Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TMB US OPEN POOL

Fansong1977

Poster
Just read everything in bold. Even if you've done this pool for 3 straight years. I've created a bant/watch list for those who don't read and/or pay.

Entry Fee:

$25.00 per team

Payment options:

Put your MB handle in the comments section, nothing else. Please send payment ONE time. If you know you have a gambling problem and like to enter 4-5 teams, don't submit 3, and then 1, and then a final 1. Just send in $130. We can always refund. This makes it's easier for our doorman to collect cash and tally who's paid.

DO NOT say it is for the golf pool in the comments section. Paypal/Venmo could block our account and temporarily hold the funds if they think it's related to gambling/pool. Just put your handle in the comments section. Don't be the dildo who gets the funds tied up because you couldn't read.

Format/Draft:

Salary Cap format. You have $50,000 to spend on 6 golfers. You have to select 6.

Name your entry after your MB handle and put your real email address in website. Only the Pool Admin (me) will be able to see your real email and I won't use it unless there's a payment issue. And having the MB handle as your entry name makes it easier to track.

If you have a non-MB friend who wants to play, but doesn't like hut-hut crootin message boards,have them sign up on the Run Your Pool site with your handle. Ie: Athensdawg9 - Daniel. They can have their own separate email/login account so they can track it, but putting tMB handle in here makes it easier to contact folks if there's an issue.

Click here to sign up and submit your team

Pool ID: 75531

Pool Name: 2023 Main Board Golf Pool

Pool Password: mainboard

NOTE: If you've participated in the last year, you should already have an account set up. DON'T CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT. We have to pay for every account, so you if you've used the website before, use your same login. If you forgot it, do the forgot password button. I've been deleting duplicate and old entries, so if I deleted yours it's because you either had duplicate logins or haven't used your old in in a while.

Scoring:

THREE ways to win!

• Total Score
  • Total Winnings
  • Daily Low
"Scoring Explanation & Tiebreakers"

The 4 best scores for the day will count. The 2 worst scores will drop. You need 4 golfers to make the cut to qualify for the big pot. So only the best 4 scores will count each day. Each day is independent of the others. So on Thursday, you may be using the scores of Player 1, Player 2, Player 5, and Player 6, but on Friday you may be using the scores of Player 2, Player 3, Player 4 and Player 6. All 4 days will be totaled and the top spots will win $$$$$.

You must have 4 guys make the cut to qualify for the big pot & daily winners for Saturday & Sunday.

However, everyone will have a chance at the Total Winnings pot regardless of how many make the cut. And Total Winnings will not have a cut-off of golfers. All 6 players can count.

Tigerocker rule: If you have 3 or more players on a team WD, that team is not eligible for the daily pot from that point forward and will obviously be considered as "missing the cut" for the big pot. That team will remain eligible for the Total Winnings.

Ties for the main pot will be determined in such order:

1. Whoever had the most players make the cut.
  2. 5th best score from all 4 days (or from that day for daily winners)
  3. 6th best score from all 4 days (or from that day for daily winners)
  4. Lower tournament score of the best player on each team (ie. Team 1 and Team 2 both have identical weekly scores from all 6 golfers. Team 1 had Dustin Johnson who shot a -7 for the tournament and Team 2 has Hideki Matsuyama who shot a -5 for the tournament. Team 1 would win the tiebreaker).
  5. Split pot
Payouts:

35% for 1st place

20% for 2nd place

15% for 3rd place

10% for Total $ Winnings Champ

5% for each Daily winners

If you win any amount, you may not receive payment immediately. In fact, it may take 3 days to a week.

"Payout Notes - Venmo/PP Limits"

Venmo has a cap on how much money you can send/receive in a given week. So if you win the big pot, there's a chance you have to wait until Monday, Tuesday, or even Wednesday to collect all your winnings.

Note: We don't run this pool for any sort of compensation, but because we enjoy golf.

"FAQs"

Q: Why are we back to using the Run Your Pool site?

A: Frankly, it's easier on the initial set-up. We could save money by doing it all offline, but it's a pain in the ass for me. Especially when douches reset their lineups 3-4 got damn times. I still have to spend time updating scores each day and putting the spreadsheet together, but at least I only have ass-pain on just the back-end instead of both front and back-ends.

Q: I don't have Paypal or Venmo, how do I participate?

A: It's the only payment form we will accept. Many players get their wives or friends to send payment. Paypal actually owns Venmo & both options are secure (I've actually had fraud committed on my bank account, but not my Paypal/venmo). No got damn checks or money orders.

Q: How often will you be updating scores?

A: Total winnings score will be updated continuously from the Run Your Pool site. For the daily low and total score, I will try update as often as I can. I should be around most of the weekend, but I may sneak in a round of golf.

Q: Is it gay to subscribe a website that focuses on young, shirtless, high-school boys?

A: Only if you work as a recruiting analyst for such website.

NOTE:

Don't PM myself, or @Dudeness or @Tigerocker or @Zigjr if we've received your payment. If you paid the wrong person, we'll track you down when we do the final reconciliation.

We don't need to be answering 20 separate PMs.

