Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Support our Community

We're proud to offer an ad-free experience and valuable content thanks to the support of our TFSF members. If you enjoy what we do and want to help us continue providing the best experience, consider joining our Patreon

For $15 a month, you can help us cover costs, support growth, and ensure we keep having fun!

Your support makes a difference. Thank you!

Was America founded on Christian Principles?

TheResister

Elite
See page: 9 of 14, but by all means read the whole thing.....

https://media.websitecdn.net/sites/727/20220929170123/prayerofreleasefreemason.pdf

then see:

www.biblegateway.com

BibleGateway - Keyword Search: abaddon

www.biblegateway.com
www.biblegateway.com

who is Abaddon and what is the bottomless pit?

then see:

www.biblegateway.com

BibleGateway - Keyword Search: bottomless pit

www.biblegateway.com
www.biblegateway.com

and

www.biblegateway.com

Bible Gateway passage: Revelation 20:1-3 - King James Version

And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal...

www.biblegateway.com
www.biblegateway.com

NOW.........how can the founders of a country, that form its values on Christianity, use a secret password of "the Devil" "Satan" "abaddon". Does that make any sense. Sure lets found a country on our supreme enemy. Jesus Christ?

Why, knowing that to acheive the highest level of Freemasonry (which MANY of the FFs were)......you have to renounce Jesus Christ? If that status is acheived, then you cannot and would not make anything in the image of anything other than the devil.
Great balls of freaking fire! You have yapped and yapped on and on about Revelation 9: 11. Now, I'm going to read your links, but you're accepting someone's opinion and implying that Bible Gateway has a monopoly on the truth. WTH, dude? Your opinion is the truth... why? Because you are in the company of atheists and those who don't give a shit? LMFAO.

Of course you will find some novel way to marginalize this, but the Masons DISAGREE with you:

At the top end maybe, and that's giving you a couple of members, you're talking a dozen people out of 56 and then not all of them knew enough about Masonry to have been instructed in the craft. Secondary to that you give the other founders NO credit for the Christian symbols.

Next, you completely ignore the fact that Jesus used a lot of evil people to achieve a righteous outcome. All you do is yap on about Revelation 9: 11 and you bitch at me about arguing from a position of power, but rarely do you tell us what in the name of good common sense you're talking about.

If people want to know what I think relative to this, they can find the thread,. I have no intention of debating this with you here when there are people I have on ignore apparently talking shit that I'm not interested in. Too many here will be posting TLDR because this is not the forum for honest debate. I will address your issue in that link you left because it is a serious discussion, not a freaking popularity contest to see how many nonbelievers will agree with your uneducated bullshit.

TheResister

Elite
@TheResister

If you look at our conversation on your forum, I asked a few simple questions. None of which had any credible answer near to any truth or fact that could refute the implication of the question.

Attacks are all you have, and bullshit.
I answered your questions, liar. But, that link above will be ongoing. If your cryptic questions haven't been answered, they will be. Hell you're wrong on so many levels that it requires addressing every book in the Bible just to guess at what the Hell kind of answer you want.

You have a question? Spit it out in plain English. One verse out of the Bible doesn't get to what YOU want to know.

You seem to be the one parroting "half truths" or quite simply utter ignorance, you can't even stay on the topic without going off on tangents that have any bearing to the actual question of the OP.
Seems to be the norm with @TheResister, and two others who post in a very similar fashion. Sometimes it seems as though he is in many places at once.
Democracy empowers those who have a problem with FACTS.
No, a corrupt democracy does thats

TheResister

Elite
Seems to be the norm with @TheResister, and two others who post in a very similar fashion. Sometimes it seems as though he is in many places at once.

No, a corrupt democracy does thats
Democracy is corrupt at its core.

I wasn't able to understand the balance of your post. I'm not everywhere at one time. I'm the same Resister here and on Resisters Forum. I did make a couple of posts on Curious Fiend's board, but that is the extent of my Internet presence.

