Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What do you to to prepare for a divorce?

Pfft

Poster
Get super conservative with your retirement account. Value will be determined on date of legal separation. Learn from me, in August of 2000 (near market top) we filed. The market fell about 40% between that time and our divorce date, 18 months later. She got 50%, so between the divorce and market drop, my retirement account was basically wiped out. I should have gone to cash in August of 2000.

Get her off as a beneficiary for insurance and retirement accounts, post haste.

ncin29

Poster
Founder
Well, you change cell plans because she can pull your text details and pics. You fire the babysitter immediately, you ship the maid back to central america, and you pull out more until the papers are signed.

Every joint account you have either change to dual signature or take out half the cash and put into your personal account.

Cancel all credit cards in both your names and pay off all outstanding balances.

pay down as much debt as you can on all debt you have, excluding house.

defer all compensation you can for as long as you can.

buy a new car and loan out as much as you can on it.

liquidate all investment accounts including your 401k

Put every asset you and your wife have in a limited partnership with you as a limited partner and a shell LLC with only you as the manager as the general partner. Make a buy sell provision to trigger only on death or any limited partner subject to divorce. Set buy out value based on third party appraiser of partnership interest fair market value.

then loan yourself, not your wife enough money to survive the next year at prime interest rate from the limited partnership.

this isn’t legal advice and I’m idiot. Ask anybody.

but fuck that bitch. Divorce is war. Play to win

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
Every joint account you have either change to dual signature or take out half the cash and put into your personal account.

Cancel all credit cards in both your names and pay off all outstanding balances.

Put every asset you and your wife have in a limited partnership with you as a limited partner and a shell LLC with only you as the manager as the general partner. Make a buy sell provision to trigger only on death or any limited partner subject to divorce. Set buy out value based on third party appraiser of partnership interest fair market value.

then loan yourself, not your wife enough money to survive the next year at prime interest rate from the limited partnership.

Jameis Christ marriage and divorce doesn’t sound fun. I’m used to all of the “best friend” talk on tMB.

Jameis Christ marriage and divorce doesn’t sound fun. I’m used to all of the “best friend” talk on tMB.
My wife and I keep separate finances. I pay for almost all necessities. She makes over 100k a year and spends it on groceries, maid, diapers, kids clothes, toys, then literally every other dime on whatever she wants.

but when I bought my 911 this year. Not a word.
Balance is key. And understanding that life like marriage is misery. It’s about lessening the misery.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
My wife and I keep separate finances. I pay for almost all necessities. She makes over 100k a year and spends it on groceries, maid, diapers, kids clothes, toys, then literally every other dime on whatever she wants.

Balance is key. And understanding that life like marriage is misery. It’s about lessening the misery.

Nice advice. On the more important note, which 911? Favorite to this day is either the 993 or 964.

skramer100

Elite
Founder
Heard from other threads but schedule an appointment with all the good divorce lawyers in your area. If you just meet with them wife can't use them at all.

Bang your secretary as well.

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
Heard from other threads but schedule an appointment with all the good divorce lawyers in your area. If you just meet with them wife can't use them at all.

Bang your secretary as well.

You have to actually put the attorneys on retainer, but it is worth it

CMTiger15

Poster
Founder

This is exactly how we do things and we get along pretty good and sometimes she even lets me play with her undercarriage.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

Yeah some good ideas here.

I saw a Reddit post years ago about how a guy reduced his hours at work claiming medical leave for depression and just did whatever he could over the next year to make ends meet. Drug out the process as long as possible so when they finally got to court his alimony (I think that's the term - whatever it is you pay your partner based off your income) was basically nothing

Yeah some good ideas here.

I saw a Reddit post years ago about how a guy reduced his hours at work claiming medical leave for depression and just did whatever he could over the next year to make ends meet. Drug out the process as long as possible so when they finally got to court his alimony (I think that's the term - whatever it is you pay your partner based off your income
This is more about who has control over assets and expectation of income. If something isn’t freely marketable or fungible the value is taken at a discount. Further, as the GP is not forced to make distributions under my scenario there is also a discount in valuation.

with the goal being to buy out your wife’s community property interest in your assets at the lowest price possible.

yankmenoodle

Elite
The wife is unreasonable and pursuing a divorce.
Get the book "Love and Respect" by Emerson Eggerichs. Try to get your wife to read it also. This book honestly saved my marriage.
If reading it doesn't work, get the person you love and trust more than anyone else on earth, and let them make every decision regarding the divorce for you.

Last edited:
Scouar your area for the skankiest, skank ass, meth riddled hooker you can find. Pay her $5 to masturbate with your wife's vibrator/dildo. Double down, twice. Put that shit under a low heat source like a lamp. Sneak it back to where ever she usually hides it.

I mean if you live in a touristy area like Savannah, Nola, Charleston, double down and drag it and submerge that bad boy in a sewer grate outside a popular bar at 3 am.

Then rehide it.

Whiskey&Weed

Poster
Founder
Take out a bunch of prop bets for the 2025 NBA season and ask the sports book to give you odds on the Boston Celtics winning 10 games.

Top Bottom