Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What are some of you guys good appetizer recipes for gatherings? (Super Bowl, etc) (slightly NSFW)

Long cat

Elite
My new go-to is Buffalo chicken dip right on the Frank's Wing Sauce label.
I do buffalo chicken dip. Not sure what franks says, but I put in two blocks of cream cheese, two cups shredded cheddar, usually canned shredded chicken (~12oz?), half a cup of ranch and buffalo sauce to taste, usually about a cup for me. Makes for a delicious and healthy snack.

edit - this is basically the publix buffalo chicken dip as far as I can taste.

RaleighTiger

Poster
Founder
I do buffalo chicken dip. Not sure what franks says, but I put in two blocks of cream cheese, two cups shredded cheddar, usually canned shredded chicken (~12oz?), half a cup of ranch and buffalo sauce to taste, usually about a cup for me. Makes for a delicious and healthy snack.

edit - this is basically the publix buffalo chicken dip as far as I can taste.
Franks is pretty much the same ingredients. I usually throw some chicken breasts in the crock pot for a couple hours, then shred it.

tsumatt06

Poster
The aluminum board isn’t the MB. The aluminum board is a house of learned doctors. Here’s the recipe. @tsumatt06

Went and bought supplies this weekend. Doing them Saturday instead of Sunday, though. Grandmother's 92nd bday at our house, so we're doing a few bangers:
-Brisket(doy)
-Armadillo Eggs
-Buffalo Chicken Dip
-Salad(eww. But we're doing the recipe from Babe's Chicken)
-Jerky dusted smoked Mac N Cheese
-Red Velvet Cake(not that boxed bullshit, that's a sin according to my old lady)

Will submit photographical offerings to the thread of Learned Doctors.

ImaginativeThirstyArctichare-size_restricted.gif

Dudeness

Poster
Jalepeno wontons

Sidebar - anyone else get irrationally angry with all these bitches' recipe sites? I dont give a shit about your story. give me the recipe and shut up.

Yep00

Poster
Did those last year. They were gone before kickoff.
It seems that I can never make enough of those.

I'll also make Hanky Panks (what my mom called them).
1lb sausage
1lb burger
Jar of cheese whiz
Garlic powder (I think)
Pack of sour dough bread (small slices that are almost bite size, Pepperidge farm)

Brown up sausage, burger, then mix in cheese whiz and garlic powder. Scoop spoon full on the little breads and bake in the oven to crisp up a bit... you can't eat just one.

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
You slice all your jalapeños in half and clean out the seeds and guts. Then you make your mixture of cream cheese, sharp cheddar shredded, bacon (I use hormel precooked bacon pieces), pepper, garlic powder, chives. You then load the mixture into the jalapeño "boats" and top with lots of panko crumbs. In the oven for 20 mins and then plow. I fucking love those things. Will find recipe if you want.
My dad and step-mom make these, but use Banana peppers instead. They are delicious.

My wife makes a simple cheese ball that's a hit where ever she takes it. Think this is the recipe.

STL_22

Poster
Chip dip

Layer of Cream cheese, then layer of chili, then layer of salsa, then layer of shredded cheddar. Bake for an hour or so at like 275.

It’s simple but I haven’t taken it anywhere without it being the favorite dip.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Not a recipe per se but if you want to make some of your fried stuff have a different take then try using jiffy mix corn bread mix in the breading.

It adds a bit of sweet and crunchy. My chicken wings got better reviews just adding this to my breading.

Mello Yello

( . )( . )
Founder

d-tiger45

I run shit around here
Founder
Crock pot:
brown 1lb sausage.
One can of rotel
1lb velveeta
Half block cream cheese.

seeve with Fritos scoops