Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anybody got any Tampa recs?

AgEngDawg

Legendary
I should have put in the original thread that it was family vacation to Madeira beach near Tampa so Mons is probably a no go.

BigBucnNole

Elite
I should have put in the original thread that it was family vacation to Madeira beach near Tampa so Mons is probably a no go.

If you are in Madeira, check out Sea Critters. It’s right there. John’s Pass is right there too with a bunch of restaurants. I used to advertise for Mastery’s brewery right on St Pete Beach.

I was at egmont beach, which is a little island off St Pete. I think they do ferries out there. It’s an undeveloped state park. Then of course there are the touristy things like the pier to check out. There is a good sea food restaurant called Doc Holidays at the entrance that is worth checking out.

Last edited:

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Guppy’s in Indian Rocks Beach. Dockside Dave’s is solid. You are not really close to Tampa btw, used to live on Indian Rocks, it’s a drive.
Oh gotcha. We have never been to that area. My wife wanted to try someplace new for vacation in Florida. We had been to Destin too many times.

BigBucnNole

Elite
Oh gotcha. We have never been to that area. My wife wanted to try someplace new for vacation in Florida. We had been to Destin too many times.

Its definitely different than Destin. There is no floribama group, you get a mix of snowbirds, yankees, and hispanics, and locals. Its good though.

You are doing a resort right?

TheNJNole

Elite
Founder
meh, I think it’s overrated old people food. Veggies are steamed mushy, steak is bland. Atmosphere is great but the food at Council Oak blows it away. Charlie’s is better too. If seafood is what we’re lookin for, Rusty Pelican, oyster catchers, are better high level joints.
Their steaks are good. However, the desert room makes the experience.

Moreover, their wine list is unsurpassed, especially the desert wines. You wood have to go to several top NYC restaurants to amass that wine selection, let alone in one location. TFL is above all.

Perhaps you've never experienced their $60 glass of 1934 Justino's Verdelho. Absolutely delicious.

I'll be down for Father's Day to visit the in-laws. You can take me there and I will let you buy me drinks. Lol

We can talk about how great FSU is once again becoming.....

t_money86

Legendary
Founder
Their steaks are good. However, the desert room makes the experience.

Moreover, their wine list is unsurpassed, especially the desert wines. You wood have to go to several top NYC restaurants to amass that wine selection, let alone in one location. TFL is above all.

Perhaps you've never experienced their $60 glass of 1934 Justino's Verdelho. Absolutely delicious.

I'll be down for Father's Day to visit the in-laws. You can take me there and I will let you buy me drinks. Lol

We can talk about how great FSU is once again becoming.....
Until game 1 of this season ;)

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Anybody know of a good restaurant in Madera to have a birthday party for a teenager? You know the restaurants that come out and sing happy birthday?

Thanks in advance.

t_money86

Legendary
Founder
MadBeach Brewery in John's Pass is pretty cool. Got good food n beers.
I just came back from a 2 week vacation right there at Johns Pass. I reiterate that MadBeach Brewery is a great spot. Food/Brews, they have video games to entertain the kids, cornhole boards inside and pool tables.

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
Cigar City and Angry Chair are both fantastic breweries with cool spots to hang out.

Also, for great late night food - Taco Bus.

Top Bottom