Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Gold Bars Bullion

STMF2X

Elite
Founder
1381540118.jpg

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
If buying online SD or JM bullion are good outlets with decent pricing. If wanting to buy in person make sure the dealer can tell/show you how they test their product. A sigma tester is the best option. I used to buy 1oz bars but began buying NGC or PCGS certified/slabbed modern eagles and a few pre 33s that certification lends a readily accepted degree of authenticity & a grade to go with it.

But like all my guns my gold was also lost in an unfortunate boating accident.

And my silver

and my weed

rebar

Elite
I did
Anybody buy Gold Bars/Bullion? Any Suggestions or Information?
When Hussein came on the scene. It went from 400.00 to 1000 and more
I have since divested and returned traditional.
I'm watching bricks and the peso and what is going on w countries selling treasuries bc they are desperate to prop up their own market.
The world is in a hidden slump
@Nape

rebar

Elite
Gold is not easily divisible
Silver is. And gold is divisible by silver. True story
Nixon got USA off the Gold standard.
It used to be...you could take your money to the bank and take possession of your gold and silver. FdR confiscated all precious metals to develop alien tax schemes and crafts
Yeah that's fucking right fuck you pussy fags

It used to be...you could take your money to the bank and take possession of your gold and silver. FdR confiscated all precious metals to develop alien tax schemes and crafts

if you have 1 silver ounce but want to buy something valued at 0.5 oz, can you cut it in half?

it’s also difficult to transport and material amounts come with hefty carrying costs related to storage and security

also i’m well aware of bretton woods, dollar bills that used to say convertible to gold/silver, and the 1933 gold confiscation

rebar

Elite
if you have 1 silver ounce but want to buy something valued at 0.5 oz, can you cut it in half?

it’s also difficult to transport and material amounts come with hefty carrying costs related to storage and security
Decimals and multiple
Do the fucking simple math or I'll tax you right now. Everything is a fucking tax because you are dependent on dicks shooting answers all over yourslves

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
A few things & ramblings from my point of view:

. I agree that gold isn’t “easily divisible” as in a small physical amount is worth quite a bit and wouldn’t be good if you just needed a few hundred bucks or less. Silver certainly is, but at the same time you can easily carry $25k in gold whereas the same in silver is quite the load.

Buying gold in under 1oz amounts is a losing battle as the premiums defeat any short term value retention unless you’re buying numismatic pieces at good prices.

Neither are going to make you rich, both are a store of wealth for long term preservation and should be just a portion of holdings/investments.

Both are undervalued & manipulation keeps them that way until they squeeze out every decade or so.

Be careful buying either and if the price is too good to be true it’s likely fake.

On another note, on a daily basis I buy/sell/trade numismatic coins as a side hustle & the recent spike in the more collectible Morgan dollar prices is getting worrisome that we’re near a peak. Don’t overpay.

rebar

Elite
A few things & ramblings from my point of view:

. I agree that gold isn’t “easily divisible” as in a small physical amount is worth quite a bit and wouldn’t be good if you just needed a few hundred bucks or less. Silver certainly is, but at the same time you can easily carry $25k in gold whereas the same in silver is quite the load.

Buying gold in under 1oz amounts is a losing battle as the premiums defeat any short term value retention unless you’re buying numismatic pieces at good prices.

Neither are going to make you rich, both are a store of wealth for long term preservation and should be just a portion of holdings/investments.

Both are undervalued & manipulation keeps them that way until they squeeze out every decade or so.

Be careful buying either and if the price is too good to be true it’s likely fake.

On another note, on a daily basis I buy/sell/trade numismatic coins as a side hustle & the recent spike in the more collectible Morgan dollar prices is getting worrisome that we’re near a peak. Don’t overpay.
If you own gold from the pawn shop in 2004 w a 100% premium on workmanship ($100=200 00 jewelry)
You'd be up 400%in 20 years.
I'm loading my future in steel. Once it isn't there they pay me in gold, crops, or alcohol. I got my own seeds. Bought them from amazon

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
If you own gold from the pawn shop in 2004 w a 100% premium on workmanship ($100=200 00 jewelry)
You'd be up 400%in 20 years.
I'm loading my future in steel. Once it isn't there they pay me in gold, crops, or alcohol. I got my own seeds. Bought them from amazon
Actually a good point. Doing a bit of research even when factoring in inflation aka the devaluation of the dollar, there’s still around a 200% gain with gold at spot. I used avg US home prices in 2004 vs 2023 to make the comparison.

But then $$$ in the markets on average out gains that figure. But yes, there’s still a moderate “profit” in gold over that term.

Keep in mind what’s holding back the next squeeze is the raising of rates which increases value of the dollar vs other currencies. When they are forced to lower rates more dollars flow & likely stimulus will come along with it & the dollar & other currencies will devalue further & gold/silver & other tangible commodities will react accordingly.

rebar

Elite
Actually a good point. Doing a bit of research even when factoring in inflation aka the devaluation of the dollar, there’s still around a 200% gain with gold at spot. I used avg US home prices in 2004 vs 2023 to make the comparison.

But then $$$ in the markets on average out gains that figure. But yes, there’s still a moderate “profit” in gold over that term.
It was good. I got out and wanna be back in honestly. Move shit around to avoid a dick punch is my current issue.
I did well on hussein gold market

rebar

Elite

Keep in mind what’s holding back the next squeeze is the raising of rates which increases value of the dollar vs other currencies. When they are forced to lower rates more dollars flow & likely stimulus will come along with it & the dollar & other currencies will devalue further & gold/silver & other tangible commodities will react accordingly.
Buying gold is easier than a dwelling. I only purchase shit I can touch. I usually go jewelry repair grade. High mark up. Best purest grade. My gold.
I may plant Marigolds this Spring

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
I own a few gold and silver coins but to be honest they have been bad investments. I would have been much better off investing in stocks. That being said i understand the want for a hedge. I bought my coins off of JM Bullion and was pleased with their product and service. I did look into selling the coins back to them but the price they wanted to give me was way off market. So if I really wanted to sell my coins id have to find a local buyer probably.

I much prefer BTC to gold. Its easily divisible. Easily transportable. Easily storable and has great long term potential.

Joe Kings

Legendary
Founder
My dad has been buying me silver every birthday, Christmas and Easter since I was 8yrs old.
I have 10s of thousands of dollars of Silver. I remember its was $5.25 an oz. I have some gold I bought locally. Thanks JM bullion

Rusty Student

2023 Fantasy Baseball 🏆
Founder
My dad has been buying me silver every birthday, Christmas and Easter since I was 8yrs old.
I have 10s of thousands of dollars of Silver. I remember its was $5.25 an oz. I have some gold I bought locally. Thanks JM bullion
What form of silver?

Top Bottom