Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

You boys in the defense industry getting freaking paid (link)....

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder
More of the same old talk. Supply Chain and Acquisition policies still hinder anything happening quickly. Requirements creep during Engineer, Manufacturing and Development (EMD) is crushing engineers and the govt doesn't want to pay for the extra.

Industry competing with other software companies is killing talent. Industry can't pay what those engineering houses can pay because DOD doesn't want to pay for the talent, so DOD gets lowest price, technically acceptable that is usually 4-5 years late.

I wish I was getting paid......we are laying off overhead people with no upward mobility over the next few years because of cost reductions.

Oh by the way, if you are an engineer and want to do cool things and make a decent living, let me know, I have a job for you........

MalO

Elite
If he's talking about the mass industrialization like during WW2, that was something called Total War. It's a total economic conversion of a country into the military industrial complex. Everything and everyone contributes to the war effort. No more toy factories. Factories were retooled to make things for the war. Food factories made rations. Hersheys chocolate company made chocolate for soldiers. Actors and actresses toured military bases to entertain soldiers. Hollywood made pro-war propaganda videos. All the peacetime things we take for granted right now won't exist because everything will have to in some way contribute to the war effort.

Not only do I not want that because it's completely unnecessary (we don't need to go to war with anyone right now) but if you're thinking Russia - forget about it. A serious military threat to their mainland will have them emptying their nuclear arsenal on the USA. They have over 5000 nuclear weapons of all shapes and sizes and we simply won't be able to intercept them all. Especially when you factor in super-weapons like the Poseidon tsunami nuke - which is not a creepy pasta. A large enough nuke underwater will create a radioactive tsunami. Especially if they use a cobalt nuke.

The only country it would make sense going into Total War mode over would be China, and again I don't think that's necessary. A limited war with clear objectives would make more sense.

1. Target and destroy China's nuclear sites
2. Destroy China's navy
3. Destroy China's air force

At this point they are contained. What do they have left? One billion angry people with ground weapons. They're on the other side of the ocean and the only place for them to go is through a line of other countries armed with nuclear weapons.

MalO

Elite
We would have to go total war mode if we wanted to conquer China with boots on the ground. That would be incredibly stupid. Insane. Why?

Destroy their toys so they can't threaten us anymore and just leave them to soak in their own shithole country.

But again I don't think we should be talking war. I don't for a moment think Russia or China want to go to war with us. This is all globalist elitists playing games on theri chessboard. They're unhappy because they haven't achieved total world domination yet.

Fuck the globalists.

racernhra

Elite
Founder
If he's talking about the mass industrialization like during WW2, that was something called Total War. It's a total economic conversion of a country into the military industrial complex. Everything and everyone contributes to the war effort. No more toy factories. Factories were retooled to make things for the war. Food factories made rations. Hersheys chocolate company made chocolate for soldiers. Actors and actresses toured military bases to entertain soldiers. Hollywood made pro-war propaganda videos. All the peacetime things we take for granted right now won't exist because everything will have to in some way contribute to the war effort.

Not only do I not want that because it's completely unnecessary (we don't need to go to war with anyone right now) but if you're thinking Russia - forget about it. A serious military threat to their mainland will have them emptying their nuclear arsenal on the USA. They have over 5000 nuclear weapons of all shapes and sizes and we simply won't be able to intercept them all. Especially when you factor in super-weapons like the Poseidon tsunami nuke - which is not a creepy pasta. A large enough nuke underwater will create a radioactive tsunami. Especially if they use a cobalt nuke.

The only country it would make sense going into Total War mode over would be China, and again I don't think that's necessary. A limited war with clear objectives would make more sense.

1. Target and destroy China's nuclear sites
2. Destroy China's navy
3. Destroy China's air force

At this point they are contained. What do they have left? One billion angry people with ground weapons. They're on the other side of the ocean and the only place for them to go is through a line of other countries armed with nuclear weapons.
If we only had a capable leader.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
We can't keep Ukraine supplied with artillery. We have used 15 years of artillery in Ukraine just this year. Obama shut down a couple ammo plants to make ammo more expensive for the sport shooters.... the unintended consequence is that now we can't ramp up artillery production past 17000/month.

Thanks Obama.

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder
More of the same old talk. Supply Chain and Acquisition policies still hinder anything happening quickly. Requirements creep during Engineer, Manufacturing and Development (EMD) is crushing engineers and the govt doesn't want to pay for the extra.

Industry competing with other software companies is killing talent. Industry can't pay what those engineering houses can pay because DOD doesn't want to pay for the talent, so DOD gets lowest price, technically acceptable that is usually 4-5 years late.

I wish I was getting paid......we are laying off overhead people with no upward mobility over the next few years because of cost reductions.

Oh by the way, if you are an engineer and want to do cool things and make a decent living, let me know, I have a job for you........

My daughter is an engineer currently with the USAF. She still an Airman but was selected to work on a special engineering project at the AFB in Trenton NJ.
She did and internship at NG. They offered her a nice job but she opted to get married. Her husband is also AF and they are both stationed in Vegas. She's submitted an officer packet and has made some great contacts so far. She likely going to see where it takes her and as long as she likes what she's doing, she'll stick with it.
She's a Gator, like yourself. We haven't disowned her yet :)

OPD77

Elite
We can't keep Ukraine supplied with artillery. We have used 15 years of artillery in Ukraine just this year. Obama shut down a couple ammo plants to make ammo more expensive for the sport shooters.... the unintended consequence is that now we can't ramp up artillery production past 17000/month.

Thanks Obama.
FIFY

Top Bottom