Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A face full of mud and a 60mm mortar rnd

mrt

Elite
All our work was low level because the Delta was so flat, the guys up north had to stay up due to the terrain being so rugged. That is also why they took more casualties. The other photo is a direct hit on our flight line taking out one of the Tiger ships. Just before I left to come home there was another 60mm hit on another Tiger ship and it went thru the main rotor and exploded down onto the tail boom. The revetment was full of JP4 due to a fuel cell hole or two. About ten of us managed to get the dolly under the skids and push it out of the revetment. I don't know if it were repairable or not and I didn't delay my leaving the Army to find out. I had been standing outside the CP bunker when the rounds started coming in and one round fell just the other side of the big bunker I was standing in front of, shrapnel was whistling over the roof of the bunker. I had a lot of close calls in 3 years but you just keep moving and never stand in the same spot too long.859.jpg864.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom