Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

We got us a guns and ammo thread in here yet?

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
raw

I'm well stocked, but always looking for more if a good deal comes up. Guess this can be our official thread.

Finn

Poster

Snowman

Poster
What is everyone’s long range rifle? About a year ago I found a new Remington 700 .308 for $199. It had a dorky looking synthetic ”wood“ stock. I added the Magpul stock and now have a very cheap rifle that’s fun to shoot. You can see it below. I want to get a nice 6.5 Creedmoor. I’m looking at a SIG Cross. Anyone have any recommendations?1930F6F4-53FA-4264-B3B7-25452D680074.jpeg

Last edited:

BlueinTx

Lurker
Just got a Beretta M 1301 Tactical 12ga a few days ago. Had been on waitlists for months. Now shopping for a few accessories. Haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet...

J131P18-2.jpg

What is everyone’s long range rifle? About a year ago I found a new Remington 700 .308 for $199. It had a dorky looking synthetic ”wood“ stock. I added the Magpul stock and now have a very cheap rifle that’s fun to shoot. You can see it below. I want to get a nice 6.5 Creedmoor. I’m looking at a SIG Cross. Anyone have any recommendations?View attachment 233

I have a 20" barrel LWRC REPR. No idea if it's still considered a good rifle, but I have a Nightforce FFP on it, as well as a can for it.

I have a few Knight's Armament SR-15s, and really want to pick up an SR-25.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
I’m not the newbie but you guys are way smarter than I am. A great friends wife wants a home defense weapon. I’ve seen her shoot. She can’t throw a football out of my boat and hit the water. What’s a good spread close range shotgun of sorts? Not crazy expensive.

Her husband, my good friend leaves all of the time for work.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I’m not the newbie but you guys are way smarter than I am. A great friends wife wants a home defense weapon. I’ve seen her shoot. She can’t throw a football out of my boat and hit the water. What’s a good spread close range shotgun of sorts? Not crazy expensive.

A shotgun or long gun of some type seems like a good option for her, but at self defense ranges, there is going to be almost no spread from a load of buckshot. That said, any semi-auto 20g, or an AR or even pistol caliber carbine would probably serve her well. Then she needs training. Sorry I don't have better recs, but she really needs to get what SHE feels comfortable with in HER hands, and there are countless good options.

RHT 3

Elite

Get her a .20 gauge shotgun with a 18" barrel. 00 buckshot.

Easier to handle than a 12 gauge and still brings a lot of death. Especially inside a 50 ft distance like a house.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Grew up a hunting birds mostly and most of my gun experience is with shotguns. Have shot other guns over the years, including my Dads AR-15 for our hog problem on the farm. Anyway, after recent events I would like to get my own AR-15, so my question is am I too late? Are there any left available to buy if I go to the store? and how about Ammo? Had a friend buy a couple Ar-15's and last i spoke with him he couldn't find ammo. Figure you guys in this thread will be a good resource for answers. Thinking about going over to the local armory to check things out after work today.

RHT 3

Elite
Grew up a hunting birds mostly and most of my gun experience is with shotguns. Have shot other guns over the years, including my Dads AR-15 for our hog problem on the farm. Anyway, after recent events I would like to get my own AR-15, so my question is am I too late? Are there any left available to buy if I go to the store? and how about Ammo? Had a friend buy a couple Ar-15's and last i spoke with him he couldn't find ammo. Figure you guys in this thread will be a good resource for answers. Thinking about going over to the local armory to check things out after work today.

Good luck. There are guns 4 sale but they are the higher priced ( and quality) brands.

Ammo is the hurdle. Try to find an online forum in your area that sells guns and ammo.

It ain't in any store.

scanodd

Poster
Founder
If you want a good battle rifle in .308/ 7.62 my friend suggests the Galil Ace. ( I own zero guns).

Has more of a rolling recoil and is not bad at all. Very loud though .

Eats any ammo available, never gets hot, and brings way more pain than a 5.56.

According to my friend.
I used to have an HK-91, loved that gun.

1616801892318.png

Nas

Poster
We need this thread back on the first page!
Thinking about getting a Barretta 92FS.
Anyone have one/any experience with one?
It's a good gun. It has an external hammer so that is a disadvantage. Very smooth large gun. There are better options out there for the money.

TriggerHappyJack

Random Average Guy
Founder
It's a good gun. It has an external hammer so that is a disadvantage. Very smooth large gun. There are better options out there for the money.
Thanks for the info. Just watched Hickok45’s review of it. Said pretty much the same thing as well.
Just getting the itch for something new!

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
iu

Put this 6.8spc upper on one of older ARs. I really like it and am looking forward to see the distance on it now that it's warming up.

Red'75™

Poster
Founder
Thanks for the info. Just watched Hickok45’s review of it. Said pretty much the same thing as well.
Just getting the itch for something new!
I would have to agree here I had a 92FS years ago. It was a fun one to shoot and looked great but for the cabbage, you can get a lot more bang for your buck. Pun intended.

Top Bottom