Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Welp, bought the kids a puppy from a stranger in a car.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
We’ll see how it works out. It’s somewhere between four and six weeks - breed of peace (female). Had no intention of doing this when we woke up, but we’ve always loved animals and how can you say no to little girls when a little puppy is offered.

1618066500764.jpeg

Jtrain80

Legendary
Good job Dad.

Cell reception is the greatest in west texas, you might all of a sudden 10 texts.

One day, my phone started blowing up.

It was the wife asking if she could get a cat, telling me she was getting a cat, then pictures of said cat. Guess that settled that.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
So as you would expect, buying a pup from a random stranger doesn’t always lead to the best circumstances, but I think we will be good:

She had good energy when we got home, but she is tiny. As soon as she tried to eat, her demeanor started going down. Diarrhea and she threw up and started to get real groggy.

Took her to the vet and I could tell they were worried. She came up negative for parvo, which is a huge relief, but has a bad case of worms. They estimated she’s only fours weeks and should be with her mom still, but it’s not a hopeless situation.

The biggest immediate concern is her body temp was 98 and a pup needs to be at 102. So they gave her a dewormer and our main concern the next few days is to keep her snuggled up and warm.

Eazyhawk

Elite
We’ll see how it works out. It’s somewhere between four and six weeks - breed of peace (female). Had no intention of doing this when we woke up, but we’ve always loved animals and how can you say no to little girls when a little puppy is offered.

View attachment 14419
What he didn't tell y'all is that he bought an economy size peanut butter for him and the puppy.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
So as you would expect, buying a pup from a random stranger doesn’t always lead to the best circumstances, but I think we will be good:

She had good energy when we got home, but she is tiny. As soon as she tried to eat, her demeanor started going down. Diarrhea and she threw up and started to get real groggy.

Took her to the vet and I could tell they were worried. She came up negative for parvo, which is a huge relief, but has a bad case of worms. They estimated she’s only fours weeks and should be with her mom still, but it’s not a hopeless situation.

The biggest immediate concern is her body temp was 98 and a pup needs to be at 102. So they gave her a dewormer and our main concern the next few days is to keep her snuggled up and warm.
we had to bottle feed a litter one time, the two we kept ended up being spoiled rotten dogs lol

RonwellQuincyDobbs

MAGA Pinja Anon
Founder
Good job Dad.

Cell reception is the greatest in west texas, you might all of a sudden 10 texts.

One day, my phone started blowing up.

It was the wife asking if she could get a cat, telling me she was getting a cat, then pictures of said cat. Guess that settled that.

Night before my HS graduation in 2000, a former friend and former ex-gf and I went to Pineville to go shopping and eat dinner. After we finished dinner, I called my weed man to see if he was good or not...No go, gonna be a few days. So, I had the $50 for the half just sitting there to be wasted on something. We leave the Texas Roadhouse(may have been Longhorn) and are heading home when I see a Blazer sitting at a bank parking lot with a dog kennel out so I said let's go see those puppies. They had a bunch of chows, which I want no part of after being attacked by one as a kid, and one Australian Blue Healer mix...Fell in love with him instantly! My folks were out of town so I called my sisters and asked what they thought my folks would say if they came home to another dog. We had just got a Lab/Shepherd mix about 2 months before that. Both sisters said they thought it was a terrible idea and my parents would be furious with me! So, naturally, I bought Chipper for $50 fucking bucks!🤷‍♂️ Chipper and Smokey, his brothafrom another motha) were same damn good boys...They made it to 14(Smokey) and 15(Chipper) years old. Last dogs that were "mine" and I miss the shit out of them! Those dogs partied harder than most humans😎 Excuse the terrible quality, these pictures were taken back in 2002 and they're the only I could find right now.

FB_IMG_1618120975987.jpg

RonwellQuincyDobbs

MAGA Pinja Anon
Founder
I also helped two different friends raise a whole bunch of pits back in the day! Total of 30 over several years with 5 different mothers and the one dad...Who happened to one of the best dogs I've ever been around. Dude was a 125 ,pound lap dog that would smile on command. Of all 30 pups, 28 were local-ish and we knew exactly who they lived with and got to see and love those dogs until their times were called. 2 out of state sales...We vetted them the best we could, for back in those days, and both families seemed to be more than capable of providing great homes. Here's a collage of one of the litters.
InShot_20210411_021728524.jpg

Old Glory

Legendary
Founder
White trash checking in. We've had them since they were pups and they have been great with our almost 3 year old son.

Went through the worms thing with the gray one but at an old stage. Came downstairs to find worms thrown up everywhere, still crawling around. That was one of the more disgusting things I've cleaned up.
Trooper.jpgRoyal.jpg

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Well it’s been tough getting though the puppy stage, but we almost got her disciplined. I can keep her outside with me outside the fence and she doesn’t run off. She’s a good girl, still needs a little work. Got plenty of growing left too
Ah so you got her #bloatmaxxing too I see.

mrt

Elite
Both the dogs are lucky and I'm sure they will have a happy loving safe life. My last child is gone now for 14 months. I brought it home from work after her brothers started getting slaughtered in front of the job site. I was trying hard not to bring any pups home but the little dog I chose was born deaf and needed special love and home. I miss the dog very much but at 73 and in bad health I don't want to have one for a couple years then leave it to the abuse that would follow so she was the last.

Top Bottom