Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What was the last majorly injury you had

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I had my labrum and rotator cuff surgery last fall. After the few months recovery I was getting stronger and stronger.

A few months back I was doing chest flys with really deep expansion. Something popped in that same arm. I was terrified I had just ruined my shoulder again. Turns out it was “just” a tear to my biceps tendon. Sounds bad, but much less sever than my shoulder problem. I think I’ve almost rehabbed through it though and don’t think I’m gonna need it tied back down through surgery

Rva

Was in the original thread from day one trophy 🏆
Founder
I have a tendency of falling up the stairs, no lie. Generally I try and avoid the stairs altogether. But last week I was going up the stairs at the post office and my left knee shredded. Torn meniscus

They want to send me to PT but I’m too pore
Do you have a dog who bites people, a son who leaves cocaine in your office and a horrible grasp of foreign and domestic policy as well?

Was racking the 85s and went to fart as I was placing them on the rack. Ended up shifting myself a bit which caused me to clench / straighten up. Somehow in the process I got part of the skin on the side of my dick pinched between the rack and the dumbbell as the weight was coming down. The amount of blood was pretty dramatic given the relatively small size of the abrasion.

Moral of the story is don’t lift in boxers.

TheResister

Elite
This is no joke. My last major surgery came because I ignored a hiatal hernia. That was years ago and they used to split you open down the chest to repair the hernia. Now they have laparoscopic surgery (I'm telling you that for a reason.)

Anyway, I ignore the hiatal hernia and begin having serious problems. Then, one day I passed out in the parking lot of where I work when I pulled off steel toed shoes to put on my slip on shoes. The doctor who had been telling me nothing was wrong sent me to do an x ray of my chest. Then all Hell broke loose. The x ray revealed that my stomach was pushed through my chest cavity and covering my heart. All of that had pushed my heart into my transverse colon and into my lung. I was near death. It was ten and a half surgery. It took a heart surgeon - one of the best they could find.

Moral: If you get a hiatal hernia, get the damn thing fixed. Mine was the worst they said they had seen, but it could be you next.

Oler Ted

Elite
This is no joke. My last major surgery came because I ignored a hiatal hernia. That was years ago and they used to split you open down the chest to repair the hernia. Now they have laparoscopic surgery (I'm telling you that for a reason.)

Anyway, I ignore the hiatal hernia and begin having serious problems. Then, one day I passed out in the parking lot of where I work when I pulled off steel toed shoes to put on my slip on shoes. The doctor who had been telling me nothing was wrong sent me to do an x ray of my chest. Then all Hell broke loose. The x ray revealed that my stomach was pushed through my chest cavity and covering my heart. All of that had pushed my heart into my transverse colon and into my lung. I was near death. It was ten and a half surgery. It took a heart surgeon - one of the best they could find.

Moral: If you get a hiatal hernia, get the damn thing fixed. Mine was the worst they said they had seen, but it could be you next.
Wow man, glad you are okay now

Jtrain80

Legendary
I did not need that at all. I will post more details of the incident tomorrow sometime after the Eclipse.

I was 6 yrs old playing shark with my 2 girl cousins my age. We would jump off the bed and run as fast as we could to the living room while a 125 lb Rottweiler chased us. My fat ass didn't make it and the dumb bastard decided to hump me. Horrific!

35 years later they bring it up everytime I see them.

Hate dogs.

TheNJNole

Elite
Founder
Was racking the 85s and went to fart as I was placing them on the rack. Ended up shifting myself a bit which caused me to clench / straighten up. Somehow in the process I got part of the skin on the side of my dick pinched between the rack and the dumbbell as the weight was coming down. The amount of blood was pretty dramatic given the relatively small size of the abrasion.

Moral of the story is don’t lift in boxers.
Bicep curls?

rebar

Elite
My elbow quit working well about a year ago. Started taking molexacam(?) Which helped that and a shit ton of other old man pain. About 6 weeks ago ot came back to my elbow. I already surgery is imminent. I can't extend my left arm out to even grab a plate from the cabinet

I had a major car accident behind two semi trucks in Norfolk, VA in 2014. I was in a rental car in major traffic. It was in the middle of winter in heavy traffic and I hit black ice and hit truck in a head on collision. I was in a coma for a couple weeks and was in severe pain. By time I woke up I was a tooth pick. I found out I was trapped in the car for a long time and my internal organs and mainly my digestive tract was demolished basically so I was unable to consume food at all and were feeding me intravenously for a few months until I could consume real food again.

My knees, lower spine and cervical spine was shattered and the doctors didn't think I would be able to walk again. I also developed severe osteoporosis on top of that.

The worst injury before that was a football injury when I was playing RB in HS and my knee went down to my shins and snapped back up. It ballooned up to the size of a watermelon and they cut my pants off. It took 2 giant syringes to drain all the blood and gunk out of the knee. It took two 500 ml syringes to drain the knee.

I had a major car accident behind two semi trucks in Norfolk, VA in 2014. I was in a rental car in major traffic. It was in the middle of winter in heavy traffic and I hit black ice and hit truck in a head on collision. I was in a coma for a couple weeks and was in severe pain. By time I woke up I was a tooth pick. I found out I was trapped in the car for a long time and my internal organs and mainly my digestive tract was demolished basically so I was unable to consume food at all and were feeding me intravenously for a few months until I could consume real food again.

My knees, lower spine and cervical spine was shattered and the doctors didn't think I would be able to walk again. I also developed severe osteoporosis on top of that.

The worst injury before that was a football injury when I was playing RB in HS and my knee went down to my shins and snapped back up. It ballooned up to the size of a watermelon and they cut my pants off. It took 2 giant syringes to drain all the blood and gunk out of the knee. It took two 500 ml syringes to drain the knee.
Truck wasn’t going fast enough.

TheResister

Elite
I was 6 yrs old playing shark with my 2 girl cousins my age. We would jump off the bed and run as fast as we could to the living room while a 125 lb Rottweiler chased us. My fat ass didn't make it and the dumb bastard decided to hump me. Horrific!

35 years later they bring it up everytime I see them.

Hate dogs.
Did you have any puppies?

TheResister

Elite

You are truly lucky to be alive.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
My elbow quit working well about a year ago. Started taking molexacam(?) Which helped that and a shit ton of other old man pain. About 6 weeks ago ot came back to my elbow. I already surgery is imminent. I can't extend my left arm out to even grab a plate from the cabinet
Are you still taking meloxicam?

rebar

Elite
Are you still taking meloxicam?
Yes. Max dosenitn1 pern24hr is very know my drc25 years. I liednand said my dad's Dr gave him one at night in morning(dad's doctor is topcoat in nation at mus) so my Dr let me take em. My entire body pain is gone. Tendons back neck fingers arthritis fine. That left elbow fires away. Maybe 30 % when awake. Morenwjen asleep. Matterbkf time for surgery

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Yes. Max dosenitn1 pern24hr is very know my drc25 years. I liednand said my dad's Dr gave him one at night in morning(dad's doctor is topcoat in nation at mus) so my Dr let me take em. My entire body pain is gone. Tendons back neck fingers arthritis fine. That left elbow fires away. Maybe 30 % when awake. Morenwjen asleep. Matterbkf time for surgery
I was prescribed meloxicam for the injury i mentioned earlier in this thread.

It was life changing, but the problem is it started to give me bad acid reflux

Latest posts

Top Bottom