Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

We have gators 🐊 in north Alabama now

TJHall1

Legendary
giphy.webp

TJHall1

Legendary
Fuck. I keep wondering if a species shows up somewhere unexpected and it doesn't have a "season" if that means its free game?
It is. Except in Alabama you have to have a license, and I believe register for a tag well beforehand as they are limited for gaduhs. There are quite a few in southern Alabama aren't there?

There was a big hubub in Iowa over this same thing years ago because someone shot a mountain lion. No season so he was free to blast it, it just upset a bunch of people.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Just be careful with your dogs. I love Alligators, I do but if they took just one of my dogs my entire life would be spent on killing as many of them as
I could
In our neighborhood at the beach …. We often see “missing” posters for white fluffy dogs. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but fluffy was a gator snack

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
It is. Except in Alabama you have to have a license, and I believe register for a tag well beforehand as they are limited for gaduhs. There are quite a few in southern Alabama aren't there?

There was a big hubub in Iowa over this same thing years ago because someone shot a mountain lion. No season so he was free to blast it, it just upset a bunch of people.
On your land it's yours.

TJHall1

Legendary
On your land it's yours.
Definitely not true. You can't go shooting 30 deer just because they're out in your field out of season. I mean, really???

Obviously not a land owner.

The only time you can do that is for nuisance animals, like coyotes or feral hogs. You can't just go killing gaduhs in your pond out of season, or deer on your farmland, or pheasants in your ditch.

Last edited:

flyerjeff

Poster
Founder
You'd kill a shit ton of alligators because you let one eat your dog??
Yes. But to probably answer your question I would say no. I would never walk my dogs or take them to a spot where an attack is likely. Meaning would never walk them next to the water source or take to an area off a leash with water sources.

So if In the unlikely event one of my dogs did get taken, I would retaliate with extreme prejudice. My dogs are my kids. My dogs are why I’m alive today and didn’t blow my brains out when I was stationed on Clovis NM.

I get when people say this animal is just acting naturally well so would I be.

TJHall1

Legendary
In our neighborhood at the beach …. We often see “missing” posters for white fluffy dogs. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but fluffy was a gator snack
I don't understand people who allow their pets in areas where they know they might get eaten. No experience with gaduhs but I wouldn't leave my dog out to wander a pasture when I can hear a pack of yotes in the area, because I'm not retarded.

TJHall1

Legendary
Yes. But to probably answer your question I would say no. I would never walk my dogs or take them to a spot where an attack is likely. Meaning would never walk them next to the water source or take to an area off a leash with water sources.

So if In the unlikely event one of my dogs did get taken, I would retaliate with extreme prejudice. My dogs are my kids. My dogs are why I’m alive today and didn’t blow my brains out when I was stationed on Clovis NM.

I get when people say this animal is just acting naturally well so would I be.
I understand what you're saying, but it's still ridiculous. And I don't think the 'natural" reaction to having a pet killed is to kill off every animal you see of that species. But to each their own.

Cletusnow

Made the run from Texarkana to Atlanta
Founder
Just a second thought on this. Say I owned 200 acres farm land. From April to November there could be some 1000s of deer that cross that land in that time span, out of season. You thought it would be legal for me to harvest each one?? Hahahaha I think the DNR might frown upon that.
Fuck the gubment!

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
Definitely not true. You can't go shooting 30 deer just because they're out in your field out of season. I mean, really???

The only time you can do that is for nuisance animals, like coyotes or feral hogs. You can't just go killing gaduhs in your pond out of season, or deer on your farmland, or pheasants in your ditch.
I'd say you killed my dog that's a nuisance. I'll kill you if your a nuisance on my land and feed you to that cute little gaduh.

Last edited:

PleasureMoose

Legendary

coyotes are the only thing I've hunt now for the last 4 or so years... its so much damn fun and thrilling! me and my buddies just kick back on the side-by-side with our calls..drink bourbon and mow them down with AR's

if anyone gets the opportunity to go coyote hunting they should go... best hunt there is

TJHall1

Legendary
coyotes are the only thing I've hunt now for the last 4 or so years... its so much damn fun and thrilling! me and my buddies just kick back on the side-by-side with our calls..drink bourbon and mow them down with AR's

if anyone gets the opportunity to go coyote hunting they should go... best hunt there is
They did a reward up here years ago because they were so bad. Just had to turn the paws in to the county. Numbers dropped real fast.

PleasureMoose

Legendary
Just be careful with your dogs. I love Alligators, I do but if they took just one of my dogs my entire life would be spent on killing as many of them as
I could
depending on the size of the dog what if a bald eagle swooped down and picked up your dog and carried it away to feast on..would your entire life be spent on killing bald eagles?

flyerjeff

Poster
Founder
depending on the size of the dog what if a bald eagle swooped down and picked up your dog and carried it away to feast on..would your entire life be spent on killing bald eagles?
Great question and unfairly gonna say no. Had to stop and think why and I think because of the idea or hearing/seeing numerous Gator on dog attacks is the divide. I’m not positive but that’s what it seems like

Jtrain80

Legendary

The fuck you can't.

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
Just a second thought on this. Say I owned 200 acres farm land. From April to November there could be some 1000s of deer that cross that land in that time span, out of season. You thought it would be legal for me to harvest each one?? Hahahaha I think the DNR might frown upon that.
yup. but you'd be a retard to do it. You have prime hunting grounds. Lease it out.

TJHall1

Legendary
It's not illegal to harvest wild animals on your own land. Not best wildlife management practice, but not illegal.
Uhhhh, it 100% is. For fucks sake, are some of you retarded??? The only animals you can shoot are designated nuisance animals on your land. Do you honestly think it's legal for me to harvest 500 deer if they were on my farm land? Jfc use your brain.

Or if you don't know the laws and are making retarded claims like you are at least use Google before you make yourself look like an idiot.

Top Bottom