The other Resisters with blogs who are behind USResisters.com are different people than I. I am a part of that effort, just not the only Resister in America; I'm just the only one in that organization that exclusively uses that name on discussion boards.

My opinion is not the issue. You simply cannot address FACTS. Facts don't give a damn whose feelings they hurt. You're trying to debate the issue here for a reason. Democracy empowers those who have a problem with FACTS.
OK, the fact is............. I have to draw it out with crayon:

1.)USA was founded by among highest members of Freemasonry and its accompanying parties and groups =100% truth
2.) Capitol architecture is masonic=100% truth
3.) The Jefferson Bible Omits Jesus and the resurrection=100% truth
4.) Masonic full mastery requires omission of any belief in Jesus specifically.
5.) The 1st Amendment limits the government to respecting ANY religion.

these are just a few

Please refute these statements above.

TheResister

Elite
OK, the fact is............. I have to draw it out with crayon:

1.)USA was founded by among highest members of Freemasonry and its accompanying parties and groups =100% truth
2.) Capitol architecture is masonic=100% truth
3.) The Jefferson Bible Omits Jesus and the resurrection=100% truth
4.) Masonic full mastery requires omission of any belief in Jesus specifically.
5.) The 1st Amendment limits the government to respecting ANY religion.

these are just a few

Please refute these statements above.

1) The majority of the founders that were Masons were NOT high ranking Masons. I've already proven that in this thread. Read the freaking links

2) One building establishes that the whole damn country is Masonic? What in Hell are you smoking? Serious Colombian?

3) Thomas Jefferson is one man that played to a Christian crowd though he was not mainstream. He even identified as being Christian. How many dumb asses today believe that Trump is a Christian?

4) Your number 4 complaint is non-responsive with relation to the topic since most state constitutions of the founding period required political office holders to swear an oath that they believed in a Christian God. The Delaware Constitution of 1776 provides:

ART. 22. Every person who shall be chosen a member of either house, or appointed to any office or place of trust, before taking his seat, or entering upon the execution of his office, shall take the following oath, or affirmation, if conscientiously scrupulous of taking an oath, to wit:

" I, A B. will bear true allegiance to the Delaware State, submit to its constitution and laws, and do no act wittingly whereby the freedom thereof may be prejudiced."

And also make and subscribe the following declaration, to wit:

" I, A B. do profess faith in God the Father, and in Jesus Christ His only Son, and in the Holy Ghost, one God, blessed for evermore; and I do acknowledge the holy scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be given by divine inspiration
."

Do you want me to quote all the Charters leading up to the state constitutions? How many state constitutions do you want me to cite?

5) The First Amendment guarantees the Right to Freedom of Religion; it has nothing to do with the principles upon which the Republic rests. You are arguing FORM of government. We are a constitutional Republic, NOT a Democracy and NOT a theocracy. See Article IV Section 4 of the Constitution.

So, visit the link you started off with. Your questions have been answered. You just haven't learned how to read NOR how to accept the truth that I'm dealing with FACTS, not my opinion. The Charters and state constitutions are not my opinion, sir. They are FACT. AND since you are struggling for examples, I will include the Christian symbols found in our nation's founding history.

1) The majority of the founders that were Masons were NOT high ranking Masons. I've already proven that in this thread. Read the freaking links

2) One building establishes that the whole damn country is Masonic? What in Hell are you smoking? Serious Colombian?

3) Thomas Jefferson is one man that played to a Christian crowd though he was not mainstream. He even identified as being Christian. How many dumb asses today believe that Trump is a Christian?

4) Your number 4 complaint is non-responsive with relation to the topic since most state constitutions of the founding period required political office holders to swear an oath that they believed in a Christian God. The Delaware Constitution of 1776 provides:

ART. 22. Every person who shall be chosen a member of either house, or appointed to any office or place of trust, before taking his seat, or entering upon the execution of his office, shall take the following oath, or affirmation, if conscientiously scrupulous of taking an oath, to wit:

" I, A B. will bear true allegiance to the Delaware State, submit to its constitution and laws, and do no act wittingly whereby the freedom thereof may be prejudiced."

