Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A quick and easy pasta for a snowy night

Nape

Elite
Founder
It’s shitty here again in Pritzkanistan so I’m making a summer-esque pasta for my ladies. Easy as can be and knock your dick in the dirt delicious.
E0225042-7628-488B-BBD5-C13BC04835B3.jpeg
Fresh Buffalo mozz, orange and red cherry tomatoes, roasted garlic, red onion, regular garlic, and basil. But there is a trick at the end.

Sauté 1/2 a red onion, 1/2 head of roasted garlic, and 2 cloves of garlic in a lot of EVOO....between a 1/4 and a 1/2 cup.
E064E6B2-5E8B-4006-AA8E-B536B4264AEE.jpegAdd a pint each of the cherry tomatoes, cut in half and allow to simmer until they start to give off their juice.
8FBEB327-6AE6-46F5-BBC7-06AB42F8F973.jpeg

Last edited:

Nape

Elite
Founder
Add your pasta to heavily salted water at a rolling boil. My local Italian joint had a special buy on this pasta....bronze die cut semolina pasta right off the boat. At $6 for a pound it’s expensive but it’s spectacular. I’m using bucatini but linguine, spaghetti, fettuccini, or whatever you like is fine.
FCC2F6B6-7AFE-470D-9DC2-105FA57C1951.jpegCook to just under al dente, drain. Add to the tomatoes and toss. Allow to cook until al dente and it absorbs that wonderful sauce...about 4 minutes over medium heat..
53EE047E-7F94-49B2-B6F5-B259B41D007D.jpegI forgot to tell you guy/gal to add S/P and red pepper flakes when sautéing the onions and garlic.

Boxman4

Elite
Founder
giphy.gif

Nape

Elite
Founder
Yep....pasta, black pepper, Pecorino Romano, and excellent EVOO. The key is adding a little pasta cooking water to it to help emulsify the cheese and oil, making the pasta super creamy without adding cream. Key is cooking the black pepper in the olive oil for a few minutes to get the pepper to bloom.

Nape

Elite
Founder
Is it true it’s only supposed to be 3 or 4 ingredients?

And what should be the first thing (besides by itself) that I should use the sauce on?
For the hot sauce.....awesome on eggs, pizza. wings, any kinda soup or rice dish, or anything you like hot sauce on. It’s an umami bomb hot sauce, not a blow your head off sauce. I can make those when asked but most like it just the way it is.

Nape

Elite
Founder
I feel like @Nape trolling my dick off with this "quick" bullshit. Looks tasty tho!
LOL. It would be a little quicker if I didn’t slice those fucking tomatoes in half. It makes a difference to keep them somewhat in shape, though. Over cooking them and making a tomato sauce changes the dish. My girls love it and it’s an easy clean up....that’s all that is important.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
LOL. It would be a little quicker if I didn’t slice those fucking tomatoes in half. It makes a difference to keep them somewhat in shape, though. Over cooking them and making a tomato sauce changes the dish. My girls love it and it’s an easy clean up....that’s all that is important.
I'm so glad I don't have kids. I couldn't imagine cooking like that but your dishes are always pretty to look at!

Nape

Elite
Founder
Looks awesome. You ever do a Far Diavolo sauce? Be curious to see your recipe.
I have. Fra Diavolo shrimp are the old school OG. My wife and daughter aren’t huge fans so I haven’t done it in a long while. They will eat a toned down arrabbiata, tho.

Nape

Elite
Founder
Well, the entire family says this is a keeper. I added in sautéed chicken. Served with Pane Toscano.

Ridiculously delicious.

View attachment 6515View attachment 6516
Fuck yea!! Excuse my poor French, my lady! It’s so easy to do but soooooo delicious. Nice touch with the chicken. Sometimes we will add shrimp just to change it up.

Glad you liked it! Mangia and Cin Cin.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Fuck yea!! Excuse my poor French, my lady! It’s so easy to do but soooooo delicious. Nice touch with the chicken. Sometimes we will add shrimp just to change it up.

Glad you liked it! Mangia and Cin Cin.
Loved it and the whole house smells good. 🤣

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
As an addendum....you can use more wine or chicken stock if you prefer it to be a bit more “saucy”. We like the concentrated flavor without a lot of liquid. You do you.
I like it just as you told me to do. Creamy comfort food.

Plus it left me more PG to enjoy. I don't cook with wine I won't drink. 😉

Top Bottom