Just read everything in bold. Even if you've done this pool for 3 straight years. I've created a bant/watch list for those who don't read and/or pay.

Entry Fee:

$25.00 per team

Payment options:

Put your MB handle in the comments section, nothing else. Please send payment ONE time. If you know you have a gambling problem and like to enter 4-5 teams, don't submit 3, and then 1, and then a final 1. Just send in $130. We can always refund. This makes it's easier for our doorman to collect cash and tally who's paid.

DO NOT say it is for the golf pool in the comments section. Paypal/Venmo could block our account and temporarily hold the funds if they think it's related to gambling/pool. Just put your handle in the comments section. Don't be the dildo who gets the funds tied up because you couldn't read.

Format/Draft:

Salary Cap format. You have $50,000 to spend on 6 golfers. You have to select 6.

Name your entry after your MB handle and put your real email address in website. Only the Pool Admin (me) will be able to see your real email and I won't use it unless there's a payment issue. And having the MB handle as your entry name makes it easier to track.

If you have a non-MB friend who wants to play, but doesn't like hut-hut crootin message boards,have them sign up on the Run Your Pool site with your handle. Ie: Athensdawg9 - Daniel. They can have their own separate email/login account so they can track it, but putting tMB handle in here makes it easier to contact folks if there's an issue.

Click here to sign up and submit your team

Pool ID: 75531

Pool Name: 2023 Main Board Golf Pool

Pool Password: mainboard

NOTE: If you've participated in the last year, you should already have an account set up. DON'T CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT. We have to pay for every account, so you if you've used the website before, use your same login. If you forgot it, do the forgot password button. I've been deleting duplicate and old entries, so if I deleted yours it's because you either had duplicate logins or haven't used your old in in a while.

Scoring:

THREE ways to win!

• Total Score
  • Total Winnings
  • Daily Low
"Scoring Explanation & Tiebreakers"

The 4 best scores for the day will count. The 2 worst scores will drop. You need 4 golfers to make the cut to qualify for the big pot. So only the best 4 scores will count each day. Each day is independent of the others. So on Thursday, you may be using the scores of Player 1, Player 2, Player 5, and Player 6, but on Friday you may be using the scores of Player 2, Player 3, Player 4 and Player 6. All 4 days will be totaled and the top spots will win $$$$$.

You must have 4 guys make the cut to qualify for the big pot & daily winners for Saturday & Sunday.

However, everyone will have a chance at the Total Winnings pot regardless of how many make the cut. And Total Winnings will not have a cut-off of golfers. All 6 players can count.

Tigerocker rule: If you have 3 or more players on a team WD, that team is not eligible for the daily pot from that point forward and will obviously be considered as "missing the cut" for the big pot. That team will remain eligible for the Total Winnings.

Ties for the main pot will be determined in such order:

1. Whoever had the most players make the cut.
  2. 5th best score from all 4 days (or from that day for daily winners)
  3. 6th best score from all 4 days (or from that day for daily winners)
  4. Lower tournament score of the best player on each team (ie. Team 1 and Team 2 both have identical weekly scores from all 6 golfers. Team 1 had Dustin Johnson who shot a -7 for the tournament and Team 2 has Hideki Matsuyama who shot a -5 for the tournament. Team 1 would win the tiebreaker).
  5. Split pot
Payouts:

35% for 1st place

20% for 2nd place

15% for 3rd place

10% for Total $ Winnings Champ

5% for each Daily winners

If you win any amount, you may not receive payment immediately. In fact, it may take 3 days to a week.

"Payout Notes - Venmo/PP Limits"

Venmo has a cap on how much money you can send/receive in a given week. So if you win the big pot, there's a chance you have to wait until Monday, Tuesday, or even Wednesday to collect all your winnings.

Note: We don't run this pool for any sort of compensation, but because we enjoy golf.

"FAQs"

Q: Why are we back to using the Run Your Pool site?

A: Frankly, it's easier on the initial set-up. We could save money by doing it all offline, but it's a pain in the ass for me. Especially when douches reset their lineups 3-4 got damn times. I still have to spend time updating scores each day and putting the spreadsheet together, but at least I only have ass-pain on just the back-end instead of both front and back-ends.

Q: I don't have Paypal or Venmo, how do I participate?

A: It's the only payment form we will accept. Many players get their wives or friends to send payment. Paypal actually owns Venmo & both options are secure (I've actually had fraud committed on my bank account, but not my Paypal/venmo). No got damn checks or money orders.

Q: How often will you be updating scores?

A: Total winnings score will be updated continuously from the Run Your Pool site. For the daily low and total score, I will try update as often as I can. I should be around most of the weekend, but I may sneak in a round of golf.

Q: Is it gay to subscribe a website that focuses on young, shirtless, high-school boys?

A: Only if you work as a recruiting analyst for such website.

NOTE:

Don't PM myself, or @Dudeness or @Tigerocker or @Zigjr if we've received your payment. If you paid the wrong person, we'll track you down when we do the final reconciliation.

We don't need to be answering 20 separate PMs.
You are a gentleman and a scholar

Latest posts

Top Bottom