And also make and subscribe the following declaration, to wit:

" I, A B. do profess faith in God the Father, and in Jesus Christ His only Son, and in the Holy Ghost, one God, blessed for evermore; and I do acknowledge the holy scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be given by divine inspiration
."

Do you want me to quote all the Charters leading up to the state constitutions? How many state constitutions do you want me to cite?

5) The First Amendment guarantees the Right to Freedom of Religion; it has nothing to do with the principles upon which the Republic rests. You are arguing FORM of government. We are a constitutional Republic, NOT a Democracy and NOT a theocracy. See Article IV Section 4 of the Constitution.

So, visit the link you started off with. Your questions have been answered. You just haven't learned how to read NOR how to accept the truth that I'm dealing with FACTS, not my opinion. The Charters and state constitutions are not my opinion, sir. They are FACT. AND since you are struggling for examples, I will include the Christian symbols found in our nation's founding history.
1.) never said they were ALL masons, they ALL dont have to be, just the most important ones, which they were...point stands

2.) it is WAY more than just one building.....point stands

3.) Jefferson Bible omits Jesus and miracles.........point stands

4.) "A CHRISTIAN GOD" ? In order to become a mason you must believe in "A GOD"

5.) MOOT point. whether it is granted or limiting, it does not promote Christianity, which was my point, you are getting of track.

Let some others chime in

1.) never said they were ALL masons, they ALL dont have to be, just the most important ones, which they were...point stands

5.) MOOT point. whether it is granted or limiting, it does not promote Christianity, which was my point, you are getting of track.

Let some others chime in
Many were masons as you accurately stated. The masons were formed as a professional economic organization dealing with the construction of cathedrals.

TheResister

Elite

Let some others chime in

The fed agrees with you. I told you I won't debate you here. NOBODY on this thread gives a shit save of the atheists and you are here for the accolades. The link you gave has internal links and all your points are destroyed... Hell I just destroyed your points, but you're too damn stupid to realize it.

Tell you what: If Trump beats Biden in the electoral college by a more than two thirds majority, if even ONE swinging dick liking your posts calls that "many" people voting for Biden you can have the win. You and I know what that would be.

I haven't even brought out the big guns out. I don't want them to get drowned out by all the troll posts and I don't give a shit kind of posts that clog up this site. Stay tuned this week.

TheResister

Elite
Weaponoffreedom has started talking about Abaddon and each time he does, he disappears. Since this is a serious topic and I don't want to waste time with the childish repetitiveness of grown men acting like six year olds, calling each other and fellow posters retards.

IF you want a serious discussion, I have fairly responded to weaponoffreedom at:

He most likely won't have a comeback to the facts presented.

ChatGPTsays

Poster
The United States was founded on a diverse set of principles, influenced by various philosophical, political, and religious ideas. While some of the Founding Fathers were Christians, the Constitution emphasizes the separation of church and state, promoting religious freedom and tolerance. The principles that shaped the nation are a blend of various Enlightenment ideals and not solely based on any specific religious doctrine.

Weaponoffreedom has started talking about Abaddon and each time he does, he disappears. Since this is a serious topic and I don't want to waste time with the childish repetitiveness of grown men acting like six year olds, calling each other and fellow posters retards.

IF you want a serious discussion, I have fairly responded to weaponoffreedom at:

He most likely won't have a comeback to the facts presented.
I dont frequent your site very much as there is only 1 poster on there. But thanks, will take a look

TheResister

Elite
The United States was founded on a diverse set of principles, influenced by various philosophical, political, and religious ideas. While some of the Founding Fathers were Christians, the Constitution emphasizes the separation of church and state, promoting religious freedom and tolerance. The principles that shaped the nation are a blend of various Enlightenment ideals and not solely based on any specific religious doctrine.

