Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What do you do for a living?

BamaRidger

Legendary
Founder
Good to know I got an insulation guy now. My house is pretty well insulated but Maybe I can come up with something so we can hang out.
Me and @sbisteve are semi-planning to hook up soon to go to Cullman to meet his trailer house video cousin (see video below) for lunch. I had to make sure he survived his snake hunt to set a firm date.
Let me know if you are interested in attending.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
I sell sleep.

in sales with Tempur-Sealy
That is a crazy business, had a buddy that ran a Bedzexpress and made 6 figures. He would have 5-6 prepaid visa in his wallet at any given time worth $5-10k each. He got paid about $40k a yeah for the job but all the mattress companies would drop a direct commission to one of his prepaid when he sold one.

I asked him who buys all those mattresses and he was like look out the window, see every person in every car out there driving by. Well they all sleep on a mattress.

BamaRidger

Legendary
Founder
My career path.
Dirt poor farm boy
Machinist
Tool & Die maker
Tool Engineer
Buyer of a lot of automotive stuff like micros, chipsets, and printed circuit boards.
Senior buyer buying all radios and navigation systems for one of the big 3 auto guys.
Retired

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Professional assassin.
3b5e304d0781d57c410b4a715e272e1608cacc6bfb66cdb2aff35a177ec452ad.jpg

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder
That is a crazy business, had a buddy that ran a Bedzexpress and made 6 figures. He would have 5-6 prepaid visa in his wallet at any given time worth $5-10k each. He got paid about $40k a yeah for the job but all the mattress companies would drop a direct commission to one of his prepaid when he sold one.

I asked him who buys all those mattresses and he was like look out the window, see every person in every car out there driving by. Well they all sleep on a mattress.

Familiar with BE. Yes most brands have spiff rewards cards that pay an incentive. Depending on cost, sometimes as much as $200 a bed. And that's on top of their salary and commission they get paid by the retailer.
Mattress Firm last year had over 800 $1M writers. If you don't discount heavily to close the sale, you are clearing six figures a year. Not bad for babysitting furniture.

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
Jack of many trades

Currently have my own real estate brokerage & appraisal company. Also farm about 120 acres of pecans & help manage 2 family farms.

Still hold a land surveyors license though I sold that business about 7 years ago & no longer practice.

Looking forward to laying most of it down & concentrating on the farms in the next decade.

Latest posts

Top Bottom