Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anyone been to the carribean recently

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Last edited:

Dinkis14

Poster
Founder
apparently my interneting skills are subpar........ tried to follow the rules
You should look into the USVI or PR. You don’t have to present a Covid test to get back stateside coming from those territories.

With that being said, most medium to high end resorts have instant Covid tests for those traveling back to America. You’re just relying on their tests to be accurate, which could be a headache. Lastly, you may want to get trip insurance that pays for extra days in case you have to quarantine. You’d be responsible for the extra costs should you have to.

mtsuhog85

Poster
Founder
I was in San Juan this week. Very little traffic. Lots of temperature checks. Not quite sure about required covid tests as I'm flight crew and the rules are different for us.

Also went to Punta Cana, never saw anything requiring tests. But was a turn and didn't get off the plane. So who knows what happened in customs.

Hope I helped some...beach was nice in TJSJ. A few hot chick's in thongs.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Have been to San Jaun once and loved it, St Thomas may be the most over rated place on the planet. Wanted to go somewhere new what other islands are good in the USVI? Any recs on PR outside San Jaun?

HunterPKP

Poster
Founder
I went to Aruba back in September. Their had stiffer COVID regulations than we did by a mile in ATL. Was great. Still, with new CDC guidelines, I wouldn't travel anywhere that requires a passed test 3 days prior to re-entry. Go to USVI like another poster said.

BoiseGator

Poster
Founder
Spent the first 10 days of January days in Playa Del Carmen. It was fantastic! It was easy to get in and out and all safety protocols were really good. I didn’t feel restricted on any activities, just bring a few masks.

Starting Monday however you will need to Covid test to get back in the states, but most hotels I believe will be doing the antigen rapid test for an additional fee. Should be very simple!

I strongly suggest you go take a break and enjoy life!! It was exactly what my family needed.

JDCPA76

Lurker
In the Cayman Islands right now.

Did the 15 day self quarantine at home in November , no issues.

Covid free country, no masks, no distance issues. Wonderful trip. Low 80’s during the day, high 70’s at night. Shorts and t shirts.

Going back to the US before January 26 to avoid the 72 hour negative bullshit starts.

EdgeBest

Poster
Have been to San Jaun once and loved it, St Thomas may be the most over rated place on the planet. Wanted to go somewhere new what other islands are good in the USVI? Any recs on PR outside San Jaun?
rent a catamaran and drive around

not that hard

BPV

Poster
Went to Barbados in November. Had to have a negative test within 72 hours of arrival and take a second test on the island 48 hours after arrival. Wasn’t a big deal. No restrictions or requirements coming back into that US at that time.

TheJunto

Poster
I went to Ocho Rios in November for my honeymoon. You can’t get the rapid test, it has to be the one that takes a day or two for results. If you end up going to Jamaica, there’s an expedited service at the Montego Bay airport that is worth the money. My wife is on a Sandals group on Facebook and the stories some have told about getting a test for the trip home have been awful and expensive as fuck. I would probably go somewhere else. From what I understand, Mexico is pretty easy to get in and out. Try to find somewhere that won’t require you spend your last day or two trying to get a goddamn COVID test. That shit fucking sucks.

entergo2

Lurker
Went to St Thomas in November. No issues
Going to Cabo (I know not relevant) in February and the hotel I’m staying does the Covid test at their resort to get back in the US - Relevant because I’m pretty sure every decent hotel will do this to help ensure people still go. Having said that, if I get a positive test and have to stay at the hotel for another two weeks +......god help me

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Went to St Thomas in November. No issues
Going to Cabo (I know not relevant) in February and the hotel I’m staying does the Covid test at their resort to get back in the US - Relevant because I’m pretty sure every decent hotel will do this to help ensure people still go. Having said that, if I get a positive test and have to stay at the hotel for another two weeks +......god help me
There are worse places to be stuck

Tide In The ATL

Poster
Founder
My parents just got back from Jamaica. As long as you have papers showing you have been tested prior in the time period they tell you, that’s about all that’s required. They said the process of going through customs on the way there from Atlanta took quite awhile but the way back was no problem at all and really fast. There is barely anybody down there so it’s a good time to get away from things.

Top Bottom