The separation of church and state is not to be found among the Declaration of Independence, Articles of Confederation or the Constitution of the United States. When the phrase was first penned, it meant exactly 180 degrees opposite of what you're arguing.

TheResister

Elite
I dont frequent your site very much as there is only 1 poster on there. But thanks, will take a look

Actually there are about six regulars. I didn't know truth had to have a minimum number of members agreeing to be understood. FWIW, there are roughly 150 viewers in the average 24 hour period and that includes regulars on this board.

No sir, you are avoiding it because you realize you don't really have a case.

Liquid Reigns

Poster
The separation of church and state is not to be found among the Declaration of Independence, Articles of Confederation or the Constitution of the United States. When the phrase was first penned, it meant exactly 180 degrees opposite of what you're arguing.
You really should learn to read and understand the words used in sentences, you're demonstrating you never made it out of third grade. SMFH

Please keep doubling down on stupid, it is entertaining. (y)

“Holiness to the Lord.” –Motto on the official seal of the Grand Lodge of New York

Masonry claims that it does not offend a Christian’s belief about Jesus Christ. For example: “We do not say to Christians that Christ was a mere man, whose life’s story is only a revival of similar older [pagan] stories. To do any of these things would be irreverent. We utter no such words.”[1] But Masonry does teach that Jesus Christ was merely a man. Concerning the denial of Christ’s deity we may note the observations of Masonic leader Jim Shaw. Shaw was a 33rd degree Mason, a Past Worshipful Master of the Blue Lodge, Past Master of all Scottish Rite bodies, and a Knight Commander of the Court of Honor. He acknowledges that official Masonic doctrine maintains that, “Jesus was just a man. He was one of the “exemplars,” one of the great men of the past, but not divine and certainly not the only means of redemption of lost mankind.”[2]

The Masonic Maundy Thursday Ritual of the chapter of Rose Croix states officially, “We meet this day to commemorate the death [of Jesus], not as inspired or divine, for this is not for us to decide.”[3] One Mason told us, “Jesus and Krishna are the same!”[4]

In his spiritual darkness or ignorance, the Christian Mason may choose to believe that Jesus was God and Savior of the world, but this is not Masonic truth. Those who consider themselves enlightened Masons hope that their unenlightened Christian brethren will realize that all specific dogmas about Christ are in error. As Clausen emphasizes, Masons hope to “strip from all religions their orthodox tenets, legends, allegories and dogmas.”[5] This is why the Masonic scholar Albert Pike asserts that Jesus was “a great teacher of morality”—but no more.[6]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holiness to the lord...........but who is the lord if not Jesus?

TheResister

Elite
“Holiness to the Lord.” –Motto on the official seal of the Grand Lodge of New York

Masonry claims that it does not offend a Christian’s belief about Jesus Christ. For example: “We do not say to Christians that Christ was a mere man, whose life’s story is only a revival of similar older [pagan] stories. To do any of these things would be irreverent. We utter no such words.”[1] But Masonry does teach that Jesus Christ was merely a man. Concerning the denial of Christ’s deity we may note the observations of Masonic leader Jim Shaw. Shaw was a 33rd degree Mason, a Past Worshipful Master of the Blue Lodge, Past Master of all Scottish Rite bodies, and a Knight Commander of the Court of Honor. He acknowledges that official Masonic doctrine maintains that, “Jesus was just a man. He was one of the “exemplars,” one of the great men of the past, but not divine and certainly not the only means of redemption of lost mankind.”[2]

The Masonic Maundy Thursday Ritual of the chapter of Rose Croix states officially, “We meet this day to commemorate the death [of Jesus], not as inspired or divine, for this is not for us to decide.”[3] One Mason told us, “Jesus and Krishna are the same!”[4]

