint pain. Never talked to anyone who uses it for a dog though.

Ole Jane is 7 now, and had an ACL fixed a few years ago. She is still in good shape, keeps up on 3-4 mile walks, and chases the shit out of squirrels and deer. I do notice her stretching her legs out more these days, and generally a bit grumpier...likes to show her inner chow lol. I'm sure she is just aging, but thinking about daily CBD for help with any possible joint inflammation, and maybe improve her mood a bit.

I give my seventy pound pit mix CBD oil nightly. She's about ten years old, and it made a noticeable change in her. I started it when I saw what an improvement it made on my neighbors Basset.

Rusty Student

2023 Fantasy Baseball 🏆
Founder
I give my Corgi CBD morning and night. Helps with his hip dysplasia and anxiety.

I use a CBD tincture and supplement with CBD treats as needed (rarely).

Last edited:

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Ordered a bottle of this. Will report results in a few days.

cbd-tincture-pets-beef-150mg.png

Chris Farley

Misunderstood lurker
Founder
No, but I’m giving my mom THC when we go to Disney in 2 weeks. Otherwise, I’d have to deal with her manic anxiety while in the midst of thousands of crazy Disney fats.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Update...been giving cbd daily to Jane for a few weeks, beef flavored drops. She seems to be feeling better. Has been jumping straight up to the back seat of my Yukon to go for rides, which she hasn't done since before her ACL surgery several years ago. Usually she makes me pick her up, or she rides up front, where she can jump to the floor, then the seat. So that is a great sign imo.

@ttyh -how do I order some cbd from you? Reply, or message me.

Top Bottom