Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A celebratory night of pasta!!!

Nape

Elite
Founder
I bet he slayed pussy in his day.
He was a Bridgeport guy. Anyone that knows anything about Chicago knows what that means.

Gold ring on the pinky, Cadillac convertible that has more steel than most tanks, and he owned the largest independently owned truck terminal in Chicago...186 doors. 8 blocks west of Comiskey.

In that pic he is recreating the picture my sis in law put over her fireplace for his birthday last year. You can see it behind him. That pic is from 1979 and he was all pimped out. Standing in front of our country club. He was the president for 8 years and completely reimagined the joint. A clubhouse and back patio area to match the quality of the course. Bauce.

Last edited:

Nape

Elite
Founder
Yes it is. There's a lot of good tracks in Naples. Once off-peak season hits I'll actually be able to play some of them lol.
We have quite the rotation that we play. He has pals and I have pals and we get to play awesome tracks, in addition to our own.

Olde Florida
Everglades
Calusa Pines (Chicago owner)
Gray Oak
Hammock Bay
Mediterra
Collier’s Reserve
Quail Creek
Talis Park (was Tuscany Reserve)

Nape

Elite
Founder
Looks like something my BIL's mother would make when we went to the UP of Michigan to visit and snowmobile. She is full blooded Italian now living in Naples, Fl at 101 and going strong.
Love the Yoopers. Fantastic smallie fishing and great sled trails in the winter.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Imma dumbass. I was thinking WI fish boil with whitefish.

Absolutely on the walleye for fish fry....or Lake scUM perch. Delicious.
As I recall since it's been a long time, we got a choice of cod or perch for the fish or you could eat spaghetti. Only time I've had walleye was in Battle Creek, Michigan, when I went there for a 3-week training school. Very tasty.

The other day a neighbor gave me 5 pounds of trout fillets he caught in Michigan recently. "Insane" wife made him give away all his duck, dove, quail and fish when they got a new freezer. Don't know why but I took them all.

Hoppo

Elite
Founder
We have quite the rotation that we play. He has pals and I have pals and we get to play awesome tracks, in addition to our own.

Olde Florida
Everglades
Calusa Pines (Chicago owner)
Gray Oak
Hammock Bay
Mediterra
Collier’s Reserve
Quail Creek
Talis Park (was Tuscany Reserve)
Only one I've played is Collier's Reserve. That's a great rotation. I'm hoping this summer will be back to normal - a lot of the clubs in Naples didn't open to the public last year like they normally do because of COVID. If you can handle the heat, you can play some really great courses on the cheap.

Hoppo

Elite
Founder

Nape

Elite
Founder
My wife is getting better. I told her about this thread. She sends this with love to all here....
View attachment 14331
The worst part of all of this is that I haven’t been able to be with her during all of this. It breaks my fucking heart. The boys and I were supposed to be there Tuesday but changed the flight to today because of shit I had to deal with. Too late.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
The worst part of all of this is that I haven’t been able to be with her during all of this. It breaks my fucking heart. The boys and I were supposed to be there Tuesday but changed the flight to today because of shit I had to deal with. Too late.
It’s alright man, nothing you can do about that. It’s very clear you care about your family very much and given the choice you would have been there

Nape

Elite
Founder
It’s alright man, nothing you can do about that. It’s very clear you care about your family very much and given the choice you would have been there
For sure. Me and my boys spent a shit load if time with him over Christmas and it’s important that they remember him as he was then....cognizant, with all of his faculties, and still busting balls. I saw him multiple times since and I’m glad they didn’t see him that way. It’s really amazing how fast it went once it spread. Fuck cancer.

Nape

Elite
Founder
Good thread Nape as always.

Hit me in the feels more than other cooking threads 1) because ots in remembrance of your FIL 2) he name/nickname is Butch 3) my fathers nickname was Butch and I am 12 days out from Him being gone a year
It’s all about the love that we have in our hearts. That is something that can never be taken away. Sorry for your loss, pal.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
For sure. Me and my boys spent a shit load if time with him over Christmas and it’s important that they remember him as he was then....cognizant, with all of his faculties, and still busting balls. I saw him multiple times since and I’m glad they didn’t see him that way. It’s really amazing how fast it went once it spread. Fuck cancer.
Just talked to my Granddad (dad’s dad) a few minutes ago - today is his birthday and he’s 87. I’m very lucky at 34 to have all 4 grandparents still, but my Granddad I talked to today is very special to me. He taught me all about listening, reasoning and logic when I was young. Also got me interested in philosophy and learning in general - he’s already passed on a large portion of his library to me that is my greatest treasure. Dementia has taken his mind now, but it was still very great to talk to him.

Thanks for sharing your heart with us on here. You and several others have really made this feel almost like a family environment on here - it’s really created an incredible community on this forum.

Nape

Elite
Founder
Just talked to my Granddad (dad’s dad) a few minutes ago - today is his birthday and he’s 87. I’m very lucky at 34 to have all 4 grandparents still, but my Granddad I talked to today is very special to me. He taught me all about listening, reasoning and logic when I was young. Also got me interested in philosophy and learning in general - he’s already passed on a large portion of his library to me that is my greatest treasure. Dementia has taken his mind now, but it was still very great to talk to him.

Thanks for sharing your heart with us on here. You and several others have really made this feel almost like a family environment on here - it’s really created an incredible community on this forum.
It’s what we do. If you don’t have family it makes life much more difficult.

My dad is 87 and my mom is 83. He plays golf every day and some days he carries his own sticks. That’s a zest for life that most don’t have and I learned all along the way.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
It’s what we do. If you don’t have family it makes life much more difficult.

My dad is 87 and my mom is 83. He plays golf every day and some days he carries his own sticks. That’s a zest for life that most don’t have and I learned all along the way.
Damn that’s one hell of a spirit!

No doubt on family. I had a rough stint from late teens to mid twenties with drugs and alcohol, but am full blown family man now.

My girls are always hanging with me when I’m not at work. Here they are right now:

1618014949859.jpeg

TJHall1

Legendary

No doubt on family. I had a rough stint from late teens to mid twenties with drugs and alcohol, but am full blown family man now.

My girls are always hanging with me when I’m not at work. Here they are right now:

View attachment 14344
I've got about 15 of them damn bottles, all different characters. Daughter won't let them be thrown away.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I've got about 15 of them damn bottles, all different characters. Daughter won't let them be thrown away.
I know man, we keep stickin them back in the dishwasher, but I know those bottles don’t get cleaned

TJHall1

Legendary
I know man, we keep stickin them back in the dishwasher, but I know those bottles don’t get cleaned
Yep, I know. Doesnt matter. She's 3, she'll cuss me if she sees me trying to throw one away. Fuck it, they don't spill when they tip over and she loves them. I just avoid putting milk in them.

sanction

Legendary
Founder
I grew up eating neck bones. It’s a Deep South tradition.

They like pressure cookers.

Nape

Elite
Founder

View attachment 14344
Beautiful. Here is the entire Chicago fam (July 2019....my 3 nieces are pretty much my daughters as their dad is a coke head and out of their lives...fucking douchebag)
C17B5922-0830-4EDA-BED9-8E646046A3C0.jpeg

Top Bottom