In his spiritual darkness or ignorance, the Christian Mason may choose to believe that Jesus was God and Savior of the world, but this is not Masonic truth. Those who consider themselves enlightened Masons hope that their unenlightened Christian brethren will realize that all specific dogmas about Christ are in error. As Clausen emphasizes, Masons hope to “strip from all religions their orthodox tenets, legends, allegories and dogmas.”[5] This is why the Masonic scholar Albert Pike asserts that Jesus was “a great teacher of morality”—but no more.[6]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holiness to the lord...........but who is the lord if not Jesus?
You want to debate the founding of this country, just not in a forum where debate (as opposed to this kind of site) is supported. It probably won't dawn on you, but the people on this site don't give a shit. Most have no interest in this. Since you've been gracious enough to give the subject a real plug, here is what you're missing:

Did you think that starting this topic somewhere else and running from the debate only to come here and get patted on the head by stalkers and feds would prevent the truth from coming out?

Liquid Reigns

Poster
You want to debate the founding of this country, just not in a forum where debate (as opposed to this kind of site) is supported.
Why isn't debate in this forum supported? Hell, this site allows you to say what you want or believe, you just don't like people challenging your claims and pointing out your fallacies.

Did you think that starting this topic somewhere else and running from the debate only to come here and get patted on the head by stalkers and feds would prevent the truth from coming out?
Where has he ran from any debate? You fail to respond to what he's asked and go off on some tangent with no bearing to the OP's question. What makes you think your opinion's are "truth" in any way other then from the view a racial perception? Stalkers and feds? Loosen the tin foil.

Liquid Reigns

Poster
I know Bill Barr is a turd but he said something really important. He says the constitution was designed for a religiously disciplined people.

He paraphrased John Adams.

I think the above is a partial quote that leaves out an important piece of what Adams said and an even larger piece of context about his religious views.

First of all, here's the full quote of John Adam's letter written on October 11, 1798, to the officers of the Massachusetts militia:

But should the people of America once become capable of that deep simulation towards one another, and towards foreign nations, which assumes the language of justice and moderation, while it is practising iniquity and extravagance, and displays in the most captivating manner the charming pictures of candour, frankness, and sincerity, while it is rioting in the rapine and insolence, this country will be the most miserable habitation in the world. Because we have no government armed with the power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
Note that Adams is equating morality with religion. He's using religion as a synonym for moral thinking opposed to greed, revenge, and other motives that make the workings of democracy difficult.

Some people today have been using the last part of the quote to quite inaccurately claim that Adams was a supporter of organized religion and a proponent of a closer relationship between organized religion and government.

That's simply not the case.

Context demonstrates that clearly. Take this excerpt from a letter Adams wrote to Thomas Jefferson on December 12, 1816:

I return the Analysis of Dupuis, with my thanks for the loan of it. It is but a faint miniature of the original. I have read that original in twelve volumes, besides a thirteenth of plates. I have been a lover and a reader of romances all my life, from Don Quixote and Gil Bias to the Scottish Chiefs, and a hundred others. For the last year or two I have devoted myself to this kind of study, and have read fifteen volumes of Grimm, seven volumes of Tucker's Neddy Search, twelve volumes of Dupuis, and Tracy's Analysis, and four volumes of Jesuitical History! Romances all! I have learned nothing of importance to me, for they have made no change in my moral or religious creed, which has, for fifty or sixty years, been contained in four short words, "Be just and good." In this result they all agree with me.
I must acknowledge, however, that I have found in Dupuis more ideas that were new to me, than in all the others. My conclusion from all of them is universal toleration. Is there any work extant so well calculated to discredit corruptions and impostures in religion as Dupuis?
Once again Adams equates morality with his personal religious beliefs, which boil down to being “just and good.”

Adams dismissed works of formal religious philosophy and theology as “romances” and equates them to fairy tales.

Adam's correspondent Jefferson, of course, was a celebrated Deist who was so disdainful of religion that he famously cut much of the text out of his personal New Testament.

He and Adams shared very similar sentiment.

Anyone looking to claim a founding father as sympathetic to the idea that the United States was founded as a Christian nation had best look beyond Adams.

He was not sympathetic, despite efforts to quote mine him and distort his intent.

I think this explains it the best. Don't quote mine out of context. (y)

Top Bottom