Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1099 form came in last week

thenick_ttu

Elite
Founder
There is an accountant on here, he’s a Texas tech guy can’t remember his name
Yep I’m a CPA and tax guy. The final pay stub you received for 2021 should have all the year to date details of your income and before tax/after tax deductions. The format can vary widely so I can’t tell you exactly what to look for but there should be a box for “taxable wages” or something similar. Those numbers should line up with with the W-2 you received. If you’re still not sure, I’d be happy to take a quick look at your documents (block out your relevant personal info obviously). We can proceed via DM or email if you’d like.

Oler Ted

Elite
Yep I’m a CPA and tax guy. The final pay stub you received for 2021 should have all the year to date details of your income and before tax/after tax deductions. The format can vary widely so I can’t tell you exactly what to look for but there should be a box for “taxable wages” or something similar. Those numbers should line up with with the W-2 you received. If you’re still not sure, I’d be happy to take a quick look at your documents (block out your relevant personal info obviously). We can proceed via DM or email if you’d like.
@yankmenoodle

thenick_ttu

Elite
Founder
Just realized you said 1099. Those are usually sent to independent contractors who are not employees. Your 401k contributions would not have gone through the company. They would normally be done “outside” of the company.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder

Do most CPA's specialize or can you do any type of tax?

Latest posts

Top Bottom